Author Topic: Cundco refers to WICA  (Read 865 times)

Offline SailingMeeple

• Freeman
  • Merit: 7
  • All Meeples on Deck!
    • View Profile
Cundco refers to WICA
« on: February 12, 2024, 02:44:10 AM »
Not sure if this has happened before but I just noticed that for the English version of some rules, Cundco refers to the WICA pages! Apparently they've been adding the Rules online for some of the older (C1) mini-expansions. The German versions of the rules are there, but for the English rules of Windroses, Besiegers, and (Little) Houses, you end up on the relevant WICA page. So, to everyone who has worked and is still working on WICA: your work is definitely appreciated! :yellow-meeple:

Rules old mini expansions on Cundco

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6587.0
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 08:28:21 AM by SailingMeeple »

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
Re: Cundco refers to WICA
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 07:14:51 AM »
This is great news! I am also intrigued due to those 4 C1 expansions being featured! Maybe HiG plans to convert to C3 some of them, The Besiegers at least? The rules for some of them are even featured with the C3 logo!
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 50,000+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Matisek

• Freeman
  • Merit: 18
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 12:51:22 AM »
I'm afraid that they won't do it :-\. Neither the school nor the directional roses were remodeled and they are still being sold.
But hope dies last  ^-^

Offline SailingMeeple

• Freeman
  • All Meeples on Deck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 01:42:10 AM »
Maybe HiG plans to convert to C3 some of them, The Besiegers at least? The rules for some of them are even featured with the C3 logo!
Like Matisek, I highly doubt they'll convert these to C3. Especially given that I read somewhere on this forum that permission was given to update certain expansions from C1 to C2 because it was highly unlikely that HiG would be updating them (I'm pretty sure the Besiegers was one of them).

Also, it looks like they're planning to put all the rules online, also from the base game, major expansions, spin-offs, etc.
Will be interesting to see if there will be more references to WICA or if they'll just post the original documents as they were.

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 04:58:14 AM »

Offline SailingMeeple

• Freeman
  • All Meeples on Deck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 06:36:31 AM »
Ah, there's the list! Thanks. Hmm, I wonder why I thought the Besiegers was one of them...
Ah, here it is. It's because on this list, CarcII Artwork Expansions, there's a C2 adaptation of the various Besiegers/Siege/Cathar tiles only it's called the Attackers/Assailants.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 11:58:42 AM »
Not sure if this has happened before but I just noticed that for the English version of some rules, Cundco refers to the WICA pages! Apparently they've been adding the Rules online for some of the older (C1) mini-expansions. The German versions of the rules are there, but for the English rules of Windroses, Besiegers, and (Little) Houses, you end up on the relevant WICA page. So, to everyone who has worked and is still working on WICA: your work is definitely appreciated! :yellow-meeple:

Rules old mini expansions on Cundco

This is the first time that happens. I think that they are just trying to tidy up the Cundco website and remove those expansions that were only listed so the rules could be found somewhere. Unfortunately, they don't have the rules in English for some of them so they resorted to a link to WICA for those cases.

I'ts a pity that they didn't include the Advanced Variant rules for The Labyrinth that was once on there website.

Let's see what they do next.

This is great news! I am also intrigued due to those 4 C1 expansions being featured! Maybe HiG plans to convert to C3 some of them, The Besiegers at least? The rules for some of them are even featured with the C3 logo!

Who knows! The School is not likely to be converted, since they seem to have copies in stock. Anything can happen with the others. There are no written rules about what they will be up to. I'm always looking forward to nice surprises in this regard. ^-^
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Live changes on WICA

Started by NGC 54

0 Replies
Last post November 21, 2022, 08:20:30 AM
by NGC 54
question
Question about river U-Turns (WICA vs Asmodee app)

Started by corinthiens13

6 Replies
Last post May 26, 2021, 02:21:48 PM
by DrMeeple
xx
Better search bar for WICA

Started by NGC 54

0 Replies
Last post February 19, 2023, 03:44:59 AM
by NGC 54
xx
WICA in Romanian