Carc Central Community > Community Rules (Meepledrone & Friends)

Barns Farmers and Pigs

(1/2) > >>

RubyDoo:
If the blue player has a farmer and pig and the red player has a farmer on the same field. When a barn is placed on that field does the pig score any points.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5990.0

Meepledrone:
Welcome to the forum, @RubyDoo !

Blue will receive +1 point per completed city or per castle in the field when the barn is placed.

So, for example:
* Blue will receive 4 points per completed city and 5 points per castle (Blue pig --> 1 extra point per feature)
* Red will receive 3 points per completed city and 4 points per castle (no Red pig --> no extra points)

kothmann:
You might also be interested in this thread at BGG:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/326278/did-we-play-barn-correctly:

--- Quote ---It *almost* sounds like the barn breaks the game.
--- End quote ---

See also Element of the week: Barns (great series by @Whaleyland) for a variety of opinions about Barns.

And welcome to the Forum!

RubyDoo:

--- Quote from: RubyDoo on June 27, 2022, 12:00:17 AM ---If the blue player has a farmer and pig and the red player has a farmer on the same field. When a barn is placed on that field does the pig score any points.

--- End quote ---

Thanks you everyone so far. We had a hotly contested game last night (they mostly are!) and came to a draw. I was feeling that I had missed out as my 'pig' points were disallowed which I thought was the wrong decision so decided I needed to investigate ! Really appreciating your answers and clarifications.

Bumsakalaka:

--- Quote from: RubyDoo on June 27, 2022, 04:22:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: RubyDoo on June 27, 2022, 12:00:17 AM ---If the blue player has a farmer and pig and the red player has a farmer on the same field. When a barn is placed on that field does the pig score any points.

--- End quote ---

Thanks you everyone so far. We had a hotly contested game last night (they mostly are!) and came to a draw. I was feeling that I had missed out as my 'pig' points were disallowed which I thought was the wrong decision so decided I needed to investigate ! Really appreciating your answers and clarifications.

--- End quote ---

Funny fact is, when joining two fields where one has Barn and second has farmer, you are able to place pig to field and then you get extra points.

But this other situation, not placing Barn, but join field to field with Barn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version