Author Topic: My collection April 13th, 2014  (Read 16821 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
My collection April 13th, 2014
« on: April 13, 2014, 06:48:16 AM »
Our megaCarc was postponed this weekend to next week. Thought I take the opportunity to show collection photos.

All the tokens, followers etc with a few collectible stuff:

http://sydby.com/carcassonne/screenshots/collection/20140413__IMG_5400__2000.jpg

Everything we need if we are playing six player megaCarc using every expansions we have fits in these four boxes:

http://sydby.com/carcassonne/screenshots/collection/20140413__IMG_5404__2000.jpg

Game tiles. Everything below the white line are starter tiles and the River I and II etc:

http://sydby.com/carcassonne/screenshots/collection/20140413__IMG_5407__2000.jpg

Turns out it was not 600 tiles I had after all (another post), but 551 doing a quick count! Oopsie.

:meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=701.0
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
Re: My collection April 13th, 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:12:08 AM »
Do you use any of the fan expansions?  And how many of each expansion do you use for mega carc
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:23:28 AM »
Do you use any of the fan expansions?  And how many of each expansion do you use for mega carc

No fan expansion. There's much to grasp as it is without them we just don't have the time.  :)
  But I have gone thru fanmade variants which we may include one or two some day in the future.

As for the duplicates, we often use all the tiles for the expansions we use, like copies of Traders and Builders. But we also remove most of the basic tiles that are duplicates in regards as they already exist in the expansions. Except for roads. We like road tiles.  ^-^

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:59:23 PM »
Nice yellow! Looks awesome.
Dooyou have a picture of a finished all tiles game ?

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:22:24 PM »
Wow!

How long does it take to play a game with that many tiles?  How many games per week/month can you get in?   ;)  Seriously, with 210 tiles, it takes us 2 - 2.5 hours per game for two people.....

I see you the the Wind Roses and Rivers I and II.  How do you integrate them?  Can you describe how you start a game?
Robert Fielder
Brampton, Ontario, Canada  EST

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 10:24:06 PM »
Wow!

How long does it take to play a game with that many tiles?  How many games per week/month can you get in?   ;)  Seriously, with 210 tiles, it takes us 2 - 2.5 hours per game for two people.....

I see you the the Wind Roses and Rivers I and II.  How do you integrate them?  Can you describe how you start a game?

Sounds about right.  ^-^ Last we played we used about 300 tiles at 4 hours.

As for the Windrosen, not sure yet. Still trying to understand the rules. With the starter tile just being the windrosen basically means any other (windrosen) tile save the other four directions tile I draw, anywhere I put it, I score 3 points?

The Wheel of Fortune and the City of Carcassonne tiles fit perfectly, one on top another, that's always something.

EDIT: Understand the windrosen rules now. I am so slow with Carcassonne rules these days.  O:-)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:36:31 PM by Yellow »

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 06:02:27 AM »
As for the Windrosen, not sure yet. Still trying to understand the rules. With the starter tile just being the windrosen basically means any other (windrosen) tile save the other four directions tile I draw, anywhere I put it, I score 3 points?
Correct.

When playing with the Windrosen, the starting tile for the game is supposed to be the orange wind rose tile.  This sets where N, S, E, and W are.  When you place a windrosen tile in the quadrant that matches the orientation of the starting tile, you score three point immediately, even before a fairy point.

There is a tile with a blue compass rose - referred to as the bluewind rose tile in the rules - that shows a full compass rose.  It can be played anywhere.  Once played, the quadrants follow it's orientation - it overrides the starting tile.

However, the starting tile has road and a city segments, so that does not fit well with River I or II.

We played with the Windrosen last night for the first time.  What we did was use the blue tile as the starting tile - it has one road segment and two green sides, so we set the first tile of the River II against a green side and went from there.  Worked well!

This has to be considered a "house rule", since it varies from the printed rules for the Winrosen expansion.  It is unfortunate that no thought seems to have been given to how the expansion works with other expansions.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 12:20:24 AM »
Nice yellow! Looks awesome.
Dooyou have a picture of a finished all tiles game ?

Here are those that I posted in this forum:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=421.0
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=445.0
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=626.0

Future games will have much better image quality now that I have access to a real digital camera.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 08:05:58 AM »
I wonder Yellow,

You have like 4 times traders and builders..

How do you distribute your points on that at the end of a mega game?

still 10 who holds the most of them?

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 09:16:57 AM »
I wonder Yellow,

You have like 4 times traders and builders..

How do you distribute your points on that at the end of a mega game?

still 10 who holds the most of them?

3 copies of Traders and Builders and yes just 10 points for those who hold the most. Because it's easier to get a token with more of them in play we felt more points would just make it imbalanced.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Carcassonne tile backs changing (APRIL APRIL)

Started by Meepledrone

45 Replies
Last post April 03, 2021, 02:39:30 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
megaCarc April 19-21, 2014

Started by Paul

15 Replies
Last post April 20, 2014, 01:53:37 PM
by Paul
thumbup
Spielwarenmesse 2014 - International Toy Fair Nuremberg - 29.01.-03.02.2014