Author Topic: Carcassonne Dream Teams  (Read 40840 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Dream Teams
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »
If i'm not mistaken, both quevy and I both like playing with green, so you can add a green meeple to the Jungle Queens.

What are you talking about? There's one there already!

10 point penalty for the Jungle Queens... C:-)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 07:00:24 AM »
Hello! It’s time to start the competition... :) :(y)

First thing’s first; who’s playing who in round 1?

Round 1:
Goldfishesvs.The Jungle Queens
The Road Runnersvs.Dan & Decar the Dubious Diabetic Duo
The Red Arrows   vs.   jma11
The Glomming Knightsvs.Team Harry

Second thing’s second; what expansions are we using?

I’ve been contemplating various combinations of expansions for this first round and have decided that we’re just going to dive right in with Princess & Dragon + River 2. I’m sure there’s lots of co-operative fun to be had with the dragon, and also the princess for that matter. And if nothing else, River 2 will pad it all out a bit and give the dragon somewhere to start from.

Please remember that JCZ interprets the River 2 pig herd tile in the same way as if it included an actual pig from Traders & Builders, meaning that the pig bonus (one extra point per city on the farm that includes this tile) IS granted :@. And just to complicate things further, the inn is closed and DOESN’T generate any bonus points for the thief (or thieves) who complete this road.

Some final points: C:-)
  • Please ensure that you are using the latest version of JCloisterZone, at present this is 3.4.1.
  • When you start your game, please ensure that the seating order alternates between both teams (i.e. that no two team members get to play one immediately after the other). This is easy to do as the seating order is determined by the order in which meeple colours were selected on the pre-game screen. So, if your team mate was the last person to select a colour then wait until an opponent has selected their meeple before you choose yours.
  • There are now several artificial aids included within JCZ. These include farm hints, projected points and even tile lists. Please don’t use any of these, or do anything that would give you or your team mate an unfair advantage over your opponents. This is especially difficult to Police given the online nature of the competition, so please be prepared to enter into the spirit of things and respect your opponents by leaving everything other than your wits behind you! O:-)
  • It is recommended that everyone should meet in the online chat room shortly before your scheduled start time. From the chat room, it is possible to start private chats with other individuals so you may find it helpful to have a dialogue open with your team mate during games so that you can discuss tactics and boss each other about during the game. Click on somebody’s name in the list and select “message” (I think) to start a direct chat, and use the tabs at the top of the page to switch between chat windows.
Any questions/ clarifications, please ask. Otherwise, let the emailing and PMing begin and let’s get started! 8)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:42:27 AM by danisthirty »

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2015, 07:41:41 AM »
So we play in this tournament without randomising the starting order. How is it settled, which team goes 1st & 3rd and which 2nd and 4th?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2015, 07:58:15 AM »
So we play in this tournament without randomising the starting order. How is it settled, which team goes 1st & 3rd and which 2nd and 4th?

Get one person from each team into a game and select meeples in any order. Then click Randomize seating order and see who gets to place the first tile. Then quit the game and start a new one, and get everyone to connect to that game, and let the person who was selected to go first from the previous abandoned game take first choice in the new/ current game.

Or just toss a coin.

Or let the player who was most recently on an airplane or boat go first.

Or have a fight to the death.

There’s lots of ways. How do you normally decide who starts when you’re playing up at a table?

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »
Or you can use list randomizer:)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »
Why we can't use projected points? If we are not allowed to do it, I will think much longer, as I will recount these points by myself from time to time, as a result this will prolong our games. I think projected points don't give sufficient advantage to players, it just a matter of comfort and speed.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2015, 12:55:43 PM »
Why we can't use projected points? If we are not allowed to do it, I will think much longer, as I will recount these points by myself from time to time, as a result this will prolong our games. I think projected points don't give sufficient advantage to players, it just a matter of comfort and speed.

As you know, being able to calculate how many points your incomplete features are worth (and keep these numbers in your head as you play) is an important skill as it tells you exactly how many more points you need to score in order to win the game, and what the real difference is between you and your opponent. If you have something telling you this then you don't have to do it for yourself and so this skill isn't tested. Plus, the intention of the online competitions has always been to stick as closely to making it as "real" a game of Carcassonne as possible, which is lost when features like this are turned on.

However, if this is a big problem for you and if your opponents are happy for you to use this then feel free to do so. I don't like to, for the reasons explained above, but I won't enforce my opinion on everyone for the sake of it if they disagree... C:-)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2015, 01:08:48 PM »
TAFKATH will now go under the name of "Glooming Knights".

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2015, 01:11:56 PM »
TAFKATH will now go under the name of "Glooming Knights".

Shouldn't this be TAFKATD?

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2015, 01:12:56 PM »
Yes!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2015, 01:16:58 PM »
Glooming or Glomming knights?

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2015, 01:22:18 PM »
You are right. :-[

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »
Updated (as "Glomming")

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2015, 01:24:32 PM »

..., if this is a big problem for you and if your opponents are happy for you to use this then feel free to do so. I don't like to, for the reasons explained above, but I won't enforce my opinion on everyone for the sake of it if they disagree... C:-)

I'm absolutely happy with it, moreover, I would like to use this feature as well. So if our teammates are not against it, I propose to use it in our first game.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:47:09 PM by Leven »

Offline Curt194

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2015, 02:39:56 PM »
Guess Curt got stuck with me.  :o
Not sure about the name  ;D but if you stick a "Dirty" before the Harry I'd stick with it, subject to Curt approval obviously.

Haha I'm good  to go with this  unless we wanted something more Carcassonne related. We can have a think on it  :D

Looking forward to the first game. Princess and Dragon is always good and I imagine a team game to get really interesting!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:41:37 PM by Curt194 »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne with Teams of 2 (or more players)

Started by Halfling

6 Replies
Last post November 05, 2017, 05:07:00 AM
by SamoolSamosa
xx
UK Carcassonne: Mini Teams Tournament... places available!

Started by danisthirty

1 Replies
Last post February 04, 2022, 07:21:06 AM
by danisthirty
xx
UK Mini Teams Championship - Format & Rules

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post March 08, 2022, 01:32:26 AM
by dronedrone
xx
Do you dream of boardgames?