Author Topic: 2021 Basegame round 4  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
2021 Basegame round 4
« on: March 25, 2021, 04:24:27 PM »
Round 4 of the 2021 Basegame Double League
For the rules and scoring submittings please take a look back at: League rules.

Make sure to have either BGA or JCloisterZone version 4.6.1.7 ready.

The fourth round will be for:
BonusDucksvsDecar
DavidevsNy1050220
CicirunnervsBumsakalaka
DanisthirtyvsThodekey
AllograftvsSnearone
SinscerlyvsLeven

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5142.0
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 07:32:01 AM by Sinscerly »
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Basegame round 4
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 04:24:34 PM »
reserverd

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »
Snearone and I tried to play round 4 today, and given a preference for JCZ, we spent an hour trying to get it set up on my Mac running 11.2.3. We uninstalled java, reinstalled java developer kit 15.0.2, and did all kinds of circles. Java showed successfully installed in the terminal, and I ran the 4.6.1.7 jar file from an unzipped folder, but it wouldn't do anything after clicking start, sadly.

We might try again...reticent to resort to BGA given a preference for JCZ. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »
Yesterday I've played my two matches against Leven, gentleman's and ladies watch out for that man.  :))

The first round I was fighting to get ahold of stuff and was blocked off some meeples. Apparently I did not learned so much from my match against Decar, as I got blocked off again :(
In the end it was so bad that I had no more meeples to get unto a real fight. Well done Leven, it was a good match and you earned that one  :(y)

107 points for you and 77 for me

The second match went a lot better for me, in the begin Leven placed a cloister (next to the start tile) and didn't tried to complete it as he was on some other projects busy and got a cloister sort of blocked and a city (where I scarified my cloister with meeple) to let it wait there and never return (7 tiles around) waiting to Leven would finish it but didn't. So I finally learned some things about blocking from the previous match with Decar and it worked out this match somehow.  >:D >:D >:D I was somewhere in the middle of the game and busy with a big, big big city. Almost finished only one tile left and the Leven connects it to his one city tile thingy to enter my city. I was like that will not happen and got another small city tile waiting outside that city hub to enter it and claim it back as mine. Sadly I couldn't get the right pieces to connect and end, but Leven tried the same, he was able to connect it with the last fitting piece but let us wait in solidarity outside the big city walls to never enter the city again.  :-\  ??? I still don't get it, but it shall have something to do with points or something or any strategic genius master plan.
Although I had more meeples free and a lot of small city tiles drawn, I got lucky with some small cities to finish while Leven tried somethings to block it and I got all the good tiles to finish them I managed to score some big points on that and acquired a smallish farm (the biggest of our game) of 4 (was it 4 or 5 ???, well doesn't matter) cities. Next to the border of that I used 3 the same cities for another farm which I place brilliantly I think. Although I lost that biggest farm to Leven who got in the last turn the ffrr tile to get a second meeple on that field.
Man that was a good game I really thought to lose in the start, middle and in the end I switched from thoughts and believed I could win it O0 and I did.
I got a 86 points out of it and Leven 78. A small different, but I'm happy and what a good game it was :)

Thanks for the games Leven, it was great to play against you and learning from your playing style which is quite different from mine  :))

This ends for a 1 vs 1 win for me against Leven

ps. I forgot to take a screenshot of the field sorry  :-X is there anyway to see them back? couldn't find them

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 06:15:26 AM »
ps. I forgot to take a screenshot of the field sorry  :-X is there anyway to see them back? couldn't find them

I have them, here they are.
(These are post-finalscoring screenshots so trapped meeples cannot be seen there.)

First game:

Second game:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 06:17:17 AM by Leven »

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 10:36:00 AM »
gladly they aren't visible any more  O0

Offline Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 03:40:24 AM »
Allograft (80) vs Snearone (104)
At the beginning of our first game Allograft got quick 4 points closing a small city, I got a FFFF cloister as my first tile, a moment later another RFFF cloister, Allograft called me king of the cloisters at that time, he didn't know yet how the RNG of the game in this respect would benefit me later on when I could fill the hole with another RFFF cloister to get a quick 9 points. While Allograft was closing small towns I could only surround my cloisters with roads.
The battle began for the ever-growing city in which I managed to take control.
Allograft on the other hand took control of the longest road.
We held off on occupying the fields until the very end of the game, Allograft occupied one with four completed cities which I already had my eye on, so I took a risk and, extending my road, occupied only two city field, which I later expandend adding another three towns thanks to the cloister which I could not occupy due to lack of followers, and in very next move thanks to the road

Snearone (126) vs Allograft (62)
During our second game there was another battle for a large city, in which I had the upper hand from the start and fended off my opponent's attacks until I finally managed to close it down.
The second large city, however, was taken by Allograft, but could not be completed.
Once again Allograft occupied the main field, but very quickly I was able to join my follower to it, and even more quickly a second one to take over and enlarge it.

Thanks for the games Allograft  :(y)

gladly they aren't visible any more  O0

You can always take a screenshot just before the last tile is placed and then paste it over ;)
Completed: Robber's Son | Gambler's Luck | Vistas Revisited | First Wells | The Flying Machines 2
WIP: The Occult Tower | Binding Deed | Wandering Preachers | City Gates Rebuilt | New King's Orders

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 10:24:11 AM »
Indeed, Snearone was quite fierce. Without even noticing...he is able to adeptly craft situations to overwhelm and take over large features. Very skillful indeed. Very skillful. -  :pink-meeple:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2021 Basegame round 5

Started by Sinscerly

9 Replies
Last post September 07, 2021, 11:12:53 AM
by Allograft
xx
2021 Basegame round 7

Started by Sinscerly

3 Replies
Last post September 07, 2021, 05:42:42 PM