Carc Central Community > World Cup of Carcassonne Central

Follow-up World Cup 2017

(1/4) > >>

MrNumbers:
I have been asked by TheSteveAllen to post this on his behalf, as he is of the firm belief that it will attract more attention and support if it were to be posted by an global moderator, rather than an ordinary member :D

Over that last couple of weeks, since being tragically 'ousted' from the Carcassonne Central World Cup, I have been enthusiastically testing the playing set-ups for the Quarter Final, Semi-Final and Final stages of the competition along with other friends on this forum who have also shown that they have an interest in trying them out.
As a result of these matches, I have decided to come up for a special competition for us 'Also-rans' so that we can enjoy the benefits of the contest without having to worry too much about the results.
The idea is that anyone who completed the group stages of the competition (15 of us, I believe), should be allowed to enter this follow-up tournament with the game configurations being played by those who qualified.
Participants will be given a set of 'fixtures' which they can play, possibly 5 each, to be completed at the same time as the 'real' final match.
An independent arbitrator (possibly MrNumbers) will create this fixture list, which will be a list of opponents and game configurations e.g. Thodekey v Halfling (SF configuration).
Participants will then play as many of their fixtures as possible until the 'real' tournament ends.
Points will be awarded as per the scores plus 30 points for a win, e.g. Thodekey 245 : Halfling 270 scores 245 points to Thodekey and 270 points against, with 300 points to Halfling and 245 points against. The league table will be in Points difference order eg. Halfling has 55 points, Thodekey has -25 points from this fixture.
This is designed to encourage games to be played, with the winner uncertain until the very last fixture.
Exact details are still to be clarified, but could you please reply to this post if you would like to participate.
A further bonus, is that we will also be playtesting for Farin at the same time, which helps us all.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3835.0

TheSteveAllen:
Thanks for helping me with this MrNumbers. I hope that we get a few entrants to this very quickly so that we can make a start.

Rather obviously, I am in!

thodekey:
Count me in!  Although I already lost in the exemplary game vs Halfling...  :D

TheSteveAllen:

--- Quote from: thodekey on February 09, 2018, 02:05:09 PM ---Count me in!  Although I already lost in the exemplary game vs Halfling...  :D

--- End quote ---

Halfling has not yet signed up, so you are still unbeaten!  ;)

Halfling:
Happy to arbitrate, or play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version