Author Topic: Big Box 7: A brand new Big Box with an already long history?!  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
Big Box 7: A brand new Big Box with an already long history?!
« on: January 18, 2022, 07:02:45 AM »
The new Big Box has been out for a while now, but with some interesting details!
When it was first released in France and Greece, we quickly noticed several errors in the landscape on the front of the box.
2 tiles were laid incorrectly, having roads not connecting and ending in nothingness...
Also it had several figures placed incorrectly, such as an Abbot on a road, Mage and Witch on completed features, etc.
The German version that has been released, also saw these errors. See the 1st picture.

Updates have been made.
The Dutch, Czech and Italian releases have seen some updates to the visuals. The tiles with roads have been corrected, however the figures are still placed incorrectly.
See the 2nd picture for the release of 999 Games.

Those first 2 versions have been printed like this. My German and French versions have all the errors, and my Czech version has seen the updates.
There has been a new image released by the German publisher Hans im Gluck, which shows all errors corrected.
See the 3rd picture.

When this fully correct one will be released, we'll have to find out. Perhaps once the current stock has gone, reprints will be corrected?

Update:
Nice little tidbit; the promo pictures from HiG on different websites who sell the German BB7, have an image of the 2nd version. So tiles updated, figures still incorrect:

However when you order it, you get the one with all mistakes (as shown in the first picture)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5676.0
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 07:36:51 AM by Willem »
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: Big Box 7: A brand new Big Box with an already long history?!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 09:51:49 AM »
And you forgot mention that MINDOK version has sharpen corners from C1/C2
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 10:19:42 AM »
Should we order a replacement cover to avoid spotting those errors every time I'm opening the box? Shall HiG agree to that?

They hired the same person who created other marketing images to maintain the tradition, inspired by the rules themselves:

Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline KBellon

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 10:50:38 AM »
Should we order a replacement cover to avoid spotting those errors every time I'm opening the box? Shall HiG agree to that?

They hired the same person who created other marketing images to maintain the tradition, inspired by the rules themselves:

Seeing this really hurts my eyes.  :P

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 11:49:15 AM »
We keep this image on the WICA main page for the same reason... To see who pays attention.

We should include another with the C3 box... I have the 1st HiG version and I have to cover it with a piece of cloth to keep my inner peace... :o

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
WTS Brand New Carcassonne Mini Expansions (German/Dutch/English)

Started by The-Edge

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2021, 03:45:09 PM
by Allograft
xx
A strange brand of completionism

Started by CKorfmann

6 Replies
Last post January 28, 2017, 02:27:02 PM
by Decar
xx
I have waited too long for more abbot's