Author Topic: Carcassonne: Carc Central Edition?  (Read 14741 times)

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne: Carc Central Edition?
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2022, 02:01:32 PM »
How many finished tiles do we have at this point, counting my meepletile?

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2022, 05:53:09 AM »
So after a little break I post another tile from my assigned list. I have also decided to take on 3 extra tiles to move things along, since I have several interesting ideas. I take rrrr, cfrr and crrf tiles. Here is the updated list of assigned and remaining tiles. Please feel free to post here which tile(s) you would like to produce for this community project.

Now, there are 27/72 tiles accounted for:
crfr (1/4)
frfr (2/8)
ffff (3/4)
ccff-S (1/2)
ccff-J+ (2/2)
ccff-J (1/3)
crrr (1/3)
ccrr (0/3)
ccrr+ (1/2)
cfff (1/5)
cfrr (2/3)
ffrr (3/9)
fffr (1/2)
cfcf-S (1/3)
crrf (2/3)
cccc+ (1/1)
cccr (0/1)
cccr+ (1/2)
rrrr (1/1)
cfcf-J (0/1)
cfcf-J+ (0/2)
frrr (1/4)
cccf (0/3)
cccf+ (0/1)

And with that allow me to present my second tile (after the meepletile). I decided to incorporate my avatar picture into the artwork to make it seem as if it lays on the field. That is why I call this one collagetile.

PS: I will be making some houserules for these tiles as has been suggested in the opening post of this topic.

EDIT: Added kothmann's tile.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 03:16:04 PM by DIN0 »

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2022, 06:40:13 AM »
+1 merit from me for keeping this alive.

I’ll take a FRRR, please.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2022, 07:29:48 AM »
Yes! Sorry sorry sorry!

I've received tiles from Wolnic and from Linsux already, and let's get this project back up and running for the rest of the tiles!
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2022, 07:55:39 AM »
One tile per person I presume?  We all need to cajole our friends!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2022, 08:22:40 AM »
people can have more than 1 tile, so we don't have to force 72 people into joining in ;)

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2022, 09:35:48 AM »
Indeed. I only summarized the numbers of assigned tiles, but I believe Willem has the list of all of the users and which tiles they have. I would be interested in knowing how many of the assigned tiles have been completed?

I will post my third tile one week from now. It is quite special so prepare yourselves  ;)

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2022, 10:11:33 PM »

File attached 900x900 pixels and also linked from google drive.  I tried to keep it simple, using only red poppies hand-sketched in Notability on my iPad, plus a free and unrestricted download from kindpng.com, with everything else done using basic drawing elements in PowerPoint.  Comments or suggestions welcomed!

(EDIT:  Bigger bees.  Smaller bee tile here.)

House Rules:
  • Player may not deploy a thief to any road on the tile for fear of being stung by a bee.
  • Player may deploy a farmer in any field on the tile, with the usual restrictions.  At final scoring, a farmer on this tile scores +1 for each completed city, regardless of who scores the farm points for having majority control of the field.  Everyone loves honey!

people can have more than 1 tile, so we don't have to force 72 people into joining in ;)
I have a couple more ideas  >:D, but I'm also totally okay if you don't use whatever I end up making.  I'll wait to claim the other tiles until I actually do the "art", but they will definitely be just road and field tiles. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 04:38:23 AM by kothmann, Reason: Clarify rules; Bigger Bees »

Online Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2022, 12:29:48 AM »

File attached 700x700 pixels and also linked from google drive.  I tried to keep it simple, using only red poppies hand-sketched in Notability on my iPad, plus a free and unrestricted download from kindpng.com, with everything else done using basic drawing elements in PowerPoint.  Comments or suggestions welcomed!

House Rules:
  • Player may not deploy a thief to any road on the tile for fear of being stung by the bee.
  • Player may deploy a farmer in any field on the tile, with the usual restrictions.  At final scoring, a farmer on this tile scores +1 for each completed city, regardless of majority control of the field for farm points.  Everyone loves honey!

I have a couple more ideas  >:D, but I'm also totally okay if you don't use whatever I end up making.  I'll wait to claim the other tiles until I actually do the "art", but they will definitely be just road and field tiles.
Nice tile @kothmann!

And I need to stop postponing with all my projects, your tile looks smiliar to one of mine from and unannounced yet big fan expansions, it will have wild flowers, there will be 4 different types of flowers, tokens for players, and similiary they will give +2 for farmers, even without majority + mechanic for other features that I will explain in separate topic.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 02:28:30 AM by Snearone »
Completed: Robber's Son | Gambler's Luck | Vistas Revisited | First Wells | The Flying Machines 2
WIP: The Occult Tower | Binding Deed | Wandering Preachers | City Gates Rebuilt | New King's Orders

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2022, 12:55:41 AM »
Nice one kothmann!

I am slightly confused at "in addition to, or instead of,", when would the "instead of" case come into play?

The only suggestion I can think of is maybe making the bees bigger? On a printed tile, they will probably be tiny.

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2022, 03:42:07 AM »
I am slightly confused at "in addition to, or instead of,", when would the "instead of" case come into play?
If the player does not score farm points because they do not have majority control, they still get the beekeeper points.  I had initially written “…regardless of farmer majority” but thought it wasn’t clear.   :-[

I’m open to suggestions for how to say this clearly and concisely.

The only suggestion I can think of is maybe making the bees bigger? On a printed tile, they will probably be tiny.
Thanks.  I guess since you can’t use the the same scale as the pigs on two of the FRRR tiles, inevitably the bees will be huge, so you may as well just make them clearly visible.

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2022, 04:01:31 AM »
I think the original wording was much clearer  :(y)

I also had an idea we can all discuss. Currently, only 1 out of 4 crfr tiles is taken. Obviously one of the remaining 3 will have to be starting tile, so why not make it extra special and thematic? Here is my proposal:
Reserve one of the crfr tiles as a starting tile and make it a mosaic made out of Carcassonne-related photos contributed by the members of the CarcassonneCentral. That way, even those who did not wish to make their own artwork for indivisual tiles can contribute to CarcCentral edition. Additionally whenever we finally come around to making the physical copies, our artwork will inevitably be printed onto blank tiles which all have standard backs. I would suggest taking the starting tiles to some event and have KJW sign the back of them - this will make it easy to differentite the starting tile and it will bring extra flavor to the CarcCentral edition.

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2022, 04:05:27 AM »
And I need to stop postponing with all my projects, your tile looks smiliar to one of mine from and unannounced yet big fan expansions, it will have wild flowers, there will be 4 different types of flowers, tokens for players, and similiary they will give +2 for farmers, even without majority + mechanic for other features that I will explain in separate topic.

This sounds great!  Love the sample tile,

I bought these tokens a while ago and did lots of experiments with deploying them to tiles, instead of making new flower tiles.  But nothing resulted in a compelling addition.

I’ll be eager to see what you’ve come up with!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 04:15:48 AM by kothmann, Reason: fixed broken image link »

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2022, 10:47:17 AM »
As promised I release the last one of the first batch of my tiles for the Carc Central edition project.

I have a very important question for all of you: "Do microbes play Carcassonne? ???"...
The answer is yes! Of course they do  ;D

Allow me to present my masterpiece - the microbe tile  8) The unassuming crrr tile takes this new luminous form of glowing goodness. But looks are decieving... this tile was not made using paint nor any digital means. I painted this tile using bacteria producing red and green fluorescent proteins  :green-meeple:  :red-meeple: After a couple of days of growth and a little excition from an ultraviolet (UV) source, the tile literally lighted up in my hands  :D

This has been my most thought out tile yet and I hope you will like it, as much as I had fun designing it.
Tile is in the attachment. I also include the picture of fluorescent bacterial cultures I made the tile from.

PS: If you're interested in the technique, it's called microbial art.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 01:42:33 PM by DIN0 »

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2022, 02:08:36 PM »
Allow me to present my masterpiece…
Indeed!  +1 merit from me.  House rules?

Also I somehow missed your amazing meeple tile!  Love that one, too.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB: Das Fest/The Festival, Carc 2.0 edition

Started by GinCarc

2 Replies
Last post January 31, 2017, 09:34:53 PM
by GinCarc
xx
Carcassonne first edition?? Is it first edition?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

10 Replies
Last post May 28, 2016, 01:07:24 PM
by Halfling
xx
WTB: Carcassonne Limited Edition and Limited Edition Die Märkte zu Leipzig

Started by Frans0

0 Replies
Last post February 12, 2022, 09:13:14 AM
by Frans0
xx
6th expansion Count, King and Robber (German edition) for new edition is on sale

Started by ozgurceylan

24 Replies
Last post July 17, 2017, 08:27:58 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
I finally completed my Carc collection!

Started by gabrielgeek

36 Replies
Last post February 21, 2017, 11:59:06 AM
by Willem