Author Topic: Carcassonne Central Twitter Account  (Read 6568 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Carcassonne Central Twitter Account
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:33:50 AM »
You may have noticed on the front page that there is now a link to the official Carcassonne Central Twitter “feed” (or you might not have done, so I’m pointing it out now just in case). I took it upon myself to get this up and running just over a week ago so I wanted to mention it here.

Firstly, I must admit that I’m not the biggest fan of Twitter. This is mostly because I'm turned off by the fact that the majority of the people who frequent it seem to be either celebrity-obsessed stalkers, trolls or cyber-bullies. Where else could every footballer ever have literally millions of followers hanging on their every word? I didn’t think it was for me at all...

However, once I got a little bit more familiar with it I realised that there is a wealth of Carcassonne information and photos on Twitter, so I’ve taken it upon myself to attempt to use it for two main purposes:

1. To spread the word about Carcassonne Central and to help people who are already playing Carcassonne to find us and become part of the community here.

2. To make the Carcassonne Central Twitter feed a popular hub for Carcassonne news, tips, links, photos, videos and anything else I can find.

I won’t go into detail about how I’m hoping to achieve either of these but if anyone here is on Twitter and isn’t already doing so, please follow the Carcassonne Central feed - @Carcassonne - and encourage anyone else who may be interested to do the same.

Thanks!  :)

EDIT: Anyone can view the page here: https://twitter.com/Carcassonne

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1190.0
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:55:06 PM by danisthirty »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central Twitter Account
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 03:52:06 AM »
We’ve now reached 50 followers on Twitter!  :) :(y)

Whilst I admit that this is probably only about as many followers as most footballers seem to attract every 30 seconds, it’s nice to think that our presence on Twitter is growing and I love the fact that I’m able to share everything that’s going on here at Carcassonne Central with a wider audience.

Next goal: 100 followers!  8)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:00:32 AM »
Some of the tweets are hilarious!

:))
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 05:34:06 AM »

Glad you like it. I can't believe I've done over 300 tweets in my first month!

Now that I'm starting to get the hang of it I'm really enjoying being able to chat to such a wide range of random strangers about Carcassonne, and directing them to Carcassonne Central wherever possible of course. I've also become something of a support hotline for the Carcassonne Android app, but it's all good and I'm just grateful I'm able to represent such a creative, enthusiastic and generally fantastic community!  :(y)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 05:37:53 AM »

Glad you like it. I can't believe I've done over 300 tweets in my first month!

Now that I'm starting to get the hang of it I'm really enjoying being able to chat to such a wide range of random strangers about Carcassonne, and directing them to Carcassonne Central wherever possible of course. I've also become something of a support hotline for the Carcassonne Android app, but it's all good and I'm just grateful I'm able to represent such a creative, enthusiastic and generally fantastic community!  :(y)

Glad someone is able to understand it. I have an account but not sure how it works. Math I can do, but this is way beyound Einstein for me.  ^-^

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 07:45:47 AM »
I mentioned it in another post (here: The Game of Love Podcast) but some interactions via Twitter got us a mention in a podcast in relation to the "Great Carcassonne Debate". Hopefully they'll link to us in their next episode as I believe this is an ongoing debate, hence why I tried to start our own discussion here but it doesn't seem to have got going...

We've also been mentioned in another blog post here: Rule of Play: 28.11.2014. Their description of us isn't entirely accurate (certainly not in terms of being a new site anyway) but I don't think this matters and it's all good for getting our name out there.

I don't know what kind of audiences these podcasts/ blogs reach but it's good to know that Twitter is generating some publicity for us and I look forward to seeing how/ if this is reflected in the number of people discussing all things Carcassonne on our forums.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 05:25:07 AM »
Next goal: 100 followers!  8)

Reached this today!  :(y)

Next goal: 500 followers!  O0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
How to create an account on Carcassonne-Forum?

Started by NGC 54

6 Replies
Last post November 26, 2023, 12:56:09 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Twitter Profile Picture

Started by Decar

1 Replies
Last post November 09, 2015, 08:55:06 AM
by danisthirty
xx
HiG twitter - The Worms love Meeple-Apple

Started by kettlefish

0 Replies
Last post September 05, 2014, 12:45:10 PM
by kettlefish
xx
Carcassone news on Twitter, what to follow?

Started by Hovari

4 Replies
Last post November 06, 2014, 07:08:33 AM
by Hovari
xx
Carcassonne Central Online Quiz

Started by MrNumbers

136 Replies
Last post July 10, 2017, 04:24:03 PM
by Rosco