Author Topic: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here  (Read 73660 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2022, 11:33:11 AM »
Typo corrected!

Thank you so much for the heads-up. ^-^
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2022, 12:47:14 PM »
Thanks! Here's another one: The Labyrinths was originally release by Spiel Doch! in 2016.
Corrected: The Labyrinths was originally released by Spiel Doch! in 2016.

Also, it seems the terms 1st and 2nd edition are not consolidated throughout the WICA. Sometimes they are written as 1st. Edition/2nd. Edition, and other times 1st edition/2nd edition. There are possibly other versions. The term New Edition is also quite prevalent, but now that C3 is apparently here, what is truly the "new edition"? Is it the most recent edition or any non-C1 edition, or should the term be abandoned?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 12:55:45 PM by DIN0 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2022, 12:23:06 AM »
Thanks! Here's another one: The Labyrinths was originally release by Spiel Doch! in 2016.
Corrected: The Labyrinths was originally released by Spiel Doch! in 2016.

Typo corrected! Thanks again.

Also, it seems the terms 1st and 2nd edition are not consolidated throughout the WICA. Sometimes they are written as 1st. Edition/2nd. Edition, and other times 1st edition/2nd edition. There are possibly other versions. The term New Edition is also quite prevalent, but now that C3 is apparently here, what is truly the "new edition"? Is it the most recent edition or any non-C1 edition, or should the term be abandoned?

Yep. We have to address this. The references to C1 and C2 weren't consistent in the CAR and the C1/C2/C3 convention was adopted later, so we would need to retrace our steps a bit and do a little housekeeping in this regard. Not only the references you mention are inconsistent, but you may find 1st Edition, Carcassonne I, C I... Always waiting for the right moment to and the right approach to address all this. :-\

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2022, 01:38:24 PM »
Hopefully this will be worked out in the future for the sake of consistency.

Meanwhile here is another thing I found. The following answer lacks the text for actual answer:

Question: If you don't extend the road with the Solovei Razboynik tile but you manage to place a follower on it, does this action trigger the follower capture automatically?

Answer: (11/2021)

Text to be added:  Correct, if there is a meeple appearing on a road, the Solovei Razboynik tile is triggered and you resolve the capture again.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 01:44:03 PM by DIN0 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2022, 02:43:37 PM »
Thank you for the heads-up. :(y) :(y)

Missing answer added.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2022, 11:20:02 PM »
Hi Meepledrone,

At what point does New Edition become 2nd Edition and the c3 become New Edition, or more likely straight to 3rd Edition in WikiCarc?
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »
C3 starts with Peasant Revolts... But there is not so much contents to make a full split... It would be odd for the visitor to the home page. (C3 is just a step forward from what you could find in the CAR v7.4 about C2)

@Bumsakalaka and I are testing some new concepts on this WIP version of the home page, where there is only one list and you can see which rules stride across editions for the time being.

https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page_Test

All your comments are welcome...

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2022, 06:40:34 AM »
@Bumsakalaka and I are testing some new concepts on this WIP version of the home page, where there is only one list and you can see which rules stride across editions for the time being.

I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline barth

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2022, 07:40:07 AM »
C3 starts with Peasant Revolts... But there is not so much contents to make a full split... It would be odd for the visitor to the home page. (C3 is just a step forward from what you could find in the CAR v7.4 about C2)

This looks great, way better than the current Home Page version!

As for the suggestions, I think it would look better without the bullet points, and the expansion icons/logos could be in their own table column (with "Logo" heading maybe?) rather than share the same column with the expansion name ("Edition").
Such column will reserve an empty space for logo, so even if the logo picture is missing the expansion names will all be aligned.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2022, 08:57:42 AM »
Yep. Bullets could go away....

Regarding a separate column with the expansions symbols, it could be a valid option. They are fake bullets I copied over just to see the effect.

We were assigning default symbols to expansions that have one... For example: the base game uses the Carcasssonne "C". There are some expansions such as The river or The Abbot that use a symbol that is not represented on its tiles, if any. So there are interesting cases that we use as a reference. Some other expansions, such as The School or The Land Surveyours to name a couple, may use a tile image or something to represent them. Let's see what we come up with.

Currently we are testing some new templates created by @Bumsakalaka that can generate logos + name and links to the correct page depending on the version. This would mean that all the cross references between expansions would be translated only once and be updated everywhere. That's why you see some red test untill the whole thing is finished.

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2022, 11:01:36 AM »
I think if you are going to use other images for the expansions which do not have a symbol, it should be clear that they are not symbols. What I mean by this is that any pictures used to represent the expansion should be ideally colored instead of just being a silhouette to differentiate them from actual watermarks.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2022, 12:11:50 PM »
Yes, it would be a small version of a tile in full color. Let's see if it works.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 13, 2022, 12:57:20 PM »
I like it, an explanation of C1, C2 and C3 would be useful.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2022, 01:52:56 PM »
It was part of the plan...

I was thinking about including one tile sample per edition and spin-off as a visual cue. Let's see how it looks.

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2022, 07:25:33 AM »
I have one question - in the visual timeline of releases, are the items ordered chronologically within the years? They do seem to be in roughly chronological order going from top of the cells to bottom, but is there a real attempt to do this?If yes, how sure are we of the correct order (especially of some older items) and am I correct to assume the left to right top to bottom reading order as old to recent (within the year cell)?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
WikiCarpedia or Wikicarpedia?

Started by NGC 54

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2023, 04:34:20 AM
by Decar
xx
Traveling to GERMANY-ITALY-BELGIUM-AUSTRIA this spring. Looking for Suggestions.

Started by Bixby

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 08:01:44 PM
by Big Guy
xx
Megacarc suggestions?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

3 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 08:48:29 PM
by Dragonlord
xx
A few suggestions for JCloister