Author Topic: Problems with WICA  (Read 2484 times)

Offline SailingMeeple

• Freeman
  • Merit: 7
  • All Meeples on Deck!
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with WICA
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2024, 12:58:25 AM »
Yes! It worked. Thanks for the purge, Meepledrone. :D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2024, 07:55:41 AM »
So glad it worked. Thank you for the heads-up!
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline kheller2

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
  • Where do I set the timezone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2024, 09:06:44 AM »
All fixed for me too.  Tech is so much fun.  >:(

Online Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2024, 01:00:57 PM »
Working again. Cheers!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2024, 08:21:01 AM »
Glad it got sorted.
It's all trickier these days, with so many browsers and configurations to keep in mind.
Almost makes you want to go back to the days of just Internet Explorer (please don't; it was horrible hahahaha)
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2024, 12:28:16 AM »
It's all trickier these days, with so many browsers and configurations to keep in mind.

I'm just bare simple if it's working on Chrome / Safari / Firefox I do not look further. It's not worth the time it to investigate.
Steps. use private window (new cache for your computer, except if the problem is DNS...), check the results  O0 for each browsers above.

But for problems reach me in Discord for higher responses  8) or DM as I get a mail for that.
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline kheller2

• Labourer
  • Where do I set the timezone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2024, 07:39:38 PM »
Glad it got sorted.
Almost makes you want to go back to the days of just Internet Explorer (please don't; it was horrible hahahaha)

Hah you mean Netscape or NCSA Mosaic.  When MS coded their own browser (vs skinning MOSAIC) to take on Netscape that’s when HTML went to hell. We won’t talk about AOL’s walled off internet and their browser. 

There has never been “ just Internet Exploiter”.  8)

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Merit: 0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2024, 11:51:56 AM »
GeeZus wikicarpedia page hasn't worked for weeks for me.>:( (I cleared cache on Firefox just now and still a fail.) How am I supposed to share the Carc goodness when the main reference page doesn't work? I'm amazed this has been blown off in this thread. Nobody new to Carcassonne is going to clear their cache and I'm not suggesting it especially since it doesn't work on FireFox. This is a massive problem unless the plan is to sunset this fantastic resource. To me the ability to combine many expansions and generate directions is a huge feature which I can't share right now.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2024, 12:45:45 PM »
GeeZus wikicarpedia page hasn't worked for weeks for me.>:( (I cleared cache on Firefox just now and still a fail.) How am I supposed to share the Carc goodness when the main reference page doesn't work? I'm amazed this has been blown off in this thread. Nobody new to Carcassonne is going to clear their cache and I'm not suggesting it especially since it doesn't work on FireFox. This is a massive problem unless the plan is to sunset this fantastic resource. To me the ability to combine many expansions and generate directions is a huge feature which I can't share right now.

This to place here exact copy from your address bar, with wikicarpedia link
Than we can try figured out what it an issue.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2024, 03:09:09 PM »
We purged the main page cache that was giving problems to some people, but nobody reported any issues since.

I use FireFox on my Mac to do all the editing. What issues are you experiencing? Blank page? Error message?

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2024, 04:00:51 AM »
We purged the main page cache that was giving problems to some people, but nobody reported any issues since.

I use FireFox on my Mac to do all the editing. What issues are you experiencing? Blank page? Error message?

I know, but if it is still not working for @Meles we need to figured how why. Because he may be not the only one with that problem.

Offline bramp

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2024, 09:30:27 AM »
Front page is blank for me, here is the output from curl: https://pastebin.com/TeTDtXaT

I've been noticing this on and off for the past month, and I just assumed the wiki/server/db was overloaded during "peak" times, and would fail fast.

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2024, 06:42:36 PM »

On my laptop via chrome clicking the link in your signature I get a blank page. Firefox is the same from the laptop. I turned off my virus checker and that did nothing. Microsoft Edge also brinks up a blank page. I'm on Windows 10.

My 13" 2016 ipad pro pulls it up on chrome no problem. :(y) But on Firefox it is blank. Safari is blank. When it works it updates the address too https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Main_Page. (Manually typing this in on my laptop did not help.)

My FireHD10 Tablet (older Android OS) which is hacked with the Google Play store (not hard to do) works via chrome. :(y) Firefox works. :(y) Amazon's Silk browser works.

My Android phone it works via chrome.  :(y)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2024, 06:07:54 AM »
It can be some PHP issue. Need to debug on server side. White screen of death usually PHP Fatal Error.

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2024, 07:10:42 AM »
It can be some PHP issue. Need to debug on server side. White screen of death usually PHP Fatal Error.
Let me know if you’re not able to reproduce the problem on some device. I’m often sharing my laptop screen on Discord so easy enough if you need me as a testing guinea pig.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Problems with postimg.org domain

Started by Just a Bill

12 Replies
Last post July 20, 2018, 09:06:50 PM
by Christianmocking
xx
Problems Using JCZ on Surface Pro

Started by ARabidMeerkat

3 Replies
Last post August 24, 2017, 10:39:50 AM