Author Topic: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck - 20th Anniversary edition  (Read 56901 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2021, 01:04:06 AM »
Glad I added that at the bottom, in case people started copying it and posting it on their own social media platforms.  What on earth is reddit, looking at the comments they're a grumpy lot.

Still we know everything in this image, so didn't bother posting it here. Is on our twitter thing and maybe the facebooks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 01:05:43 AM by Decar »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2021, 01:14:30 AM »
Should have said, was hoping to reach out to the typical Carcassonne fan. There were quite a few people who had asked about rules, hopefully this provides them some more information.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2021, 01:15:29 AM »
Should have said, was hoping to reach out to the typical Carcassonne fan. There were quite a few people who had asked about rules, hopefully this provides them some more information.

Great work Decar. This is excellent.

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2021, 01:20:20 AM »
Glad I added that at the bottom, in case people started copying it and posting it on their own social media platforms.
Ah hah!

What on earth is reddit, looking at the comments they're a grumpy lot.
You're not wrong!

Still we know everything in this image, so didn't bother posting it here. Is on our twitter thing and maybe the facebooks
I don't know everything. Perhaps it's buried in this thread somewhere? This image seems to concisely sum up all that is currently known.

For interest, what is the source?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2021, 01:23:17 AM »
The Czech rules, that are posted somewhere up there ^

They decided to release their rules about 3 weeks ago. No sign from anywhere else yet.

It's only a brief summary, but would be funny if these aren't the rules at all.

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2021, 01:26:12 AM »
So, to clarify, this is your translation of the Czech rules and you posted this image just to Facebook and Twitter?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2021, 01:26:58 AM »
The summary matches the available rules. It omits the edge cases...  ;)
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2021, 01:45:46 AM »
So, to clarify, this is your translation of the Czech rules and you posted this image just to Facebook and Twitter?

It's just a summary of a translation of the Czech rules. The actually rules span about 7 pages and cover some of the edge cases (Meepledrone has others).  For a layperson it should provide enough details to know if they'd be interested.

Still some unknowns though, like how much extra detail do the new tiles provide compared to originals.

PS: Thanks for checking meepledrone  :(y)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2021, 01:49:32 AM »
These rules are published direct on mindok (publisher) web page. So I guess it's in print and will not changed. But as some "old C1 stuff" still in rules, their translator uses previous transations and not check rules ganes by HiG :( So there is issue, that player has to show tile to other players when he take if from stack. In C2 rules is not required (read: it is not written anywhere that player has to show).
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2021, 01:56:39 AM »
Like I said, it's a summary that doesn't go into the level of detail that affects no one,  that would require several hundred images and provide no concrete answers.  People want to know what's in the box, and what the expansions are about.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2021, 02:17:37 AM »
The summary matches the available rules. It omits the edge cases...  ;)

For good reason I imagine. As an introduction to this new edition of the game for beginners/ newer players it's better if they can get a likely idea of how the expansions can be played without having to spend 6 days reading every conceivable interaction with expansions they probably don't own or care about.

These rules are published direct on mindok (publisher) web page. So I guess it's in print and will not changed. But as some "old C1 stuff" still in rules, their translator uses previous transations and not check rules ganes by HiG :( So there is issue, that player has to show tile to other players when he take if from stack. In C2 rules is not required (read: it is not written anywhere that player has to show).

I think this "issue" is going to be of little concern to casual Carcassonne players. It's hard to imagine anyone losing any sleep or having a game ruined over whether they should or shouldn't show their tile to their opponents before placing it. It's not like they're not going to see it anyway.

Offline MeepleFriend

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • You haven't updated your profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2021, 09:16:23 AM »
Great couple of points, danisthirty. At the end of the day, I see this new summary as ensuring new players + casual players just being able to play the game in the way new players/ casual players play games (not like us OCD, completionist, thorough-treatment-of-every-conceivable-interaction folks! I’m on board with your description of the intent of the new summary, and what it will mean in practical terms for its intended audience.

That being said, I love the shout out to Carcassonne Central! It’ll be a great segue for the players that are interested in more—that was me at one point!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2021, 09:41:24 AM »
OCD? What OCD?  ;D

Offline MeepleFriend

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • You haven't updated your profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2021, 12:42:46 PM »
OCD? What OCD?  ;D

Haha, we are our own support group here at CC, right?  ;) Except we never get “better”... just manage our condition!  :))

Offline treyoshi

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2021, 05:21:50 AM »
I browsed the forums some, but I apologize if this is cleared up somewhere else.  The anniversary tiles appear to have new artwork, but still be in the C2 style - is that correct?  As background, I don't currently own Carcassonne, and I am debating if the better move would be to pick up the Big Box with Minis and Exp 1/2 for basically the same cost as this will retail.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Best expansions to complement 20th Anniversary Edition

Started by h0bbitses

7 Replies
Last post December 06, 2021, 01:14:39 PM
by Willem
xx
Carcassonne 20th anniversary edition 2021

Started by Christianmocking

10 Replies
Last post January 16, 2021, 05:48:06 AM