Author Topic: Will the corn circles I (2010) ever get released again?  (Read 3801 times)

Offline pepito

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Will the corn circles I (2010) ever get released again?
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:39:00 AM »
Hey everyone,

I realised recently that this small expansion was available on cundco.de for some time, but not any more.
It is still sought after but I don't think that HiG are aware of that.

Maybe we should petition them for a re-release?

Cheers.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1319.0

Offline Duncan90

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • ~ Namaste ~
    • View Profile
Re: Will the corn circles I (2010) ever get released again?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 02:17:21 PM »
The rare Kathars expansion was briefly available when Cundco.de found extra stock. Perhaps, Cundco has a couple boxes of Corn Circles 1 lying around somewhere. 

It was good marketing on their part to "find and sell" this rare expansion - I've now gotten in the habit of checking Cundco every couple of weeks in hopes that they something rare will pop up on their site.

Become a friend of mine in iOS Carcassonne by tapping this link on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:

carcassonne:///f/855431a7235cf003

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 04:01:50 AM »
I think while Corn Circles 2 is available, getting Corn Circles 1 back into circulation isn't going to be a priority as the mechanics are the same and its mostly just the completionists among us who need to have both.

Personally I would love to see CC1 made available again through cundco or any other channel for that matter purely so that it can prevent greedy eBayers from charging a fortune for it (and getting it in most cases).

The rare Kathars expansion was briefly available when Cundco.de found extra stock. Perhaps, Cundco has a couple boxes of Corn Circles 1 lying around somewhere. 

There was talk a couple of months ago about Spielbox publishing some of their expansions again. Presumably this would include the Kathars. I think kettlefish was going to speak with them at Essen but I haven't heard anything since.

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 05:13:44 AM »
I think while Corn Circles 2 is available, getting Corn Circles 1 back into circulation isn't going to be a priority as the mechanics are the same and its mostly just the completionists among us who need to have both.

Personally I would love to see CC1 made available again through cundco or any other channel for that matter purely so that it can prevent greedy eBayers from charging a fortune for it (and getting it in most cases).

There was talk a couple of months ago about Spielbox publishing some of their expansions again. Presumably this would include the Kathars. I think kettlefish was going to speak with them at Essen but I haven't heard anything since.

I can only agree with you. Since there is CC2 there is no need to reprint CC1. The same is valid for the Kathars. HiG stated quite clearly that the Belagerer are the new Kathars. However, that Spielbox might reprint them nontheless might be possible. Though, imo not very realistic.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:33:04 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Formatting errors fixed »
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
For Sale: Spielbox Issue #6 - 2010 inc. The Plague

Started by danisthirty

0 Replies
Last post February 27, 2024, 04:50:35 AM
by danisthirty
xx
WTB: Corn Circles I, Cathedrals, Labyrinth, and Russian Promos

Started by CovertOps

14 Replies
Last post October 20, 2016, 03:14:00 PM
by Jesusgcas
xx
Anyone have a quality image of Corn Circles I?

Started by SirReel

2 Replies
Last post November 09, 2013, 02:45:11 PM
by SirReel
xx
[WTB/WTT] Corn Circles I instruction booklet

Started by ma_Rysia

5 Replies
Last post December 06, 2019, 12:31:15 AM
by ma_Rysia
question
The Corn Circles – Element of the Week #19