Author Topic: Decar's trip to Essen Spiel 2022  (Read 2857 times)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
Re: Decar's trip to Essen Spiel 2022
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2022, 07:24:35 PM »
If I can't buy a Ukraine or Spiel tile, I am going to hold you guys personally responsible  >:(

All jokes aside, it looks like a good time was had by all.   One day I will make it to Spiel, but I imagine I would be overwhelmed.  The Carcassonne temporary tattoos are an amazing idea!   :yellow-meeple:

Offline Den Ozzy

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2022, 12:21:13 AM »
Hi Decar,

This is a very nice story you have written here.
Nice to read everything about your trip to Essen and to see the photos behind the story.

Tom, Dan and Willem, it was nice and an honor to have you in my house, I think we had a lot more to talk about but unfortunately there was no time left. We will certainly continue this later, I hope next year at the Spielbeurs in Essen.

Many greetings, Ringo

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2022, 02:15:10 AM »
Thanks to Decar for the trip write-up! Wish I could have been there with you guys.

Ringo, your collection is very well presented! It’s making me want to improve my own display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2022, 04:04:15 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Ringo, your collection and presentation is truly amazing. I was really happy to see that there are people out there meticulously preserving every aspect of Carcassonne. It was also wonderful to know that they're kind enough to open their doors to other fans!  I'm glad that we were able to share a few photos with people too.  I look forward to being able to share experiences again and hopefully exchange a few bits and pieces in the future.  +1 from me :)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2022, 05:40:22 AM »
For those interested in my recent Noggin The Nog adventure, I was very surprised this morning to find that Tony Boydell had dedicated today's blog post to the book I presented to them at Essen Spiel—https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/137624/where-black-rocks-stand-guard-against-cold-sea

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2022, 06:20:47 AM »
Tom, Dan and Willem, it was nice and an honor to have you in my house, I think we had a lot more to talk about but unfortunately there was no time left. We will certainly continue this later, I hope next year at the Spielbeurs in Essen.

Loved being there! Thank you so much for having us! :) :(y)

Online Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2022, 06:15:17 AM »
Thanks for the report @Decar  :(y) +1
If Cundco releases all big expansions in the C3 next year, you'll need a car trailer to transport it all ;D
Completed: Robber's Son | Gambler's Luck | Vistas Revisited | First Wells | The Flying Machines 2
WIP: The Occult Tower | Binding Deed | Wandering Preachers | City Gates Rebuilt | New King's Orders

Offline Den Ozzy

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2022, 12:22:21 AM »
Thanks to Decar for the trip write-up! Wish I could have been there with you guys.

Ringo, your collection is very well presented! It’s making me want to improve my own display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Scott,

After the collection has grown in closed cupboards for 14 years, it was time to give everything a nice place in sight.
Now that the children are out of the house, this moment has come.
Last winter I arranged a room and I was finally able to give everything a nice place in the room, the Carcassonne room
This way I can enjoy my collection nicely and I can find everything (or find almost everything)
There are still many boxes behind each other in the open cupboard that you cannot see, but now and then I switch places so that other boxes are in front and I get a different view
In this way it's easy to show it to fellow collectors who sometimes visit my house.

I'm curious to see your display when it's done

Offline Den Ozzy

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2022, 01:06:28 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Ringo, your collection and presentation is truly amazing. I was really happy to see that there are people out there meticulously preserving every aspect of Carcassonne. It was also wonderful to know that they're kind enough to open their doors to other fans!  I'm glad that we were able to share a few photos with people too.  I look forward to being able to share experiences again and hopefully exchange a few bits and pieces in the future.  +1 from me :)

Hi Decar,

With the collection of Carcassonne and the sharing of information, friendships have also arisen, that is the nice thing about the whole Carcassonne world.
Friends help each other, so no problem receiving you.
And as you say if we can help each other in the future with exchanging pieces or help each other with pieces no problem  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Essen Spiel 2022 Reports

Started by Decar

2 Replies
Last post October 17, 2022, 02:33:15 AM
by Decar
xx
Essen Spiel 2022 meetup

Started by Decar

51 Replies
Last post October 12, 2022, 02:26:58 AM