Author Topic: JCloisterZone 3.1 (playonline/hostmode)  (Read 22499 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: JCloisterZone 3.1 (playonline/hostmode)
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2015, 04:39:21 AM »
I reproduced this bug in a quick game with "Adda", just with GQ and no other expansion. The game ended with tile count on 2 just the same. I don't consider this bug a big issue, but it can get annoying, if somebody wants to place the abbey on last turn, maybe to check were the best spot regarding the German monasteries is, and then can not place it at all.

Speaking of which: I would rather support a warning message box, if you are going to skip placing the abbey after all tiles have been played. You can argue, that people should watch out, how many tiles there are still to play, but this is a mistake, which will hardly ever occur, when playing actual board game on the table, just like you will never place accidentally a meeple instead of a tower piece on a tower there, an action, which cause a warning on JCZ as well.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:46:23 AM by Hounk, Reason: added screen shot of game ending with counter on two »

Offline mike_bike_kite

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2015, 12:21:54 PM »
Just to say  like the improvements and apologies if these bugs have already been reported:

1) I was occasionally given a tile (a river II piece in one instance and a simple road corner piece) and I wasn't allowed to play it where I wanted to. Other valid squares where highlighted for placement but oddly not the place I wanted to put it. This only happened twice during my game and all other placement was fine.

2) the new version which only shows you valid tile rotations is great but occasionally it starts off with an invalid rotation - if I rotate the tile then only valid rotations are shown from this point.

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2015, 01:10:10 PM »
Oh, that's the point. Great spot Hounk! Thank you.
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline farin

• Duke
  • Merit: 44
  • JCloisterZone maintainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2015, 01:06:30 PM »
thanks for clarification - I never play with greens :) so i didn't catch this tunnel issue. Ticket created, it should be easy fix

2 tiles bug is another ticket recorded on github - btw abbey warning is not bad idea

mike_bike_kite:<
1) sreenshot please. It could be just application rule preventing river to cross
2) It's correct behaviour. Respectivelly I don't kwno how this improve. Rotating to valid position are correct and I can rotate it automatically just on mouse over some valid position (because you can just want to move your mouse to another tile)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2015, 02:50:50 PM »
This happened in the weekly game tonight including "The Tower": Jungleboy draw the base game CCCC and connected it an occupied city. Therefore he could of course not deploy a follower on that tile. However, he wanted to deploy a follower on an existing tower to cap it, and that was as well not possible.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2015, 04:28:56 AM »
This happened in the weekly game tonight including "The Tower": Jungleboy draw the base game CCCC and connected it an occupied city. Therefore he could of course not deploy a follower on that tile. However, he wanted to deploy a follower on an existing tower to cap it, and that was as well not possible.

Just to confirm this: if you place a tile so that there is no possibility of placing a standard follower on that tile, then the option of putting a follower on top of a tower is not available in JCZ, but it should be. 

Offline Safari

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2015, 09:46:54 PM »
Today I found out about another bug (at least I guess it is one): It is not possible to place the phantom as an abbot on a German monastery. Only as normal monk. Still, I'm not sure if there is a rule that denies that or not.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2015, 12:51:35 AM »
Today I found out about another bug (at least I guess it is one): It is not possible to place the phantom as an abbot on a German monastery. Only as normal monk. Still, I'm not sure if there is a rule that denies that or not.

I haven't checked the CAR as I'm late enough for work already, but off the top of my head I'm not aware of any reason why you shouldn't be able to place a phantom as an abbot (although it might not be very good play tactically as you've then lost your phantom for the rest of the game unless it can be captured/ eaten etc)

Offline Safari

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »

I haven't checked the CAR as I'm late enough for work already, but off the top of my head I'm not aware of any reason why you shouldn't be able to place a phantom as an abbot (although it might not be very good play tactically as you've then lost your phantom for the rest of the game unless it can be captured/ eaten etc)
Oh, well. If there are only 5 tiles left to play and you only have the phantom available...  ;D
Sometimes we also place our phantoms as farmers when the game comes to an end.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Fan expansion The Labyrinths for JCloisterZone 5.7.4

Started by Bumsakalaka

6 Replies
Last post May 24, 2022, 05:09:26 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
JCloisterZone Translations

Started by Bumsakalaka

25 Replies
Last post March 09, 2023, 02:11:42 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Help me understand. JCloisterZone weird behaviour or am I missing something?

Started by ac1982

2 Replies
Last post April 10, 2022, 09:02:41 AM
by ac1982
xx
Game on JCloisterZone now?

Started by Rosco

4 Replies
Last post July 25, 2014, 02:02:35 PM
by Rosco
xx
Playing Online with JCloisterZone (JCZ)