Author Topic: Carcassonne Winter Edition  (Read 902 times)

Offline chris6507

• Vassal
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
Carcassonne Winter Edition
« on: November 26, 2023, 04:58:03 AM »
Hey All, Just hoping for a little help from you Carcassonne Geniuses. Always really, really wanted the Carcassone Winter edition and as there seemed to be only 3 copies left I went and ordered it from Amazon at the bellow link.
Just had a couple of questions if anyone cares to help:
1. This does appear to be a legit copy of the game right? Recently purchased a fake and don't want to repeat that again.
2. This is the Muller edition right?
3. Does this seem like a good deal? It's $70 Australian, which is a little expensive, but it was just a German exclusive right? And not likely to get any better offers on this side of the world am I?
4. Don't suppose there's anywhere reasonable to get Corn Cirles, is there?
If anyone thinks i've made a bad decision and thinks I should cancel it, i'd really appreciate the help. Cheers! :-D

(https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B0BCD4FTVS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6528.0
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 05:05:51 AM by chris6507 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Winter Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 01:18:25 PM »
Hey All, Just hoping for a little help from you Carcassonne Geniuses. Always really, really wanted the Carcassone Winter edition and as there seemed to be only 3 copies left I went and ordered it from Amazon at the bellow link.
Just had a couple of questions if anyone cares to help:
1. This does appear to be a legit copy of the game right? Recently purchased a fake and don't want to repeat that again.

It is a very disappointing experience indeed.

2. This is the Muller edition right?

Correct. This is what we call WE2: It includes The River but not The Abbot.

3. Does this seem like a good deal? It's $70 Australian, which is a little expensive, but it was just a German exclusive right? And not likely to get any better offers on this side of the world am I?

A bit expensive but it seems in line with other Carcassonne items on sale. If the shipping is okay, it may be a good deal.

This is WE2 on Amazon.de just in case you'd like to compare:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Asmodee-Carcassonne-Players-Minutes-Version/dp/B0BCD4FTVS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=33K6LBJQ1N1KX&keywords=carcassonne%2Bwinter%2Bedition&qid=1701032910&sprefix=cacassonne%2Bwinter%2Caps%2C267&sr=8-1&th=1

4. Don't suppose there's anywhere reasonable to get Corn Cirles, is there?

You may check on this German site, where you may find offers at a lower price than eBay. You will have to contact th seller to arrange the shipping. 

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/carcassonne-erweiterung-die-kornkreise-winter-edition-neu-ovp/2388812810-23-13372

If anyone thinks i've made a bad decision and thinks I should cancel it, i'd really appreciate the help. Cheers! :-D

(https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B0BCD4FTVS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

If the source is reliable, there is no shame in getting Winter Edition stuff. It is a nice addition to anyone's collection... And witt the right fan expansions you may play a Winter + Summer Carcassonne game... ;D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 01:21:16 PM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline chris6507

• Vassal
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 08:27:16 PM »
Thank you very much. Haven't completely absolved my guilt for spending another $70, but I do feel a bit more comfortable about getting what i'm expecting. :-)
I must ask though, what is that expansion and where could I find it please? :-D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 08:46:09 PM by chris6507 »

Offline BBG

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 04:37:47 AM »
And witt the right fan expansions you may play a Winter + Summer Carcassonne game... ;D
Just out of curiosity, I like to play Green+White sometimes (that is, combining a base game with a winter edition) and the fan expansion is not that needed. Place the two river source tiles close to each other in a way that will produce rivers in different directions. Then mix all the tiles in a bag and play: each drawn tile must be placed so that it touches at least one side of the same kind  O:-)

Offline maxpax444

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 01:23:19 AM »
Would also like to know where to find the fan expansion to out the two together - looks great!

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 04:02:14 PM »
Could the connector tiles in the image above be the ones mentioned in the following thread ...

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5541.msg

which mentions a C2/WE connector set on CarcCZ?
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB: Carcassonne Winter Edition

Started by thodekey

8 Replies
Last post May 29, 2017, 01:32:17 PM
by thodekey
xx
Carcassonne: Winter Edition artwork

Started by Carcatronn

6 Replies
Last post August 29, 2014, 07:16:17 PM
by Rhammirhez
xx
WTB: Carcassonne Winter Edition with Gingerbreadman and Corn Circles Expansions

Started by asp204

6 Replies
Last post November 30, 2018, 03:09:23 AM
by dronedrone
xx
Carcassonne first edition?? Is it first edition?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

10 Replies
Last post May 28, 2016, 01:07:24 PM
by Halfling
xx
WTB: Carcassonne Limited Edition and Limited Edition Die Märkte zu Leipzig

Started by Frans0

0 Replies
Last post February 12, 2022, 09:13:14 AM
by Frans0