Author Topic: Solo version of Carcassonne (without meeples)  (Read 690 times)

Offline BBG

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Solo version of Carcassonne (without meeples)
« on: June 14, 2023, 04:09:11 PM »
I was extremely bored AND didn't want to interact with other people (not even online) so I "Invented" a solo version to be able to play Carcassonne on my own whenever I want. I'm using quotes because I'm pretty sure something like this has already been done by someone else, so please, if you see something similar to a pre-existing mode, just let me know so I can give credits: I don't want to steal ideas from no one: I'm just too lazy these days to properly check the catalogue.

Preparation
Get a base version of the game, preferably C1 to keep things simple but it's not really important. Remove the start tile (the one with the different background), shuffle all the others and create 5 decks of 14 tiles each (face down). The remaining one is the starting tile for the game and is to be placed face up on the table. No meeple required.

Gameplay
Draw a tile and place it following the normal rules, trying to complete cities, roads and monasteries. You can't draw from the same deck twice in a row.
If you can't place a tile, it's discarded and removed from the game.

Objective
The goal of the game is to make a perfect 7x7 square of tiles, and score as many points as possible by doing so.
The starting tile doesn't have to be in the middle, the square can be formed around it in any way.

End of Game
The game ends once a perfect 7x7 square of tiles has been formed OR when the player discards their third unusable tile.

Final Score
At the end of the game, every road, city or monastery on the map gives points, according to the normal rules, regardless if they've been closed or left open (the border of the square don't automatically close features).
If a perfect square with no holes has been made, the score is multiplied by 10% (rounded).
If a perfect square has not been made (there are holes in it) the score is decreased by 10% (rounded).

And that's all.

Here's an example.

The starting tile was the one marked with the blue X and I didn't manage to complete the square (three discarded tiles, the ones on the right).
38 points for roads, 69 for cities, 15 for monasteries. A total of 122 decreased by 12,2 so 110,2 for a final score of 110.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6390.0

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile

Offline BBG

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Solo version of Carcassonne (without meeples)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 01:29:36 AM »
Interesting, thank you for the link

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Carcassonne without meeples

Started by Meepledrone

27 Replies
Last post April 12, 2022, 08:04:57 AM
by Decar
xx
Inns and cathedrals tile - old art - without the meeples watermark

Started by Halfling

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2020, 03:20:39 AM
by Halfling
question
Carcassonne without the Basic Game?

Started by JGreystone

16 Replies
Last post August 06, 2017, 03:35:23 PM
by wolnic
clip
Tips on how to organize mini expansions without a box?

Started by ac1982

17 Replies
Last post April 02, 2022, 04:42:05 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Inns and Cathedrals without watermark?

Started by Rosco

7 Replies
Last post September 02, 2014, 06:18:51 PM
by Carcking