Carc Central Community > News and Events

Mists over Carcassonne

<< < (48/50) > >>

Challa007:

--- Quote from: corinthiens13 on January 23, 2023, 12:48:48 PM ---Even though we managed level 5.2 many times...

--- End quote ---

Ha ha ha, @corinthiens13 , I only realized right now that you wrote level 5.2

brilliant!!  :(y)

By the way, I have new ideas for (hopefully) easier versions of level 6  ;D

Let's call them "Prelevel" 6.1  /   6.2   /   6.3   /    6.4
In fact, you take the rules of level 1 to 4 but as in level 6, each color gets its own points and also the token are placed like in level 6

example for Prelevel 6.1:
Rules of level 1
Meeples like in level 6
Ghosts like in level 6
token like in level 6 :no hound token (there are no hounds in level 1) but goal token on 50 points

And another idea (Prelevels 6.10    /  6.11   /  6.12)

Play level 6 as it is with this difference:
The number of players is not important any longer. If you play alone or with 5 players is all the same.

Now choose if you want to play with 3 colors (Prelevel 6.10), 4 colors (Prelevel 6.11) or 5 colors (Prelevel 6.12)

For each color put all 5 meeples in a common supply of meeples (common for all players).
For each color put a normal Carcassonne meeple on the scoreboard.

Now play normally level 6. On their turn, players can pick any of the meeples from the common supply.

Scott:
I received an email from a Canadian board game retailer yesterday stating that Mists was now in stock, so hopefully those of us who pre-ordered from Asmodee will not have to wait much longer.

Meepledrone:

--- Quote from: Challa007 on November 12, 2022, 05:09:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: Challa007 on November 08, 2022, 08:22:56 AM ---Question 9 (level 6 – 2 players) - CarcF
A)   Suppose I play red. My opponent with blue. Did I understand correctly that the red and blue meeple come on the scoreboard and all other colored meeple remain for us for the game (e.g. with me all except red) and my partner all except blue? For me this is not clear from the rule description. Thanks in advance.
B)   Rules are unclear. Needs to be clarified with HiG  (note from Challa007: PresetM has given his interpretation of the rules there but I am not sure I agree with him)

--- End quote ---

HIG clarification (Brigitte Fuchs, Nov 12th 2022 at Spielwiesn in Munich):
Solo play:
the player choses 4 colors and takes 3 meeple per color from the box (these are the meeples to play with – 12 in total)
Then the player takes 1 meeple per color from the box and places them on the scoring board (4 meeples).
During the game the points are scored per color! And each of the 4 color scoring meeples on the scoreboard have to reach the hound to activate it, i.e. only when the last color has reached the hound, it is activated.

Play with 2 players:
each player choses 2 colors and takes 3 meeple per color from the box (these are the meeples to play with – 12 in total for both players)
Then the player takes 1 meeple per color from the box and places them on the scoring board (4 meeples in total for both players).
During the game the points are scored per color! And each of the 4 color scoring meeples on the scoreboard have to reach the hound to activate it, i.e. only when the last color has reached the hound, it is activated.

----------------
Additional clarification by Brigitte Fuchs concerning level 6 – game with 3-5 players:
Each player places one of their own meeples on the scoreboard, i.e. the player only have 4 meeples to play with

--- End quote ---

The updated rules provided by HiG in 3/2023 have rendered this clarification obsolete.

oldbonz:
how many players do you play? with 4 players I had a dog badly level 1

Challa007:
We normally play with 2 players.
If level 1 is too hard, by experience this means that there might be misunderstandings concerning the rules. You can check my checklists to see if that is the case:

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6261.msg90467#msg90467

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version