Author Topic: 2021 Basegame round 1  (Read 13102 times)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Basegame round 1
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 03:44:54 PM »
So, first install 5.X to get the current java, then downgrade to 4.X? -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 04:19:45 PM »
Decar vs NY1050220

First game was really messy. We both made some interesting mistakes, and were quick to cash in on them.  We had a big farm fight, but I managed to complete a road giving me one meeple on my last turn. Scoring a dango for 9points.  Bringing me up for a draw.  Stupidly I placed a blocking tile that I didn't need to that cost me 1 point.

89:89

and

Game 2

Well the less said the better.... I ill invested in territory early on, and I was simply out played and left with frantic plays that just seemed to power NY1050220's superior strategy and draws.  Got a farmer trapped almost immediately and all my trapping threads were brushed aside almost instantly.

Well played NY1050220. Good luck with your other games.

PS: Given we're meant to be playing everyone, is there anyone state side that would like to take advantage of the +1 hour difference we have at the moment, and the fact I'm on annual leave to schedule a second game with me for Round 2, before the clocks go forward?

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 06:41:55 PM »
PS: Given we're meant to be playing everyone, is there anyone state side that would like to take advantage of the +1 hour difference we have at the moment, and the fact I'm on annual leave to schedule a second game with me for Round 2, before the clocks go forward?
I can publish the second round if you like?
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2021, 08:48:31 AM »
I won't object to that; more info helps with planning. Just don't want the other players to feel overly pressured, as apparently they haven't finished their round 1.

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2021, 11:44:48 AM »
I won't object to that; more info helps with planning. Just don't want the other players to feel overly pressured, as apparently they haven't finished their round 1.
I'm going to publish all the rounds tonight, but chronological order is pre. (so try to play first round 1, then 2 .... etc).
If people want to go faster it goes faster, as all is already published :)

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 12:37:45 PM »
Yesterday the first match for me against Bumsakalaka, it was a great match :)

Some figthing about cities and blocking of each other. In the end I won the first out of two. 127 - 109

Today we've played the second out of two. There was one big farmland and I got the power to maintain and get two meeples on it. Although the main battle was not about the farm it was all in on big points for cities and roads. This is where Bumsakalaka got the bigger hand in the end and got the well earned last cloister, which lead him to a victory.  97 - 92

Two great games :) tnx for playing Bumsakalaka.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2021, 01:48:17 PM »
Yesterday the first match for me against Bumsakalaka, it was a great match :)

Some figthing about cities and blocking of each other. In the end I won the first out of two. 127 - 109

Today we've played the second out of two. There was one big farmland and I got the power to maintain and get two meeples on it. Although the main battle was not about the farm it was all in on big points for cities and roads. This is where Bumsakalaka got the bigger hand in the end and got the well earned last cloister, which lead him to a victory.  97 - 92

Two great games :) tnx for playing Bumsakalaka.

Nice game. But thuth is that I had no meeple to place on last tile with monastery placed in hole (possible 9 points). So last three tiles was risk, and I choose road in right which worth me 7 points and that Sincerly will not get that Monastery because then will be result 97:98 for him.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2021, 01:02:38 AM »
Yes, I see I miss phrased that part. Oops.
Well you did a good match! And those last 10 a 15 tiles I was thinking can I still win this :))

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2021, 12:56:27 PM »
Round 1 result

1st game - cicerunner went first

2nd game - Allograft went first
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:59:21 PM by cicerunner »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2021, 04:10:56 PM »
Leven and I played our secret unpublicised match earlier this evening, via BGA. We both won a game and lost a game though, so the match result was a tie.

:red-meeple: :D Leven (100) - danisthirty (93) :'( :blue-meeple:
The first game was very close from start to finish. It was good to see that old rivalries die hard, as we both played rather cautiously and didn't take too many risks. I managed to complete a couple of cloisters which put me ahead in terms of points but I always felt that Leven had the upper hand in terms of his favourable overall position. With scores pretty much equal, I was fortunate enough to finish off a little city I claimed as a last-ditch attempt to get ahead, but couldn't kill off a similar city that Leven was working on. We both knew that there was one remaining cfcf split city cap tile remaining, but the tile gods kept us waiting until the very end of the game to see who was going to draw it. As it happened, it went to Leven who put it to good use to complete his tidy 14-point city which won him the game by 7 points. Tough one, but very enjoyable!

:blue-meeple: ;) danisthirty (99) - Leven (59) :o :red-meeple:
The second game was quite different to the first. Leven was quick to claim a promising city which he continued to throw big city tiles at as I tried to reduce his chances of completing it. Ideally, I was also hoping to trap another meeple he'd placed on the road across the start tile at the same time, but struggled to kill it outright and succeeded only in leaving a number of fillable crfr gaps (all of which I drew). There were plenty of tough decisions in the first half of the game for both of us, but while Leven's decisions certainly seemed to be the right ones, the tiles had other ideas and I was gifted several opportunities to thwart him with each attempt he made to take control of certain features or put pressure on me. As I got further and further ahead, Leven continued to put up a good fight but ultimately I seemed to keep drawing what I needed, and what he needed, with the final scores reflecting this good fortune rather than any discrepency between us in terms of our mad skillz.

Overall, I don't mind admitting that I was dreading this match as I know what Leven's like! So I was very happy to settle on a tie with +33 PD. Thanks for the games Leven! :(y)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:05:16 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2021, 02:46:58 AM »
How is this league progressing?
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2021, 05:38:12 AM »
I guess. When CarcC goes down it was impossible to continue due to not have other option to contact opponents. And thru summer vacations is up to impossible to find time for game.
So I think it will goes forward in couple of weeks...

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2021, 01:34:44 AM »

I hope people get more time now and as CC is online again communication is a bit easier. I will try and find some time to make a better overview of the outstanding matches :)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2021, 10:18:27 AM »
Bumsakalaka got started with me, and we're in the scheduling process :-) -  :pink-meeple:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2021 Basegame round 8

Started by Sinscerly

1 Replies
Last post May 13, 2021, 04:04:35 AM
by Sinscerly
xx
2021 Basegame round 4

Started by Sinscerly

7 Replies
Last post April 23, 2021, 10:24:11 AM