Author Topic: Speculation: What will be next product for 20 years of Carcassonne?  (Read 6260 times)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
As we know, this year will be released 20 years edition of Carcassonne as main product to celebrate game of the Year 2001 and this awesome game.
For this anniversary made HiG extra landing page http://www.carcassonne20.com

This web page contains two interesting information.

First one:
In events section - now disabled but with hover text: "We are hosting a special Anniversary Event in September 2021 as well as cool give aways."

Second one and more important:
Anniversary products

This means, that it will not be just 20 years edition, it will be something more.

What do you think? What will be another anniversary products?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5261.0
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:18:52 AM by Decar »
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Re: What will be next product for 20 years of Carcassonne
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 04:24:56 AM »
A lot of useless carcassonne related merchandise (like giant meeples, cookie cutters...)  :yellow-meeple:

And I hope the release of C2 version of expansions existing only in C1.

Maybe some free giveaway of signed tiles/expansions for the geeks that we are  :D (so that the fans of the future can seek those precious and sell a kidney to get them) :yellow-meeple:

Offline KBellon

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
I hope new versions of old expansions as well.

And the winter edition + river on cundco (does anybody have an idea when this wil happen? Because I thought it was announced to come available at cundco somewhere in 2021?)

Offline totec55

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 14
    • View Profile
I hope new versions of old expansions as well.

And the winter edition + river on cundco (does anybody have an idea when this wil happen? Because I thought it was announced to come available at cundco somewhere in 2021?)

I contacted them in March and received this response: "We will get the Winter Edition with the river in our shop this year. Keep your eyes open for it."

My assumption is it will be after summer when the weather starts to cool down. But, that is strictly my assumption ;D.

I do hope they fix the river issue though. I ended up tracking two down from Germany (I am in the US) and both of them have issues with the river tiles matching up. Very disappointing to spend $$$ and wait a few weeks only to find that out.

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
I assume that the concept originally prepared by HiG to celebrate and commemorate the 20th anniversary will be much affected by the ongoing covid-19 situation during the year. I was optimistic to see the plural of the "anniversary products" section since the beginning of the dedicated web page and I hope that while the anniversary edition will be under the spotlights first, it will be followed by some more items featured in the second half of the year. My secret wish is C2 version of The Besiegers and/or a brand new miniexpansion. On the contrary, I am not much into cookie cutters and other paraphernalia not useful in the game itself. And I value my kidney too much to sell for any signed collectibles, I guess...

In 2011, I was happy to grab my Czech edition of the 10th anniversary base game with the attractive translucent meeples (not aware of their compatibility issues with the then not owned The Phantom) but I did not follow the Carcassonne community to learn about other ways the year 10 of the game was celebrated. Can any of the veterans who witnessed the events ten years back give their account? Were there any special anniversary events or giveaways of anniversary stuff? And how quickly did The Festival miniexpansion make it from the meeple-shaped boxes of the anniversary edition to the Cundco e-shop to be purchased separately?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Can any of the veterans who witnessed the events ten years back give their account? Were there any special anniversary events or giveaways of anniversary stuff? And how quickly did The Festival miniexpansion make it from the meeple-shaped boxes of the anniversary edition to the Cundco e-shop to be purchased separately?

The main showcase was the release of The Phantom, The School, and the 10th Anniversary Edition, as well as some non-game products at Essen Spiel. I believe it was about two years after that when it became available on Cundco (which wasn't around in 2011 in any case). It was before I moved to New Zealand in mid-2014 for sure because I gave the 10th Anniversary Edition to my sister but kept The Festival until I got my own copy, which was before I moved. Other than that, the real thing the 10th Anniversary did was boost interest in the game and lead to a new Big Box and the six/seven Carcasonne Minis the next year.

Offline KBellon

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
Where the 6 mini expansions each including 1 crop circle tile also part of the 10 year anniversary?
Because I think it was around the same time they were released. I would love something like that again in the future :D Or maybe a new big expansion :D

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Where the 6 mini expansions each including 1 crop circle tile also part of the 10 year anniversary?
Because I think it was around the same time they were released. I would love something like that again in the future :D Or maybe a new big expansion :D
No. 10th Anniversary addition contains only basic game, festival 10 and transparent meeples.
Box was in design of Meeple.

t2k

Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck - 20th Anniversary edition
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 02:43:39 AM »
Look at the 20th anniversary edition picture featuring a "game in progress".  Look a the new river expansion starting with a double-tile.  Then look a little more around the board.  Note the number 20 on certain tiles that also are marked with a dark blue arrow shape with single or double meeples pictured in them.  One arrow has two rectangles on it that has the appearance of official papers.  This may be part of a mini-expansion.  In the same picture, the old tile back is shown, but the manufacturer announced a new tile back a few days ago.  These are all features of the anniversary edition.  But the uptick in the quality of printing on the new tiles, including the rounded corners is also nice.  And remember why we all play Carcassonne, and just see this as a deluxe edition of a classic game.  Maybe they don't print the expansions the same way or change to the new tile back.  Placing tiles and meeples to score points and enjoying that gameplay with friends and fellow gamers is what this site is about.  After the May 28th release date, we get to see everything and find if the play is better with better components, or do we still love this game as we always did.   And one aside, the stickers on meeples does not really appeal to me personally.

Offline Dkmvs

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • Just lurking around..
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck - 20th Anniversary edition
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 02:53:08 AM »
]

If I’m correct, you missed most of the topic, as the arrows with the rules are already posted in this topic. The new tile backs were part of April fools day, as stated by HiG.

It might be worth to get a clear view by reading back the pages in this topic. It’ll relieve you!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:19:48 AM by Decar »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 03:16:29 AM »
Exactly, read the topic before posting  :yellow-meeple:

We already know the tiles with 20 marked and blue arrows are a new mini expansion. We also already have the full rules in Czech:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4957.msg75467#msg75467

And translation to English:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4957.msg75468#msg75468

The "arrow has two rectangles on it that has the appearance of official papers" is an arrow with two tiles  ;)

And we also know the tiles back isn't going to change, it was an April fool's joke  >:D
https://www.hans-im-glueck.de/news/ccdesign.html

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:23:17 AM by corinthiens13 »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 04:18:24 AM »
Kind request not to quote the previous post in it's entirety

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 04:22:36 AM »
Sorry Decar, quote removed  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 04:23:00 AM »
And a brief summary

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 10:43:06 AM »
Tehehehe, you fellas were much more coddling than my comments would have been :-) -  :pink-meeple:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Knowing Your Product

Started by Decar

5 Replies
Last post March 14, 2016, 04:03:47 AM
by hunnymonster
lamp
[30 - uups ;-)] 20 years Carcassonne / Wishes for the anniversary - a survey

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

44 Replies
Last post October 07, 2020, 09:18:47 AM