Author Topic: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here  (Read 75196 times)

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
Re: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2023, 06:07:38 AM »
A suggestion re this page:
https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Count,_King_and_Robber#River_II

These sentences:
Even if you complete more than one feature at the same time, you may not receive any points for any of them, so you can use this option. You may place a maximum of one meeple in the city of Carcassonne per turn. [5]

You can only place your Abbot in the cathedral in Carcassonne. [6]

Could possibly be better as:
To use this option when you complete multiple features at the same time, you must not gain points for any of them. You may place a maximum of one meeple in the city of Carcassonne per turn. [5]

In the city of Carcassonne, you can only place your Abbot in the cathedral. [6]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 06:18:24 AM by cicerunner »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2023, 08:11:59 AM »
In the city of Carcassonne, you can only place your Abbot in the cathedral. [6][/i]

This is not good and correct. Because when you will bread it, it means, that in to Cathedral can be placed only Abbot. Which is not correct. Because in Cathedral can be placed also any other meeple, which can be placed on Monastery.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2023, 11:48:16 AM »
https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Count,_King_and_Robber#General_info_and_comments

This sentence:
This page contains all the information for this major expansion but the River II, that is described on a separate page dedicated to the New Edition River expansions.

Could perhaps be better as:
This page contains all the information for this major expansion except the River II, which is described on the separate River page.
(where the underlining indicates a hyperlink to that page - https://wikicarpedia.com/car/River)

Thanks for the suggestion. I extended the text based on your suggestion a bit:

This page contains all the information for this major expansion except the River II, which is described on the separate River page along with other river expansions.

What do you think?
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2023, 12:10:11 PM »
Requested updates included as follows:

To use this option when you complete multiple features at the same time, you must not gain points for any of them. You may place a maximum of one meeple in the city of Carcassonne per turn. [5]

In the city of Carcassonne, your Abbot can only be placed in the cathedral. [6]

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2023, 01:11:01 PM »
In the city of Carcassonne, your Abbot can only be placed in the cathedral. [6]
[/quote]
Ok, this is good.

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2023, 05:27:40 AM »
Re, "What do you think?"
Yes, all the updates look good to me as implemented. :)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2023, 03:17:12 PM »
Thanks!  ^-^

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2023, 01:31:21 AM »
Ok. I found possible 2 "logical" bugs in Expansion Selector.

1st situation:
We are playing Base game with Under the Big Top (Exp 10), but only Ringmaster. So we are playing all tiles from base game, and all tiles from Expansion 10.
So when I score Feature with Ringmaster, then I have to score also 2 points per Acrobat space and per Circus space.

But if I don't have checked Circus or Acrobats space in expansion selector, I will not have rules for scoring Ringmaster in Game references page.

I think it's wrong, because if I checked Circus means, that I have a circus game mechanics in a game. The same for Acrobats.

2nd situation:
Opposite situation is, in Expansion 11. I can play tiles, but none of Cemetery, Ghosts, Guard meeplese. But there is a mist. How to handle this?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2023, 08:46:45 AM »

1st situation:
We are playing Base game with Under the Big Top (Exp 10), but only Ringmaster. So we are playing all tiles from base game, and all tiles from Expansion 10.
So when I score Feature with Ringmaster, then I have to score also 2 points per Acrobat space and per Circus space.

But if I don't have checked Circus or Acrobats space in expansion selector, I will not have rules for scoring Ringmaster in Game references page.

I think it's wrong, because if I checked Circus means, that I have a circus game mechanics in a game. The same for Acrobats.

This extra condition was added on purpose, assuming that no acrobats/circus meant no acrobat/circus spaces either. I could relax this constraint... Not an issue.

2nd situation:
Opposite situation is, in Expansion 11. I can play tiles, but none of Cemetery, Ghosts, Guard meeplese. But there is a mist. How to handle this?

For the logic, ghosts and mist go together. If no ghosts, no mist.

Do you prefer a separate option for mist? 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 03:50:19 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #249 on: December 02, 2023, 09:52:30 AM »

1st situation:

This extra condition was added on purpose, assuming that no acrobats/circus meant no acrobat/circus spaces either. I could relax this constraint... Not an issue.
This is important for me, because in JCZ you can play Ringmaster, but not play Circus and Acrobats. Then Ringmaster is still getting 2 points, because tiles are playing.

2nd situation:

Yes, it will be fine. I know also situation which I will handle with this possibility.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2023, 01:39:56 PM »
Update of Order of play need to be updated in step 1B.
If you chose to draw extra tiles for your fortune teller(s), you must choose a valid tile from the ones left, if any. Discard and re-shuffle the rest.
it will be good to rewrite to something like
If you chosen to draw extra tiles for your fortune teller(s) in first part of double turn, you must choose a valid tile from the ones left, if any. Discard and re-shuffle the rest.

This will be more clear for players.

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2023, 03:39:48 PM »
Update of Order of play need to be updated in step 1B.
If you chosen to draw extra tiles for your fortune teller(s) in first part of double turn, you must choose a valid tile from the ones left, if any. Discard and re-shuffle the rest.

If you have chosen ... in the first part of a double ...
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2023, 11:50:50 AM »
Update applied!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2023, 03:02:27 PM »

1st situation:

This is important for me, because in JCZ you can play Ringmaster, but not play Circus and Acrobats. Then Ringmaster is still getting 2 points, because tiles are playing.

2nd situation:

Yes, it will be fine. I know also situation which I will handle with this possibility.

Updated the Ringmaster. Now it dos not require checking Acrobats and/or the Circus in the selector.

I left Exp. 11 unchanged: The Mist is used by Ghosts and Haunted Castles. Why would you need to include it in the selector? It doesn't score points for itself. If you select Ghosts, it assumes the Mist is present in order to activate their placement. Similar case for Haunted Castles in order to score points... If Mist would be the only item selected in Exp. 11, it would have no effect.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2023, 06:52:34 AM »
Thanks for change.

I left Exp. 11 unchanged: The Mist is used by Ghosts and Haunted Castles. Why would you need to include it in the selector? It doesn't score points for itself. If you select Ghosts, it assumes the Mist is present in order to activate their placement. Similar case for Haunted Castles in order to score points... If Mist would be the only item selected in Exp. 11, it would have no effect.

Yes, please add it. I will be needed by Obelisk Fan Expansion. And I'm thinking also for Vistas.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
WikiCarpedia or Wikicarpedia?

Started by NGC 54

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2023, 04:34:20 AM
by Decar
xx
Megacarc suggestions?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

3 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 08:48:29 PM
by Dragonlord
xx
A few suggestions for JCloister

Started by mike_bike_kite

16 Replies
Last post February 11, 2015, 12:29:38 PM
by mike_bike_kite
xx
suggestions pack

Started by forumisto

2 Replies
Last post January 28, 2016, 01:06:07 PM
by farin
xx
Traveling to GERMANY-ITALY-BELGIUM-AUSTRIA this spring. Looking for Suggestions.

Started by Bixby

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 08:01:44 PM
by Big Guy