Author Topic: Where to find it...  (Read 149095 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Where to find it...
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2017, 04:39:39 AM »
Unfortunately a lot of Germans on Ebay, including this guy, want to do a bank transfer instead of Paypal.  I am not sure how to go about doing that so I won't bother.

This is usually the case, and it can be quite expensive (from the UK at least) to do a direct transfer internationally. My bank charges me around £10 per transaction, hence why I've only ever done this for stuff I was really desperate for.

In many cases, if you ask the seller directly, they might accept payment via PayPal if you point out the extra expense of a direct transfer. This has worked for me with several sales. In some cases they might be unhappy about the PayPal fee, but if you offer to pay that on top of the sale price then you're a few Euros out of pocket but have saved yourself potentially a lot more...

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2017, 04:46:53 AM »
Oeh, that is unfortunate yeah. Ive got a euro bank account so i dont look at the payment options, as i can make bank transfers if they want.
I do think that it's more likely to find stuff like this on the german ebay, thats why i keep searching there. Hopefully some other forum members have luck with these, so my posting them here is not for nothing  :)
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2017, 04:53:16 AM »
It is bad enough that I would have to talk him into international shipping.  Asking him to change his preferred payment method after that unsure of if I would even win is a bridge to far.   

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Offline Khonnor

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
    • ~ add me on Facebook ~
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2017, 05:05:03 AM »
I have to say I no longer accept Paypal payments either and only ask for bank transfer or cash with local pick up.

After several times, people claiming they didn't receive the items, even if I could prove with tracking they did receive it and ebay/paypal siding with the buyer, I gave up. If someone doesn't know how to do a bank transfer or if they get charged a fee for that (not all bank transfers have a fee) I'm fine with waiting for the buyer that doesn't mind doing a bank transfer or, if required by his bank, paying a fee.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2017, 05:29:34 AM »
It's typical for UK Banks to charge a minimum of £10-20 for a bank transfer to a European bank.  HSBC is an exception, they sometimes waive the fee due to rubbish rates, or sometimes charge £3.

Offline cletus81

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
  • updated profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2017, 07:24:09 AM »
This is usually the case, and it can be quite expensive (from the UK at least) to do a direct transfer internationally. My bank charges me around £10 per transaction, hence why I've only ever done this for stuff I was really desperate for.

£10 per transaction?!  :o That's a shame, UK is still a SEPA country!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2017, 07:42:55 AM »
True, but they dont use the Iban system that many eu countries use now. So usually both uk and eu (dutch/german banks) charge for it, so making a transfer between them is a pain in the...
Thats why im now transferring money between my accounts via PayPal, that is much cheaper.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2017, 07:55:44 AM »
I bank with Lloyds and it’s always been at least £10. I don’t know how much of this is a genuine cost and how much is a punishment for doing something so outrageous as transferring my own money overseas, but for small items it can easily become 40 – 50% of the overall cost.

I haven’t bought anything through eBay.de for a while, but if I was looking to buy something from someone who wouldn’t accept PayPal I’d probably try to seek out someone here with a German bank account who could pay them for me, and who would allow me to pay them back via PayPal (as a friend of course, and maybe a few Euros extra for their trouble).

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2017, 01:47:31 AM »
Having a german bank account and a paypal which I use from time to time, if you have small transactions to do on Ebay.de or others, let me know we can arrange something :)

totor66
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline cletus81

• Freeman
  • updated profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2017, 06:54:54 AM »
I bank with Lloyds and it’s always been at least £10. I don’t know how much of this is a genuine cost and how much is a punishment for doing something so outrageous as transferring my own money overseas, but for small items it can easily become 40 – 50% of the overall cost.

I have just realized that the benefits of SEPA from non Euro countries (like UK) work only for Euro currency payments. This means that if you keep some of the money on your bank account in Euro currency, bank transfers should be less expensive. If you plan to do more transaction with Euro countries you should consider the option of a multicurrency bank account.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2017, 12:27:43 PM »
Having a german bank account and a paypal which I use from time to time, if you have small transactions to do on Ebay.de or others, let me know we can arrange something :)

Thanks! That's very helpful of you! :) :(y)

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2017, 05:22:57 AM »
Attention please:

The windroses at spielematerial.de are not anymore the 2012 cundco version.

It is the  2013 spielbox version with 2 letters !

They have now changed their product desciption as you can see here:

https://www.spielematerial.de/en/spezielles/carcassonne/original-carcassonne-tiles.html

PS:
Probably you can find the old winroses I here:
https://capito-shop.de/carcassonne-die-windrosen-mini-erw.html
Update: It is also the  2013 spielbox version with 2 letters ! (confirmed via e-mail + changed product picture)

Greetings,
BigBoss

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:22:32 PM by BigBoss »
I'm looking for:
● Carcassonne shopdisplays (esp.dicegame.+ Minis ger.)
● Carcassonne Στα Κάστρα του Μυστρά (2002) Greek first edition
● Carcassonne - chinese Sur knight kings editions
● ETCOC / WTCOC 2020 commemorative tiles
& more -> https://ibb.co/cCcm4SB

Offline cletus81

• Freeman
  • updated profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2017, 11:30:51 PM »
Tip for the Cult, Siege& Creativity expansion that is for sale on german ebay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Carcassonne-Mini-Erweiterung-Cult-Siege-Creativity-RAR-/272569190422?hash=item3f7663c816:g:0H4AAOSwCU1YseOE
For a good price i'd say :)

Just for the sake of curiosity, is the winner of this auction someone from Carcassonne Central? 'cause, for 27 cent I am the unlucky second bidder!  :'(

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2017, 02:11:03 AM »
I was watching it to, and saw the price shoot up in the last few minutes (as usual on ebay auctions like this). I do wonder/hope someone from CC is the lucky winner!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2017, 11:47:04 AM »
I was going through some second hand site today, and found a few things that might be interesting for some:
Mueller special edition complete
same, but a bit cheaper on a similar website from Austria
someone with a lot of different bits and expansions for different games
These will probably all want payment via bank transfer, as usual on these sites. If anyone needs help with that to prevent high transaction costs, Totor66 has offered to help, and I will be happy to help to. Ive got a dutch bank account as well as an english one and PayPal linked with both, so can help out with transfers to Iban bank accounts, like german and austrian ones

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
That feeling when you find the hard to find

Started by DaFees

4 Replies
Last post February 12, 2021, 02:34:06 AM
by Decar
xx
Thrifting and my first find of Carcassonne

Started by franks

6 Replies
Last post June 26, 2015, 11:51:12 PM
by franks
xx
what can I find at cundco stand in Essen?

Started by aenima

2 Replies
Last post September 29, 2022, 09:35:34 AM
by aenima
xx
Find a german friend

Started by jacky1st2016

4 Replies
Last post May 22, 2023, 06:29:12 AM
by jacky1st2016
xx
He who is valiant may find the holy grail in the Castle of Aaaargh..

Started by Valheru

1 Replies
Last post January 22, 2017, 10:43:14 AM
by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)