Author Topic: HIG facebook-Carcassonne-What is missing at the CundCoShop?  (Read 38498 times)

Offline loki

• Duke
  • Merit: 7
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: HIG facebook-Carcassonne-What is missing at the CundCoShop?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 09:26:31 AM »
With Matthäus artwork?

Big Box 5 is all original artwork (base game, river 3, I&C, T&B , WoF, H&S) plus pink and purple meeple sets (but no A&M so no barn, wagon or mayor -  Would have been nice if they had included them)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »
I know, what is normally in the Big Box 5, but I'm curious, that they reprinted it now with the old artwork, although it's sometimes stated, that the new artwork was partly a royalty issue, and also because it's stated, that they will soon reprint the new version. (Some people on BGG even "confirm", that the first expansions will be reprinted in new artwork this year as well.) So, I think it's strange, that they still do a reprint of the Matthäus version.

Anyway, to get back to the topic: this might be an idea interesting for CundCo as well: a "Big Box 5 Upgrade Kit" with wood from A&M and the numbered minis in pink and purple.

Offline loki

• Duke
  • Merit: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 10:02:32 AM »
I know, what is normally in the Big Box 5, but I'm curious, that they reprinted it now with the old artwork

Big Box 5 was always (in Canada) with the original artwork except the big wheel has had the text replaced by symbols so it is not language dependant.

http://zmangames.com/rulebooks/Carcassonne_Big_Box_5.pdf

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2015, 10:29:15 AM »
To be more precise, I would have rather expected them to print a "Big Box 6" (with other configuration of expansions, or possibly just the same as Big Box 5, but with new artwork anyway), then an exact BB5 reprint, especially since it seems, that they still have some BB4 in stock as well.

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2015, 12:14:35 PM »
-  A print-on-demand service where one would submit a approved format image file of customised tiles so that fan expansions can be printed with the same quality as the originals. (Let me dream ok?)

I don't think this will happen but not I believe for cost or technical reasons. Firstly technology will improve so maybe it will happen for that reason. But I suspect that even today there is probably a sweat spot where lots of people would be happy to pay for a bulk custom order and HiG would still make a profit. The trouble is HiG would have to put in checks to ensure no damage was being done to the brand. That would be really hard.

Also I wish they would provide a way to store tiles compactly and transportably.

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2015, 12:20:40 PM »
-  A print-on-demand service where one would submit a approved format image file of customised tiles so that fan expansions can be printed with the same quality as the originals. (Let me dream ok?)

I don't think this will happen but not I believe for cost or technical reasons. Firstly technology will improve so maybe it will happen for that reason. But I suspect that even today there is probably a sweat spot where lots of people would be happy to pay for a bulk custom order and HiG would still make a profit. The trouble is HiG would have to put in checks to ensure no damage was being done to the brand. That would be really hard.

Also I wish they would provide a way to store tiles compactly and transportably.

I think that besides all that you said, they will not to prevent people from selling fan-expansions on ebay
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »
- Meeple magnets in all colours
- other figures as magnets (builder, pig, dragon...)

Offline asparagus

• Count
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2015, 11:10:54 PM »

I think that besides all that you said, they will not to prevent people from selling fan-expansions on ebay

I was more thinking that HiG would need to vet all submissions rather than forbid sales on ebay. I then thought that advertising a custom tile printing service and then vetting requests would make HiG look petty. I reckon they would be foolish to offer it however much we would like it.

However what I am getting at is can we suggest to HiG that they formalize the process that is used in say "the school" or "the Darmstadt" promo so that at least in principle it becomes accessible to fans or groups of fans? As such I have two proposals that would open up the process, be self-financing and yet I believe protect the interests of HiG.

The Charity Mini-Expansion Proposal
The group proposing would need to provide:
1.) some seed money (returnable in the case of a rejected application)
2.) documentation from a reputable charity that they would be willing to participate in the scheme.
3.) A proposed expansion design with either 1,2,3 or 6 tiles and rules in German.
HiG would have the right to reject the application but would normally negotiate improvements. In the event of agreement they would give a number of free copies to the original backers and the rest would be sold from the cundco site. Half on any profits would go to the nominated charity.

The Kickstarter Expansion Proposal
The group proposing would need to provide:
1.) some seed money (returnable in the case of a rejected application)
2.) A proposed expansion design with rules in German and English.
HiG would have the right to reject the application but would normally negotiate improvements. In the event of agreement they would start a kickstarter project throwing various rewards. Presumably a pdf of the rules would be at the lowest level and a free copy at the second lowest. They probably would not find it difficult to throw in suitable rewards. The seed money backers would be assigned to a reward level only available to the original proposers. From then on it would follow the normal kickstarter rules.

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2015, 12:53:09 AM »
It would be nice to have a series of followers all extensions, transparent in annual version 10.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2015, 01:05:27 AM »
Merchandise article:

- Floor mat (with a landscape with cloister or Inn at the lake - or with Meeple on it)
- posters of Carcassonne - perhaps landscape or the pictures from the front of the boxes...

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2015, 02:03:11 AM »
Some kind of official, compact multi-expansion storage box might be nice. Maybe they could bulk buy a load of art bin style cases and have some logos printed on to them?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2015, 02:21:43 AM »
...expansions for Carcassonne2.0?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2015, 02:33:37 AM »
...expansions for Carcassonne2.0?
...Boo.  >:D

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2015, 02:40:59 AM »
@ asparagus: your "charity model" might work on few occasions, but more likely, when it comes from the charity organisation itself. I'm pretty this school project in Africa came with a proposal without any "expansion ideas", and they had been worked out by HiG/KJW it-/himself and it's would work like that normally.

Your "kickstarter project" on the other hand I would completely reason out. To be honest, there is a ton of official expansions, some less devoted players make even fun of that. So HiG would rather decrease the likeliness, that people would further buy official expansions, if they throw out fanexpansions through kickstarter projects. Plus, as soon, as HiG really use fanexpansions in any way commercially, they will have to pay the designer of that expansion something. Beside, there are other games, which would need much more kickstarter backers, then a Carcassonne expansion. I think, this would not be well received among other gamers, something HiG surely doesn't want to provoke as well.

Offline asparagus

• Count
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2015, 03:05:21 AM »
Some kind of official, compact multi-expansion storage box might be nice. Maybe they could bulk buy a load of art bin style cases and have some logos printed on to them?

Well said sir. It also needs to have a system for keeping the expansions neatly stored.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:16:19 AM by asparagus »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
HiG facebook - the greates Landscape of Carcassonne

Started by kettlefish

3 Replies
Last post February 18, 2017, 05:41:23 PM
by Paul
xx
HiG - Facebook - Photos from Carcassonne-Fans

Started by kettlefish

2 Replies
Last post July 07, 2014, 10:12:04 AM