Author Topic: Clarification of rules (Christmas Present) - with JEM Magazin - 02 01 2023  (Read 881 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
I received the clarifications from JEM Magazin about their PnP expansion Christmas Present from 2013.

Following Kettlefish's tradition...

Question in BLUE

Answer in GREEN

Still open in RED

My own comments in MAROON

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6221.0
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
[Q1] The three cards shown below cause an immediate scoring affecting a road/city/monastery. Does this scoring cause the followers on the road/city/cloister to return to their players?

[A1] Yes, the scoring does cause the followers to return to their players.

Card symbols from left to right:
* Score an uncompleted road you control for 2x points.
* Score an uncompleted city you control for +1 points per tile.
* Score an uncompleted cloister you control for 1 point per tile (except for the cloister itself).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 10:13:10 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
I've got a couple of questions regarding the rules:

For the Score an Uncompleted Road card, is the road scored as if end of the game and then the points doubled, or is it scored as if end of game with an additional point awarded per tile? I'm thinking if a road is awarded bonus points from other mechanics (eg mage/little buildings/etc), are those points also doubled? (I would assume it is a case of the points being doubled due to the ×2 symbol being used as opposed to a +1 symbol)

For the Shared Farm card that awards +1 extra point per completed city when there is no majority to the farm, is this applied to a single shard farm, or can it be applied to multiple?

(Sorry if this isn't the place to post questions/these have been answered elsewhere)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
I've got a couple of questions regarding the rules:

For the Score an Uncompleted Road card, is the road scored as if end of the game and then the points doubled, or is it scored as if end of game with an additional point awarded per tile? I'm thinking if a road is awarded bonus points from other mechanics (eg mage/little buildings/etc), are those points also doubled? (I would assume it is a case of the points being doubled due to the ×2 symbol being used as opposed to a +1 symbol)

This is a tricky question. In other situation when 2x showed up, it was never stated when that modifier is applied if adding other expansions to the mix. To honor the original intention, that is modifiying the feature value when playing with the base game only, it seems reasonable to double the points of each tile and add any other modifiers on top. In the base game, this may seem unimportant, but when adding other expansions, doubling the points of the full feature may increase the points radically in some cases.

In any case, I sent a question to JEM Magazin abou this. Let's see what they reply.

For the Shared Farm card that awards +1 extra point per completed city when there is no majority to the farm, is this applied to a single shard farm, or can it be applied to multiple?

I've been checking the translation again and the Hungarian wording indicates this applis to all fields (where you are tied with other players). I just updated that in the English wording.

(Sorry if this isn't the place to post questions/these have been answered elsewhere)

No problem. It necessary we can move the discussion to a new thread.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Christmas Present (2013) print-and-play expansion

Started by Scott

25 Replies
Last post December 06, 2022, 10:37:34 PM
by Scott
xx
Awesome Birthday present - South Seas!!

Started by Carcking

7 Replies
Last post February 11, 2014, 02:51:26 PM