Author Topic: The Meepledrone Diaries - Essen or Bust 2023  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
The Meepledrone Diaries - Essen or Bust 2023
« on: October 15, 2023, 11:27:41 AM »
Prologue

Dear Meeple Diary,

This was the plan... Well, it wasn't formulated as it finally turned out, but all the pieces where ready for it...

Some sweet offerings, some promo tiles, some undisclosed expansions, a secret project and a long shopping list... What would be the right timing? How would things unfold in the end?. No idea...

The Pinkassonne secret project would be revealed to the gang upon arrival, but the person who knew everything about it wasn't arriving until Friday... Chaos could unravel... or maybe not.

And also, the secret plan under wraps. Ah yes! Willem should not suspect a thing... Hush! Hush! Keep calm... So many emotions to keep contained and an unexpected climax on Sunday... Plans within plans... Scheming and plotting for months...

Everything was arranged but the details weren't written in stone... yet.

Time to take off.

XOXOXO
Meepledrone

PS. Hope this year the Grinch doesn't remove any diary entries. He's become too picky and removed anything containing sensitive information such as prefererred expansions, expansion leaks or actual meeple heights. Hope that the Danisthirty meeple helps me keep him at bay this time.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6483.0
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 11:30:03 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
Re: The Meepledrone Diaries - Essen or Bust 2023
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 02:15:04 PM »
Interesting....

Travel schedule, offerings, expansions....

Secret project??!!

Secret plan?!

Don't tell Willem?!

You can trust me, I won't tell him anything, I promise!
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 06:49:39 AM »
The cashew nut connection

Dear Meeple Diary,

Finally arived at the hotel. It is Wedsneday in the evening. The flight seemed longer than last year. I flapped my arms as fast as I could but, seated in a middle seat as I was, it didn't allow me to make much of it. I don't know why the passengers in my same row were staring at me so intensely. The flight attendant was no help either.

I was carrying my large red suitcase full of stuff to deliver to the gang as usual... And a backpack with my Carcassonne travel kit and my laptop... Needless to say I wanted to be ready for any occasion: games with expansions, tiles to be signed, rules debates,...

The reception was awesome! Dragged my stuff to the hotel entrance but there was a code to open the door, locked during the evenings and nights... Willem and Tom were inside but never replied to my request for the code... So I just waited for a few minutes until a group of guests opened the door and let me in among stares and giggles... After do many "Hector, hotel when?" they failed me this miserably... >:D

When I finally met the guys in the cafeteria area, there were countless bottles of beer on the table (a long evening spnt playing games I presumed). We hugged after not seeing each other for a year... Maybe this first picture contains a clue about why all those strange looks from anyone I came across... I forgot my Shrek ears on since my last work meeting in the afternoon... :o

Following tradition, I opened my backpack and my red suitcase and handed them some items I had for them, some even stored away for months waiting for this very moment. I tried to suprise them with some chocolate almonds but the cashew nuts coated in wasabi won their hearts... and their stomachs... Edouard would not be able to try them. They vanished before the next round of beers could happen.

XOXOXO
Meepledrone

PS: Dear Meeple Diary! I didn't want to keep any details from you... Yes, I showed them the copy of Wonders of Humanity I got from the event in Carcacassonne and event put together the map on the backs of the tiles. But their eyes screamed in visual agony when they noticed the Pinkassonne box... Too much to process.

XOXOXO
Meepledrone

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Merit: 0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 07:12:32 AM »
Pinkassonne and visual agony; why? Will it be taking on winter edition anytime soon?

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 12:53:36 PM »
Pinkassonne and visual agony; why? Will it be taking on winter edition anytime soon?
Maybe that it's just reverted colors so no other postprocessing.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2023, 12:43:39 AM »
Prologue

And also, the secret plan under wraps. Ah yes! Willem should not suspect a thing... Hush! Hush! Keep calm... So many emotions to keep contained and an unexpected climax on Sunday... Plans within plans... Scheming and plotting for months...

For once, I cannot be accused of scheming .....  >:D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2023, 01:48:01 AM »
I had the opportunity to learn from the best!  O0

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2023, 05:25:08 AM »
More Meeple diaries when?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
The Meepledrone Diaries - Essen or Bust 2022

Started by Meepledrone

20 Replies
Last post November 15, 2022, 10:30:37 AM
by Challa007
exclamation
Meepledrone is NOT allowed to read this!! All others are... :-)

Started by Challa007

19 Replies
Last post December 29, 2022, 05:00:58 AM
by carlium
xx
Essen 2023; who's coming?

Started by Willem

26 Replies
Last post October 10, 2023, 04:21:31 AM
by Decar
xx
Essen Spiel 2023 Reports