Author Topic: Who changed the Dragon rules, and why?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
Re: Who changed the Dragon rules, and why?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 11:24:37 PM »
In the official Carcassonne app for iOS, you can move the Fairy after placing a Dragon tile and before the Dragon moves.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 11:38:47 PM »
Same for the official Asmodee (Zman) app for Android (maybe you're talking about the same app)  :yellow-meeple:

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2022, 06:15:11 AM »
Was the same in the Coding Monkeys Carcassonne app, which was the official one before the license was passed to a different company.

I have not tried the new app but I imagine it behaves the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM
:violet-meeple:

It's all fun and games.. until you add The Tower expansion! ;-)

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2022, 09:40:30 PM »
I told everyone that I would give them a report on how things went with our newbie group after playing the Dragon with both the 2005 and 2016 rules.

We played 2 games with the Dragons last weekend, first just basic game tiles and Princess and Dragon tile, and the second game also included Traders and Builders. Both games followed the 2005 rules where the player who draws the Dragon tile gets to Place the Tile, Place a Meeple or Move the Fairy before the Dragon moves.

We played two more games this weekend, both games were played with the 2016 printed version of the rules where the dragon moves in phase 1B, before the player who draws the tile places it on the board. The only advantage that the player who draws the tile has with this version of the rules is that they make the first move of the Dragon.  Our first game included the basic game tiles, River I and II, plus Inns and Cathedrals.  The second game also included Traders and Builders plus the Bridges and Castles, without the Bazaars.

All four of us agree that, basically, moving the dragon immediately after drawing it, totally before the player who draws the tile can even place it on the board, makes the game, especially the Fairy movements, far more interesting.

Our house rules will be to follow the 2016 printed version of the rules as printed!
Totally addicted to this game

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 02:12:13 AM »
I've not followed this thread, but as a general rule of thumb asking why something happened usually doesn't get satisfactory answers because they're rarely detailed, and left to conjecture.

For example the latest River source has a road on it after 20 years.... why? Because someone somewhere someday decided to put a road on it.  It's probably because the river isn't enjoyed by many because it generally creates large farms, putting a road in it resolves some of that issue. But the publisher won't confirm that, and even if they did, it would probably be because it's easier than explaining all of the thought they put into it .

Offline OneEyedOwl

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • Based in Germany, at the Swiss border
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 02:30:45 AM »
Just to put it out there:

If you move the dragon first, that potentially allows you to score a feature that has been freed up just right now.

No interest in 1st edition, but glad to help anyone looking for them. If you see something on ebay-kleinanzeigen.de and need someone to ship to your country, hit me up ^^

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2022, 03:37:47 AM »
Our house rules will be to follow the 2016 printed version of the rules as printed!
And that is totally fine. Rules are rules, but the fun is at each table different enjoy the game how you like  O0
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Dangit, they changed the artwork AGAIN??

Started by Just a Bill

1 Replies
Last post January 15, 2018, 06:37:45 AM
by ny1050220
xx
Why can't you capture pigs and builders with a tower?

Started by joe_abbot

3 Replies
Last post January 06, 2023, 08:21:44 AM
by kothmann
xx
Why and where to buy missing expansions

Started by jungleboy

17 Replies
Last post January 09, 2017, 02:36:58 PM
by jungleboy
xx
Could Someone Tell Me Why Exozet is Removed?

Started by Beguzzles

4 Replies
Last post July 24, 2017, 03:20:49 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Why Escape a Besieged City?

Started by danisthirty

8 Replies
Last post September 10, 2013, 08:48:16 AM
by Carcking