Author Topic: Two questions about the Market of Leipzig  (Read 967 times)

carca82

Two questions about the Market of Leipzig
« on: August 12, 2022, 02:43:18 PM »
Today we've played for the first time with the Market of Leipzig expansion and we like it, but it left us with two doubts. Please pardon us if this has been already discussed or explained somewhere else, we couldn't find a unique answer for these.

Look at this image:

Question 1. The pink player already completed the road connected to Leipzig in a previous move (pink portion of the road). If the green player puts the bottom-left tile and puts a meeple where the green star is, is that AGAIN considered a road connecting to Leipzig?

Question 2. If the answer to question 1 was YES: if the green player decides to score the points instead of sending their meeple to Leipzig, do they get 2 or 6 points?

Thank you!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6052.0

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Two questions about the Market of Leipzig
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 05:40:14 PM »
Answer #1: The road is considered to be connected to Leipzig via two villages. A road can be connected to Leipzig if there is a sequence of roads connected to Leipzig through one or more villages. The German rules were more specific about this requirement. The English rules only mentioned through a village, so it was not clear but HiG clarified this point in 6/2021.

Answer #2: Green scores 2 points. There is no green meeple in the Wainwrights quarter, the one affecting roads. The greeen meeple in Leipzig is in the Bookbinders quarter affecting monasteries but not roads.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 01:58:51 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

carca82

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 05:48:13 PM »
Answer to answer 1. So is it possible to keep adding meeples to Leipzig just by adding pieces to the same road?

Answer to answer 2: ok, let's assume there is one meeple on the Wainwrights quarter. Would the green player get 6 points?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 01:58:07 AM »
Answer to answer 1. So is it possible to keep adding meeples to Leipzig just by adding pieces to the same road?

You can send up to 4 meeples to Leipzig, one per quarter. Each quarter provides bonus points for a particular feature in the base game. You will be able to send a meeple to Carcassonne each time you complete a road conncted directly to Leipzig or whenever you complete a road connected to Leipzig through on or more crossroads with villages.

Here is an example where Red can send a meeple to Leipzig from a road connected to Leipzig through 2 crossroads with villages.

Answer to answer 2: ok, let's assume there is one meeple on the Wainwrights quarter. Would the green player get 6 points?

Green would score 1 point bonus per tile on the road just completed, so  Green scores 2 points for the road  (2 tiles x 1 point/road tile) and 2 points for the Wainwrights quarter bonus (2 tiles x 1 bonus point/tile). All in all, Green scores 4 points this turn.

carca82

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 02:06:27 AM »
Here is an example where Red can send a meeple to Leipzig from a road connected to Leipzig through 2 crossroads with villages.

Yes I understand this, my question was another one. Let's say Red sends the meeple to Leipzig. Next turn I add a T tile to that same road and add a Green meeple to it. Can I send it to Leipzig?

Green would score 1 point bonus per tile on the road just completed, so  Green scores 2 points for the road

But the road I just completed is a road that leads to Leipzig so shouldn't I get 6 points for the 6 tiles of the whole Leipzig road?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 02:13:58 AM »

Yes I understand this, my question was another one. Let's say Red sends the meeple to Leipzig. Next turn I add a T tile to that same road and add a Green meeple to it. Can I send it to Leipzig?

Yes, you can.

Green would score 1 point bonus per tile on the road just completed, so  Green scores 2 points for the road

But the road I just completed is a road that leads to Leipzig so shouldn't I get 6 points for the 6 tiles of the whole Leipzig road?

You score points and bonus points for the road just completed, not the "whole" road connected to Leipzig.

carca82

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 02:25:38 AM »
Yes, you can.
Thank you! We got this right!

You score points and bonus points for the road just completed, not the "whole" road connected to Leipzig.
We definitely got this wrong  ;D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 02:32:10 AM »
Have fun and enjoy!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
New expansion "The market of Leipzig" is coming in autumn!

Started by Christianmocking

114 Replies
Last post January 10, 2018, 03:31:53 AM
by InTheDark
xx
The market of Leipzig

Started by aenima

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2018, 08:34:13 AM
by Just a Bill
clip
[WTG] The Market in Leipzig