Author Topic: Shipping to the EU from the UK - Import Taxes & Customs  (Read 846 times)

Offline egamar

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 4
  • I haven't much in my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Shipping to the EU from the UK - Import Taxes & Customs
« on: July 29, 2022, 07:45:06 AM »
Hello everyone

As you know, I am selling my entire collection of Carcassonnerie from the UK.  This is a Public Service Announcement about shipments from outside the EU into the EU.

We all know this is a popular game worldwide.  There are no problems selling and shipping inside the UK (obviously) and strangely it is easy to ship to the USA as they have no taxes or duties on import of these things.

Unfortunately,  when I send things to you in the EU and if your Customs or Tax Authorities become interested in the envelope, then your Customs/Postal authorities may process it for payment of ÁFA; ALV; Moms; BTW; TVA; MWSt; DDV; DPH; DPH; IVA; km; USt.; PDV; PTU; VAT; PVM; PVN; CBL; ΦΠΑ; ДДС at the rate in your country (16% - 27%) and may charge a fee (perhaps €5 - €10, I cannot know).

Your country may have its own local rules and procedures even if they are all meant to be the same across the EU: I cannot know what they are, sorry.

Please bear this in mind when asking me to ship to your country: I am happy to do so, of course, but the Customs issues are your responsibility I'm afraid.

This is ironic since every one of the items will have come from Germany originally, and will have had German VAT (MWSt) paid on them, but even if they are sent back to Germany, the EU authorities insist that VAT/MWSt is paid again now we are not part of the EU.

That is the end of the Public Service Announcement. 

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6032.0
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 01:23:28 PM by egamar »
Agricola was my gateway game. Carcassonne became my game of choice.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Egamar - Selling entire collection - shipping to the EU
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 12:55:53 PM »
Something weird happened with the topic title. So I've just renamed it. Not sure what happened, will have to keep an eye on it in case there's a database issue.  Feel free to rename it again!

Offline egamar

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
Re: Egamar - Selling entire collection - shipping to the EU
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 01:14:39 PM »
FYI:

The original title was exactly

ÁFA;ALV;Moms;BTW;TVA;MWSt;DDV;DPH;DPH;IVA;km;USt.;PDV;PTU;VAT;PVM;PVN;CBL;ΦΠΑ;ДДС
I didn't want to leave out anyone's national abbreviation :)

and it was bang-up against the maximum character limit for the title field. Could it be a Cyrillic character in the very last position causing a problem?

I won't rename it, just in case.I did rename it a bit: not back to the original, but to make it more generic and not all about me :)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 01:25:17 PM by egamar »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Shipping to the EU from the UK - Import Taxes & Customs
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 01:53:23 PM »
Haha,
I wasn't familiar with that... acronym.  It made for a long topic title. I should have guessed it was intentional. Makes you wonder if there's a shorter way of listing those nations on your EC sales list.

Offline egamar

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping to the EU from the UK - Import Taxes & Customs
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 01:58:11 PM »
Makes you wonder if there's a shorter way of listing those nations on your EC sales list.
Thankfully the abbreviations for some countries are the same if they share the same language or - serendipitously - the words start with the same letters!

I blame the Germanic tribes myself: for some reason they have TWO valid words for the same tax: Mehrwertsteuer / Umsatzsteuer ("Added value tax" and "turnover tax", if my German serves me well).  I couldn't even fit in the Irish "CBL" (Cáin Bhreisluacha) but oddly there seems to be very few Irish Gamers, so I passed.  Of course, the Belgians have "BTW", "TVA" and  "MWSt", but ss those are shared with other countries we can't blame them.  Even if it is Tuesday.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 02:07:49 PM by egamar »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Cundco.de: are there any import taxes to UK?

Started by MMike

15 Replies
Last post October 10, 2022, 02:34:21 PM
by egamar
xx
Import fees when buying from Amazon European stores?

Started by AdamJBavier

6 Replies
Last post April 21, 2017, 10:25:09 AM
by AdamJBavier
xx
WTB: Import Mini expansions

Started by spikey_dino

10 Replies
Last post April 23, 2015, 08:23:53 PM
by spikey_dino
xx
$$$$ + shipping in Cobol