Carc Central Community > Community Rules (Meepledrone & Friends)

Markets of Leipzig - Bookbinders quarter bonus and empty monasteries

(1/3) > >>

Meepledrone:
ML07. For each scoring of a completed monastery (as well for monasteries of other players), each player with a meeple in the Bookbinders quarter will receive 4 bonus points. Does this only apply to occupied completed monasteries or do players also receive the bonus for unoccupied completed monasteries?

Example: Red completes an unoccupied monastery. Does Red receive the Bookbinders quarter bonus for this monastery?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5636.0

JohannesD:
Hi everyone,

lmho, since scoring a feature takes place when there is at least one meeple occupying it, unoccupied completed monasteries should not be taken into account. If I remember correctly the only time an unoccupied completed feature is taken into account is in the case of castles.
Johannes

Bumsakalaka:
Hmm, maybe I change my vote. I voted for "Yes". But usually in other rules are used words: completed feature, finished feature, score feature.
But. As we know, that "road" network can be expansion only by "villages", votes for "no" decrease usage of Bookbinders quarter.
So I keep my vote for yes.

kettlefish:
Today, I had a very long talk with Meepledrone about the rules for the Markets of Leipzig.
For the newer members: I did many correction readings for the offical Carcassonne rules in Germany from the publisher HiG.

I have the questions book from Meepledrone - it is a pdf file. The code of the questions are in that document and the questions are from that pdf file.

ML07
Here are my answers about this questions :

--- Quote from: Meepledrone ---For each scoring of a completed monastery (as well for monasteries of other players), each player with a meeple in the Bookbinders quarter will receive 4 bonus points. Does this only apply to occupied completed monasteries or do players also receive the bonus for unoccupied completed monasteries?
--- End quote ---
A score (for the monastery) takes only place when the monastery is occupied by a player (you or any other player). And than it gives the 4 bonus points from the bookbinders quarter.

--- Quote from: Meepledrone ---Red completes an unoccupied monastery. Does Red receive the Bookbinders quarter bonus for this monastery?
--- End quote ---
No, there is no score for the monastery itself - when no score for the monastery then there aren't any bonus points.

Meepledrone:
Thanks @Kettlefish for including your answers to this question.

It's been a long and interesting afternoon/evening.  :(y) :(y)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version