Author Topic: Additional meeples for multiple basegames  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Klink010

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
Additional meeples for multiple basegames
« on: January 21, 2020, 01:10:02 AM »
Hi everyone,

I wanted to know how many meeples you normally add when just adding basegames.
Last time we played a big game with multiple expansions, so there were a few extra wooden figures and we had the Tower to retrieve a few meeples, but I can imagine having a shortage of meeple when playing without retrieval opportunities like the Tower, Catapult, Princess or Dragon.
Since I still like a big game of Carcassonne, but don't want it to be too overwhelming for new players, I thought about just playing with multiple basegames (I have 5, but want to keep at least 1 separate to not have any sorting issues).

Additionally I was thinking about starting with a Mega-River (River 1 CIIx3, River 3 CIx1, River 2 CIIx1 CIx2), but maybe having a marked set of meeple only to be used during the river phase (since you wouldn't be claiming too many features otherwise or would have too many meeple afterwards when adding just additional figures)

Any thoughts?
I was thinking 2 or 3 meeple per additional basegame (still only one Abott) and one set (7/8 meeple) for a big '7-river phase'

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4478.0

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Additional meeples for multiple basegames
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 03:30:47 PM »
I had planned a game with two base games in next family gathering... I was planning to try it with the 8 regular meeples + Phantom + Large meeple + Abbot. I will also add the River or River II.

Instead of the Abbot and the Large Meeple, and option would be to use two additional regular meeples.

Hope to have something to report about the experience...   
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Klink010

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Additional meeples for multiple basegames
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 01:04:56 PM »
In the end we played a 7 rivers 1V1 game (if a river tile wouldn't fit, we'd put it back in the tile bag after the river progressed, added a river ending after each river split we drew), Count and 2 basegames, 8 standard meeples, 1 abbot + 1 abbot as score tracker, the count wasn't really used, since most claimed structures were too big for finishing for the opponent. Scores: 233 VS 359, the lack of meeple really bothered my opponent, since I'm fairly well known with the basegame tiles and managed to trap his meeple quite a few times.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:09:14 PM by Klink010, Reason: clarification river tile »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTS Dutch C1 basegames and expansions

Started by The-Edge

7 Replies
Last post December 16, 2022, 02:15:48 AM
by barth
smiley
WTS multiple C1 expansions and some meeples and accessories

Started by corinthiens13

11 Replies
Last post December 06, 2021, 01:38:55 AM
by corinthiens13
clip
Ideas for additional levels for Mists over Carcassonne

Started by Buselaar

6 Replies
Last post April 05, 2023, 11:28:54 PM
by Challa007
clip
Markets of Leipzig - Multiple roads completed

Started by Meepledrone

20 Replies
Last post January 30, 2022, 03:37:12 AM
by Meepledrone
question
[SOLVED] Roads with multiple branches: how to count the points?

Started by Matsya

6 Replies
Last post May 18, 2017, 10:17:27 AM
by Halfling