Author Topic: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXIX  (Read 43111 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXIX
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2019, 10:57:58 AM »
wow 291,6794 points!

I didn't think scoring this high was possible!!! ;D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »
Congratulations, Vital Plumbers!!! You are the winner of the Advent Calendar Quiz 2019.  ;D

I would also like to thank all the participants in que Quiz for the time invested in answering all que questions. I hope that everyone enjoyed it as much as I did running it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 02:57:38 PM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2019, 11:34:16 AM »
wow 291,6794 points!

I didn't think scoring this high was possible!!! ;D

Well, that amount is the total time elapsed in days since publication of each question and your reply...  ???

You got the snail prize!  ;D

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2019, 01:55:48 PM »
Congratulations to Vital Pluymers, the other participants, and to meepledrone for running this so efficiently.

I must admit if I'd taken a little more care, and looked more carefully at the actual tiles and figures in the images, before submitting my answers, I might have got a few more correct - I now see I missed a couple of halfling tiles filling a whole tile space, and know I nearly missed a hill and besiegers tile early on. According to my notes I thought I'd got the last question scored correctly, but maybe just added the numbers up wrongly!

Actually, I'm pleased with 5th, as I don't actually play with most of the expansions included in the questions! The wiki helped quite a bit, though!

Were there any common misconceptions about the scoring in any of the questions, meepledrone?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 02:16:21 PM by wolnic »
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Online oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 108
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2019, 03:14:20 PM »
Congratulations to the winner, it's a truly remarkable score.
Congratulations to Meepledrone for the hard work they did to entertain and amuse us for the holiday season.
Congratulations to all the participants who animated this quiz and made this competition come alive.
As for my own ridiculous result, it can only improve, and as a certain de Coubertin used to say "the main thing is to participate".

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2019, 03:34:16 PM »
Question #24: The Grinch completed the German castle with a circus space tile. So, in this case, you will have to score not only the German castle but also the big top. The token under the big top shows the number 4. The acrobats also want to be scored so the show is over after this.

How many points does each player score?

Answer #24:
* Yellow scores 32 points
* Red scores 10 points
* Blue scores 4 points

Here is an explanation of the various layers of scoring taking place in this scenario:

1. Scoring the German castle:

* Yellow scores 15 points (12 points for the German castle + 3 points for the fairy)

2. Scoring the Ringmaster points

* Yellow scores 8 points (3 adjacent circus tiles x 2 points + 1 adjacent acrobat space x 2 points)

3. Scoring the acrobats

* Red gets 5 points per acrobat (a normal meeple and a phantom), that is 10 points (2 meeples x 5 points)
* Yellow gets 5 points per acrobat (a phantom in this case), that is 5 points (1 meeple x 2 points.)

4. Scoring the big top

* Yellow's ringmaster and Blue's farmer get 4 points each for the big top. Note that other figures in adjacent tiles cannot get points for the big top: the witch, the fairy, or Blue's pig are not followers so they are not elegible for the big top scoring.

The bottomline:
* Yellow scores 32 points (15 points for the German castle and the fairy + 8 for the ringmaster bonus + 5 for the acrobat + 4 for the big top.)
* Red scores 10 points for the acrobats.
* Blue scores 4 points for the big top

Note: This scenario cannot happen at the end of the game as the Big Top has to move to the a new location with a new animal token underneath. If that tile is the last one in the game, the Big Top should be scored before the field with the blue farmer and the blue pig is scored.
Maybe you shouldn't say the last sentence 'The show is over after this' because the score doesn't reflect It.... If it's not over, then it's a little cheater don't you think? emoji code12]

Enviado desde mi XT1700 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 03:46:36 PM by Meepledrone »
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »
Question #24: The Grinch completed the German castle with a circus space tile. So, in this case, you will have to score not only the German castle but also the big top. The token under the big top shows the number 4. The acrobats also want to be scored so the show is over after this.

Answer #24:
* Red scores 10 points
* Blue scores 4 points

Here is an explanation of the various layers of scoring taking place in this scenario:

* Yellow scores 15 points (12 points for the German castle + 3 points for the fairy)

* Yellow scores 8 points (3 adjacent circus tiles x 2 points + 1 adjacent acrobat space x 2 points)

3. Scoring the acrobats

* Red gets 5 points per acrobat (a normal meeple and a phantom), that is 10 points (2 meeples x 5 points)
* Yellow gets 5 points per acrobat (a phantom in this case), that is 5 points (1 meeple x 2 points.)

4. Scoring the big top

* Yellow's ringmaster and Blue's farmer get 4 points each for the big top. Note that other figures in adjacent tiles cannot get points for the big top: the witch, the fairy, or Blue's pig are not followers so they are not elegible for the big top scoring.

The bottomline:
* Yellow scores 32 points (15 points for the German castle and the fairy + 8 for the ringmaster bonus + 5 for the acrobat + 4 for the big top.)

Note: This scenario cannot happen at the end of the game as the Big Top has to move to the a new location with a new animal token underneath. If that tile is the last one in the game, the Big Top should be scored before the field with the blue farmer and the blue pig is scored.
Maybe you shouldn't say the last sentence 'The show is over after this' because the score doesn't reflect It.... If it's not over, then it's a little cheater don't you think? emoji code12]

The show would be over for the acrobats: you score them and remove them. It was just a literary license so to speak. The game cannot be finished as the big top has to be moved to the newly placed tile... before the game ends with the final big top scoring before the scoring after the end takes place.

In any case, that's why I didn't take into account any references to the scoring of the blue farmer and the blue pig.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 03:46:55 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2019, 03:56:54 PM »

Answer #24:
* Red scores 10 points
* Blue scores 4 points

3. Scoring the acrobats

4. Scoring the big top

The bottomline:

The show would be over for the acrobats: you score them and remove them. It was just a literary license so to speak. The game cannot be finished as the big top has to be moved to the newly placed tile... before the game ends with the final big top scoring before the scoring after the end takes place.

In any case, that's why I didn't take into account any references to the scoring of the blue farmer and the blue pig.
If you are asking about only the picture the scoring would be the same (including farming)... The next movement of the Big top it's another thing...
The expresion I still thinking that is confusing emoji code23]

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2019, 12:01:57 AM »
Question #23: Danisthirty wanted to confer with the Yellow archbishop before Christmas, so here we are. By placing this last tile, the German cathedral will be completed. He wants to test you so please tell him the scoring for Yellow as soon as possible. Will you?

Answer #23: Yellow scores 26 points

The road network connected to the German cathedral contains a roundabout and several tunnels that connect the three road segments on the German cathedral. Analyzing the road network, we have to take into account the following elements:
- 7 road tiles
- 3 tunnel tiles that are considered only once for the road network
- 3 road segments on the German Cathedral counted independently
- 1 inn, so each tile and road segment on the German cathedral gets 2 points

So Yellow will score 26 points (10 tiles x 2 points + 3 road segments x 2 points)

I don't think that this is correct.
Roads leading to a German Cathedral and its road segments are worth three points each when there is an inn next to the road.
So total score should be 39 points.

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2019, 12:06:46 AM »
Really happy that I did well. I never even considered winning this quiz with so many experts on this forum. So, yes, I am a little proud!  8)

A big thank you to Meepledrone and his Council for all the work that's been put in!

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2019, 12:30:53 AM »
Question #23: Danisthirty wanted to confer with the Yellow archbishop before Christmas, so here we are. By placing this last tile, the German cathedral will be completed. He wants to test you so please tell him the scoring for Yellow as soon as possible. Will you?

The road network connected to the German cathedral contains a roundabout and several tunnels that connect the three road segments on the German cathedral. Analyzing the road network, we have to take into account the following elements:
- 7 road tiles

So Yellow will score 26 points (10 tiles x 2 points + 3 road segments x 2 points)

Roads leading to a German Cathedral and its road segments are worth three points each when there is an inn next to the road.
No. Only 2 points for tile (see WICA).

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2019, 12:38:08 AM »

- 7 road tiles

You're right. I was scoring the road instead of the cathedral. Stupid me!  ::)

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2019, 12:42:58 AM »

- 7 road tiles

No worries. I made some stupids mistakes for read WICA wrong or literally phantom parts... emoji code23]

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2019, 12:56:48 AM »

- 7 road tiles

No worries. I made some stupids mistakes for read WICA wrong or literally phantom parts... emoji code23]

I made three really stupid mistakes. It's not that I didn't know the correct rules, I was just not paying enough attention....

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2019, 01:23:18 AM »

- 7 road tiles

I made three really stupid mistakes. It's not that I didn't know the correct rules, I was just not paying enough attention....
Me too. In my case I know the rules but in some cases find in WICA something different that really doesn't exist.... Very weird emoji code23]

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz

Started by danisthirty

93 Replies
Last post February 06, 2016, 11:15:42 AM
by MrNumbers
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVII

Started by danisthirty

104 Replies
Last post February 17, 2018, 07:56:46 AM