Author Topic: How to create addons?  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
How to create addons?
« on: January 26, 2022, 07:12:36 PM »
I installed the latest version of the software to see how it's coming along, and I have questions.

1. I see a note in the settings menu that "Additional artworks may by provided by add-ons." How can I make an artwork addon?
2. How do you switch between different artwork?
3. How do you make fan expansions to add new tiles?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5710.0

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: How to create addons?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 01:14:57 AM »
Addons for JCZ is mine idea how to add new tiles into JCloisterZone.
The Path was long and was started before 5.x branch was released. This caused some changes which makde different answer for your questions due to changed logic in 5.x and 4.x.

1. I see a note in the settings menu that "Additional artworks may by provided by add-ons." How can I make an artwork addon?
Addons have specific file structure which includes:
1. Tiles distribution
2. Logo
3. Tiles definitions includes features and interaction between them (city - field for farmer counting, wagon move for C1, tunnels, inns, etc)
4. Dependencies
5. Finally shapes for each tile for placement and complete feature shape
6. Direction to JCZ if need to turn on some capabilities or elements in JCZ Client or Engine 
Answer is - you can learn code from existing addons which we do from original 5.x JCZ artwork or you can make them in Fancarpedia which is tool which creates Fan expansions tile database which export to JCZ as addon.

2. How do you switch between different artwork?
Currently not supported by JCZ 5.x. Due to first artwork which has requested design is used. This approach solve also issue to prevent different definitions of tiles - imagine Tile RRRF with Inn which has different rule about counting Inn in C1 and C2.

3. How do you make fan expansions to add new tiles?
You can join Fancarpedia (send me PM), upload there your tiles, made shapes for features and made export.
This works for Vanilla tiles which has features supported in current version of JCZ.
If your tiles will have something new, this need to contact me and probably we find a way (probably we will need to make update of JCZ - which can take a while).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 01:17:17 AM by Bumsakalaka »
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
How to create an account on Carcassonne-Forum?

Started by NGC 54

6 Replies
Last post November 26, 2023, 12:56:09 PM
by Meepledrone
clip
C, S&Creativity ... to create what?

Started by Weetek23

4 Replies
Last post October 25, 2021, 06:47:10 AM
by DrMeeple