Author Topic: Big Box 5 - A New Big Box in the Netherlands  (Read 68907 times)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Re: Big Box 5 - A New Big Box in the Netherlands
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2014, 02:47:44 PM »
Thanks kettlefish!

After verification, I gave specific codes and they sent the wrong tiles... so it's their mistake.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2014, 02:57:55 PM »
Hi Jerè,
could you please give an example what you like to have and what they have sent to you?

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2014, 01:14:09 AM »
Sure, I will send you more details in a PM.

Offline cidervampire

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »
Hi

I've already got the original 72 tile set of the Wheel of Fortune. I'd like to add the 12 tiles from the Wheel of Fortune from the Big Box to have an 84 tile watermarked set of Wheel of Fortune but I'm a bit confused with how the set works in the Big Box.

The base set in the Big Box only has 16 tiles with wheel numbers on compared to the 19 in the Wheel of Fortune boxed set. In the 12 tile Wheel of Fortune expansion in the Big Box there are another 3 numbered tiles bringing the total up to 19. If I simply add the 12 tiles to my Wheel of Fortune set then I'll have 22 numbered tiles instead of 19 and if I leave 3 numbered tiles out then I'll only have an 81 tile set rather than the 84 I wanted.

Does anyone know which tiles I'll be missing in order to complete an 84 tile watermarked set with the same configuration and the same numbers on the tiles as the Big Box 72 tiles+12 Wheel of Fortune tiles?

I know this sounds a bit OCD but it's bugging me!
Help!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »
It doesn't work like that with the BB5 version. The 12 tiles that are watermarked are those that vary from the tiles included in the original Carcassonne base game (i.e., the tiles from the Wheel of Fortune base game that did not match the tiles from the Carcassonne base game). In the Big Box, there are non-watermarked tiles with Wheel Numbers on them within the "base game" set. Players are told simply to ignore those tiles if not playing with Wheel of Fortune. Most of the numbered tiles, in fact, are not watermarked, while most of the 12 watermarked tiles are simply vanilla tiles.

Edit: To the best of my knowledge, between the "Wheel of Fortune expansion" tiles and the "base game" tiles in the Big Box, you should have 19 Wheel tiles.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:33:50 PM by whaleyland »

Offline Darwin

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2014, 04:24:18 PM »
If you want more Wheel of Fortune numbers on your tiles, just print these on transparent adhesive film and glue them to your chosen tiles. ;)

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2014, 10:16:25 PM »
If you want more Wheel of Fortune numbers on your tiles, just print these on transparent adhesive film and glue them to your chosen tiles. ;)
Does it work well shen shuffling or drawing from a bag?

Offline Darwin

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2014, 05:25:05 AM »
Does it work well shen shuffling or drawing from a bag?

No, I don't think it will work when you use a drawingbag. You will feel the film, no matter how thin it is. But if you draw from a tower it works perfect.
I have got a very thin film and have no problem with shuffling.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:28:52 AM by Darwin, Reason: Updated »

Offline cidervampire

• Vassal
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2014, 05:57:44 AM »
I'd never noticed that Wheel of fortune had different tiles to the base game, I just asumed they were the same. I guess the odd 12 tile expansion in Big Box 5 makes sense now

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2014, 01:59:21 AM »
Hi Jerè,
could you please give an example what you like to have and what they have sent to you?

I think we all are thinking the same tinghs...
is it possible to order separately new rivers tiles in this way?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2014, 02:04:47 AM »
Hi Jerè,

I would like to know too. Hills & Sheep is quickly climbing my list of favourite expansions and The River I with the new features is an essential element in this.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2014, 06:44:48 AM »

Hi Jéré,

I would like to know too. Hills & Sheep is quickly climbing my list of favourite expansions and The River I with the new features is an essential element in this.

I will let you know. So far, it's not looking good.

Offline Thjodbjorn

• Vagabond
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2014, 01:47:26 PM »
Hello! This is my first post here.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one with trouble fitting the scoring track in its place.

Also, something confuses me about the tile selection between this set and the standalone WoF. There are nine tiles from the vanilla Carcassonne that are not representated in WoF. This set instead uses 12. More tiles is probably better, probably.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
Also, something confuses me about the tile selection between this set and the standalone WoF. There are nine tiles from the vanilla Carcassonne that are not representated in WoF. This set instead uses 12. More tiles is probably better, probably.

I should just have this as a default cut-and-paste response at this point. I think I've answered the comment at least three times since someone answered it for me:

The version of Wheel of Fortune included in Big Box 5 is complete. The 12 tiles included as the "expansion" are the 12 tiles that differed from the titles included in the Carcassonne base game. Yes, 12 tiles were different between the Wheel of Fortune base game and the Carcassonne base game. That is why the 12 tiles do not all even have "wheel" icons on them. In the Big Box, there are tiles with "wheel" icons that do not have the expansion's watermark. The rules state in the tile summary that when playing with the base game and not the Wheel of Fortune expansion, ignore the "wheel" icons on the tiles. This was a method that Hans im Glück chose to use to get the Wheel of Fortune AND the base game included in the same box without removing the base game entirely from the box (which could confuse people, and, from a marketing standpoint, meant that an extra expansion could be advertised on the box). Thus the entire Wheel of Fortune expansion is included, but only 12 tiles have watermarks.

Offline Thjodbjorn

• Vagabond
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »
My apologies for my unclear "on the phone" writing. What I mean to say is that BB 5 could have got away with only having 9 watermarked WoF tiles instead of 12, if that makes sense.

For example, the BB5 version has 9 90 degree road tiles if you combine the base game and the WoF expansion, whereas both stand alone versions have 8.

I'm sorry about the miscommunication.

Edit: oops... The base game has 9 of those tiles. WoF has 8. BB5 has 10 if you combine base + WoF expansion.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:21:06 PM by Thjodbjorn »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Big Box 7: A brand new Big Box with an already long history?!

Started by Willem

4 Replies
Last post January 18, 2022, 11:49:15 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Big Box 4 (Plus 2012) VS Big Box 5 (Plus 2014) what is the best?

Started by caincarcassonne

11 Replies
Last post April 15, 2015, 11:57:22 PM
by SRBO
xx
HAVE: Empty Big Box WANT: Empty Standard Box

Started by AntisocialOcelot

1 Replies
Last post February 03, 2018, 12:11:13 PM
by Rosco
xx
FS Big Box Custom Box