Author Topic: Need advice on communicating with Cundco  (Read 4377 times)

Offline nickbuol

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I've been Carcassonne'd
    • View Profile
Need advice on communicating with Cundco
« on: June 08, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this, and searched and found other people posted here, so I thought that I would follow suit...

I ordered a number of items (3 smaller orders to save on shipping), and a bunch of it showed up a couple of days ago while I was out of town, interestingly all in the same package.

A few items are missing.  Four meeple pieces, and the tile set for "Das Fest" is literally missing 2 tiles and the lower right "instruction" tile.  This set and "Die Belagerer" weren't in shrink wrap like the other 5 sets in this order, and a few tiles were loose in the package (large envelope), but only from Das Fest.

So if I send them an email (service@cundco.de) do I use English, or do I have to try to translate the missing items into German? (Using Google or some other translation tool?)

On another odd note, they sent a sheet of "This Game Belongs To:" stickers.  Must have been a free item.

So again, how do I request the missing meeple pieces - listed and ordered as:
Holz-/Plastikteile
Wagen lila, Bürgermeister lila, Gutshöfe lila, Gefolgsfrauen lila

and the, technically, 3 missing tiles from Das Fest (I would obviously include a picture.)  English, German, both?

Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1850.0

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Need advice on communicating with Cundco
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:26:53 AM »
I'd start with English, it's usually better for the far end to translate short sentences.  But I'm sure some of our German speaking friends here would assist you, for a merit ;)

Hope you get it sorted,

Offline yimhj

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • A fan from France.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 12:59:27 AM »
The Service of Cundco is very efficient and, they speak English ! I had a problem with my command, I contact them with the mail, in English and they answered me (a week later) in English too.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 04:34:05 AM »
Yes, I'd say to email them in English too. I can only echo what others have already said about the friendliness and efficiency of their service, so it seems a shame that it sounds like your first order from them has been a disappointing experience so far.

The tiles from The Festival and Die Belagerer do tend to fall out in the envelope if the frames get bent in the post. It doesn't take much. Why they're missing completely is another question, but I'm sure they'll be only too keen to set everything straight again so please post again here when you've had a response.  :)

Oh, and yes, they do like to add freebies to their orders! Sometimes you get lucky and it's a little bag of meeple sweets, other times it's a set of "This game belongs to" stickers or "Baby on board" car stickers. Good luck with your next order!  :(y)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 06:14:58 AM »
In my first order, there was something missing, too, the purple shepherd to be precise. But it was not a disappointing experience at all, since they were really friendly and send me a replacement fast. I also got a great free giveaway, a really big, sturdy and large cloth bag.

I obviously placed my order in German, but would have doubt, that they would have any troubles with English, too and "Google translate" would be the worst option anyway. They sometimes take a few days for reply, since they are a really small enterprise and not everyday at office. So the one week delay, yimhj experienced, would have been quite likely as well, if he would wrote in German. But this is never a big deal, anyway. They "forewarn" you of that in an auto reply and normally manage to answer quite fast anyway.

Offline nickbuol

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 11:00:07 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I feel more comfortable with the English in short sentences than relying on a mediocre translation.

I will post back on how things go.

Offline nickbuol

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 08:38:20 PM »
I sent them an email on the 9th and as of late on the 12th, no response yet... Still sitting tight a couple more days...

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »
I sent them an email on the 9th and as of late on the 12th, no response yet... Still sitting tight a couple more days...
Sometimes one could have the impression that the people at CundCo work primarily on the weekend. But this is quite logic if you consider that the people there are university students. ;) So the chance is high, that they send you an answer soon. ;)
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
smiley
So I did a thing ... need advice ...

Started by gantry

6 Replies
Last post April 24, 2023, 08:38:10 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Need advice for printing fan made expansions, and which are the best?

Started by Poron90

14 Replies
Last post June 29, 2015, 12:36:40 PM
by lomdr
xx
Advice on "relay shipping" from Germany to the U.S.?

Started by Just a Bill

4 Replies
Last post June 17, 2017, 07:56:17 AM
by ny1050220
xx
Call for advice on building a visually consistent C1 collection from scratch

Started by unclewill

9 Replies
Last post April 18, 2021, 02:24:32 AM
by Sinscerly
xx
Meeple resoration(?) advice