Carc Central Community > General

Carcassonne FAQ

<< < (2/3) > >>

danisthirty:
#x: What is a "U-Turn" within the context of the River/ River 2 expansions?

When playing with the River expansion which is now included with most editions of the Carcassonne basegame, it isn’t always clear whether a particularly tile placement counts as a u-turn and consequently whether it is allowed. The official rules explain that it is only immediate u-turns that are forbidden, and that u-turns are permissible where any two river bends that cause the u-turn are separated by at least one other tile. The reasons for this are explained in the pictures below:

In general, it’s easiest to play that the river should continue to flow in whichever direction the first river tile points it in (eastwards for example), with bends being used to change the direction of the river either up (north) or down (south), but never back on itself (west).

jungleboy:
Amazing job Dan!

Sinscerly:
That was a lot to read. Amazing work :) Well done a merit from me :(y)

danisthirty:

--- Quote from: jungleboy on May 02, 2020, 11:26:32 AM ---Amazing job Dan!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sinscerly on May 02, 2020, 02:24:40 PM ---That was a lot to read. Amazing work :) Well done a merit from me :(y)

--- End quote ---

Thanks chaps. I had a lot of fun putting it together, but it's still considered a work in progress so please post here if you can think of any questions that should be included. :(y)

Sinscerly:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on May 04, 2020, 03:17:02 AM ---Thanks chaps. I had a lot of fun putting it together, but it's still considered a work in progress so please post here if you can think of any questions that should be included. :(y)

--- End quote ---
Point 1:
What is the connection between Carcassonne the place and Carcassonne the boardgame? -> What is the connection between Carcassonne, the place and Carcassonne the boardgame?

Point 13:
You could add, a link to more house rules we have written down in the wica: http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Base_game#House_Rules

point 15:
I think you could refer to some guides about using JCloisterZone to play Carcassonne, as that is the most used thing here on the forum. (this is in addition to point 15 and could be added there)

Point 20:
The timeline has included all the expansions / carcassonne things related on it: http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Timeline

Oh and I should add the "X" questions to the main post. As those are great explanations :(y)
Furthermore I've nothing to add for at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version