Author Topic: New mini expansion: The Signposts  (Read 4958 times)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: New mini expansion: The Signposts
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2021, 09:17:05 AM »
But I have question for rules.
The roads must not end on the first tile after the signpost.

So road ended on 3rd tile immediately on Abbey / City Gate / Small house.
I think it follow rules, that road not end on first tile but just not continue on second. right?
So points granted!
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2021, 09:30:51 AM »
HiG will never answer this.
As per usual now, the expansion is designed to work with the base game only, and they'll not clarify any interactions with other expansions.

I personally would say bridges and tunnels count as continuation of the road. And the road must go in the appointed direction on the next tile, so a straight bridge counts only for the straight arrow, and tunnels don't count for anything, as the road doesn't continue directly in the direction of the signpost (unless you place your second token on the same tile)
Maybe this is a job for Super Merpledrone to the rescue!! He will do the job that HiG won’t do. HiG live in a simply basic game rules for less headache….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Online NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2021, 12:30:52 PM »
The rules for The Signposts use the newest C2 Base Game (aka C3, C2.2 and C.2.5) for example images (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/File:Signposts_C2_Scoring_Example_02.png), but The Peasant Revolts use the oldest C2 Base Game for example images (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/File:Peasant_Revolts_C2_Example_02.png).
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2021, 08:47:30 AM »
HiG will never answer this.
As per usual now, the expansion is designed to work with the base game only, and they'll not clarify any interactions with other expansions.

I personally would say bridges and tunnels count as continuation of the road. And the road must go in the appointed direction on the next tile, so a straight bridge counts only for the straight arrow, and tunnels don't count for anything, as the road doesn't continue directly in the direction of the signpost (unless you place your second token on the same tile)
Maybe this is a job for Super Merpledrone to the rescue!! He will do the job that HiG won’t do. HiG live in a simply basic game rules for less headache….

:o

OK. I've been working on these two images to illustrate those cases beyond regular roads...

The rules assume the signpost condition is met if a road segment connects the edge of the signpost to the required edge on the adjacent tile. If the road segment ends on the tile before touching the required edge or does not touch it at all, the signpost condition is not met.

The following image shows examples meeting the signpost condition (case A below) and not meeting it (case B). Case B shows a straight road (dotted in white) that ends at a feature on the tile (yellow circle) so it does not continue to the opposite edge (section dotted in black), and a curved road (dotted in white) that doesn't meet the signpost requirement (dotted in black).

In general terms, the road segment must connect the required edges to meet the conditions, but this connection may happen to include other features that provide this connection on the tile beyond a simple printed road on the tile.

Roads may include a number of features affecting them and even modify their layout at times. The rules cover roundabouts (see case A below). For other features, the same logic should apply also covered in the image below:
* Tunnels without tunnel tokens (case B) and with them (case C).
* Ferries (case D)
* Bridges (case E)

Case C (right) may present many variations when not meeting the sigpost condition:
* The signpost road enters a tunnel and exits on the same tile but not reaching the required edge (the case presented in the example)
* The signpost road enters a tunnel and exits on another tile (the second tunnel token is placed on another tile)
 including those where the tunnel entrance connected to the signpost has no tunnel token or the exit tunnel token may be placed on another tile, if any
* The signpost road enters the tunnel but it may not exit (no tunnel token on the entrance or no second tunnel token to match it)

The labyrinth (case F, left) would always meet the signpost condition, the same as the 4-legged roundabouts in Exp. 7 or the Spiel '18 tile. The abbey tile would never meet the condition (case F, right), the same as any edge with a city gate.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Corrected typos :o
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 08:56:51 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2021, 09:25:25 AM »
Seems correct, quite simple to understand in fact. Thanks for those clarifications  :yellow-meeple:

And merit for the illustrations!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2021, 10:14:04 AM »
Thanks! ;D

Yep. I think the underlying concept is pretty straightforward.

BTW, I already updated the Order of Play and the other reference pages to reflect The Signposts.

I will update The Signposts page next to include this and other clarifications.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2021, 04:00:44 PM »
Master Meepledrone to the rescue!! Amazing job!! emoji code3590]

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2021, 01:16:31 AM »
Thank you! It was my pleasure...  ;D

I will add the clarifications to WICA today.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Barbarian Report: Searching for a Sign (The Signposts)

Started by Whaleyland

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2022, 09:36:05 AM
by kothmann
xx
Most Correct Signposts? On a Torus?

Started by kothmann

3 Replies
Last post December 07, 2021, 08:59:54 AM
by kothmann
xx
New mini expansion Carcassonne - The Peasant Revolts on cundco.de

Started by Bumsakalaka

61 Replies
Last post November 29, 2020, 12:59:29 AM
by cicerunner
xx
New mini- expansion Die Öbstbaume (the fruittrees) at the Spiel event!

Started by Christianmocking

87 Replies
Last post March 31, 2018, 11:54:44 PM
by Decar
xx
The next new edition (mini)expansion

Started by NGC 54

22 Replies
Last post October 21, 2020, 10:36:35 PM
by Bumsakalaka