Author Topic: New Mini and Ukraine Promo tile announced for Essen and subsequent Cundco  (Read 7557 times)

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • Merit: 3
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
Edit: I just realized that I did write in French!
I woke up every hour last night (Quebec Hour) to be sure not to miss anything :P I will try again when they announce the 'Christmas sale' with the spiel '22 tile.  Shipping was too high to take the Ukrainian Map for now but I still get the Bet mini-expansion and 3 Ukraine tiles :-) Great day to everybody!

Je me suis réveillé à toute les heures cette nuit (heure du Québec) pour ne rien manquer... et malheureusement pas de Tuile Spiel '22. Mais bon j'ai quand même mes 3 tuiles Ukraine. Pour la map je vais attendre à la possible prochaine vente de Noel pour la tuile '22 car ça fait grimper de beaucoup le transport!! Bonne journée à tous :-)
I did the same (one Ukraine tile for me and one for exchange, in case).

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Order placed, but too sad there's no spiel 22 tile  :'(

I ordered all of the maps (except USA that I already own), last yeard adding a map made the shipping costs a lot higher, but today adding the maps only increased the shopping costs from 19 to 21 Euros (to Switzerland)  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Doom_Shark

• Vassal
  • I swear I have a life...just not right now
    • View Profile
I've only got the US maps, so today I got all the rest, including Ukraine and Taiwan, plus 3 Ukraine tiles (two for myself and one to pass on in case someone here in North America misses out), the Bets, and some other minis that I hadn't gotten around to buying to make the 80 euro (!) shipping to the US worth it

Offline Mikeagan

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • I am interested in any expansion for CARC2.
    • View Profile
Shipping to USA is terrible.
Ukraine Map €7.99 + Shipping €49.95 = €57.94
Ukraine Tile €3.00 + Shipping €9.95 = €12.95
The Bets €6.99 + Shipping €11.45 = €18.44

Ukraine Tile & The Bets €9.99 + Shipping €11.45 = €21.44
Ukraine Map & Tile & The Bets €17.98 + Shipping €49.95 = €67.93

I will probably have to pass on these for now.
It used to be €3.95 shipping to USA for most mini expansions and €29.95 shipping for maps or larger items.

On the other hand, with 5 copies of both Ukraine items plus 1 copy of The Bets keep the €49.95 shipping. If there was 4 others that wanted to order them together it would be €9.99 shipping each plus local shipping to distribute
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 08:38:21 AM by Mikeagan »
My CARC2 homemade expansions:
SUMMER GINGERBREAD MAN.

Offline carlium

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 25
  • I haven't updated my profile yet! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Still, it is a little expensive, @Mikeagan. The last time we ordered something in batch, the shipping within the US was around $9 plus those triangular tubes sold by USPS.

I contacted cundco asking for a different shipping company or different rates, but they argued that the high price is because of the insurance and tracking. This is not completely true based on my experience. When I bought my UK and Benelux maps, the package was missing, and DHL just said: "we cannot do anything about it."

Maybe trying to contact again cundco to push a little to change the delivery company could be better in the long run.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
The map isn't happening for me.  I'll probably bite the bullet for the Bets and the Ukraine tile if it is still available during the advent promotion.

The US maps showed up in Boardgame Geek's market, so maybe the Ukraine one will too. 

Offline Carcassonne King

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Yeah, I agree that Cundco's shipping prices have gone out of control.  I bought The Bets and the Ukraine tile last week, and shipping it was €12!  Not only is that more than the price of the tiles I bought, but that's over double what the shipping price used to be, and it sounds like they are still using the same national postal service to deliver it.  I was going to buy Mists Over Carcassonne off Cundco when they got English copies back in stock, but now I think not.

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
New Mini and Ukraine Promo tile announced for Essen and subsequent Cundco
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2022, 09:30:56 AM »
Yeah, I agree that Cundco's shipping prices have gone out of control.  I bought The Bets and the Ukraine tile last week, and shipping it was €12!  Not only is that more than the price of the tiles I bought, but that's over double what the shipping price used to be, and it sounds like they are still using the same national postal service to deliver it.  I was going to buy Mists Over Carcassonne off Cundco when they got English copies back in stock, but now I think not.
Same here, I’ll buy the italian copy, in November.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 10:35:14 AM by supertopix »

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
It costs just under €60 to ship a map to New Zealand regardless of what else is in the package, so I am waiting until December's Advent event to order everything. I've got two maps to order (Taiwan and Ukraine), the English Mists of Carcassonne (if it's back in stock), the Ukraine tile, The Bets, and a number of random meeples, scoring tiles, scoring flags, etc. As long as at least one map is in the order, the shipping price doesn't change for me, which is why it makes sense to order them all together. My only real concern is that the Ukraine tile will be out of stock or that something else I want to order will be gone by then (it happens almost every year).

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
I don’t expect English editions of Mists to restock at HiG. Asmodee is responsible for distribution of English editions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carca82

My only real concern is that the Ukraine tile will be out of stock or that something else I want to order will be gone by then (it happens almost every year).
Don't you worry my friend, I'm sure some of the people who got 3/5/10 tiles at the Essen event (for """"charity"""" and nothing else, of course) will be very glad to solve your problem, by selling you one yes at 49,99£ but plus just the minimum shipping, or simply offering you a fair trade (just a KJW-signed edition of The Market of Leipzieg maybe, or just one copy of the 2018 Limited Special Edition in exchange for the tile).

Offline lr

• Duke
  • Merit: 2
  • Carcassonne player
    • View Profile

Hello,

The price of the special Ukrainian tile has dropped on cundco!

https://cundco.de/mini-erweiterungen/carcassonne/478/carcassonne-ukraine-plaettchen?c=12

Online Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
Good spot! I guess they've made so many, and as they have already reached their goal and provided the (financial) support for the NGO come back alive charity, they feel comfortable selling the remaining stock for a lower price
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Good spot! I guess they've made so many, and as they have already reached their goal and provided the (financial) support for the NGO come back alive charity, they feel comfortable selling the remaining stock for a lower price
Maybe there are other pressure to them (Hobby World?) who knows. It's look likes, the investments were returned. So there is no reason to sell them quickly.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Ukraine Promo Tile will not be reprinted and earned 1 mil Hrivnas

Started by Bumsakalaka

1 Replies
Last post January 04, 2023, 01:03:20 PM
by danisthirty
smiley
[WTT] Spiel 22 promo tile for Spiel 23 promo tile - Done => Topic can be closed

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

2 Replies
Last post November 21, 2023, 04:34:18 PM