Author Topic: Finished some new tuckboxes.. and my collection!  (Read 9633 times)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: Finished some new tuckboxes.. and my collection!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2022, 03:55:50 PM »
I love seeing all my boxes still in use. I never ended up making ones for the last few Carcassonne 1 expansions, or for things like the scoring tiles. Are you planning on sharing your files? I'd love to print them out.

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2022, 03:55:26 AM »
I love seeing all my boxes still in use. I never ended up making ones for the last few Carcassonne 1 expansions, or for things like the scoring tiles. Are you planning on sharing your files? I'd love to print them out.

Here's the first batch of boxes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4SM1-y3YepiV1BVX3NiMElGV1E/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-K8R-Lb5mplrFS3ODoPhHMw
And the recent link for the pnp expansions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CAm3wsXps8FncgL_eSadZwit-r6OTYv-/view?usp=sharing

All credit, and a big thanks, goes to Whaleyland for the designs - it's fair to say without them I'd be struggling to fit everything into the box.

edit: updated the links, you should hopefully not need to request permission now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 11:35:23 AM by ooh_jim »

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2022, 03:19:21 AM »
Hello ooh_jim, thank you for sending the files. I may go back at some point and do a few more of my own that could help address some of the issues you brought up. Even though I really like the Corn Circles, Tunnels & Plague box, I'd like to create a Pentagon box for Tunnels, Plague, The Cult, and Halflings II. At the same time, I may revise the Corn Circles II box to fit both versions since they have the same watermarks.

On a related note, could you send me your edit files for your first batch of boxes? I printed the sheets out at 100% but they still seem to be too small for some reason. They are taller than they should be and not deep enough to fit all the tiles in the expansion while leaving room to extract them. Right now, it's like all the expansions are wearing tights and I am afraid to damage them pulling them out. Considering some of the expansions are worth over $100, I'd prefer to not damage them.  :-\

I have a goal to someday recreate all the boxes in Illustrator, which should fix the graphical errors that are present in the current editions, but it will take a lot of time that I simply don't have. When/if I do, I will certainly upload them all here.

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2022, 07:00:37 PM »
@ooh_jim
Thank you so much for your beautiful tuck boxes  ^-^
If I understand correctly, these are based on a tuckbox collection from whaleyland?

Do you also provided here a download link of all tuckboxes from you (e.g. base game, big expansions....) - or am I missing something?

@Whaleyland
The original tuckboxes are from you, if I have understood everything correctly: very impressive Tuckboxes!  :yellow-meeple:
Is your original tuckbox collection available for download here?

@ooh_jim & @Whaleyland
If I leave the credits on the tuckboxes, would you allow me to translate the boxes into German, i.e. edit them?
I can edit that directly in the PDF, though if available the original files maybe that would be a bit easier.

Thanks a lot & Best greetings!
 :neutral-meeple:
I'm looking for:
● Carcassonne shopdisplays (esp.dicegame.+ Minis ger.)
● Carcassonne Στα Κάστρα του Μυστρά (2002) Greek first edition
● Carcassonne - chinese Sur knight kings editions
● ETCOC / WTCOC 2020 commemorative tiles
& more -> https://ibb.co/cCcm4SB

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2022, 05:20:17 AM »
I have no issue with the boxes being translated - I'll see if I can find the original office documents for you both.

Offline gamgeefan2

• Duke
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2022, 05:46:03 PM »

And the recent link for the pnp expansions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CAm3wsXps8FncgL_eSadZwit-r6OTYv-/view?usp=sharing

@ooh_jim, are you willing to share the source graphics for the Easter box?  I'd like to create a single-wide box instead of double-tile wide, unless you've already created that version and can share.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 05:35:26 AM by gamgeefan2, Reason: Correcting request to ooh_jim not Whaleyland »

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2022, 05:53:33 PM »
The Easter box is all ooh_jim's. I never made boxes for fan expansions. In any case, all my source files are on Apple Pages and I don't believe they open properly anymore, which is a personal annoyance. I am half tempted to remake all of these in Illustrator so they are of a higher, more consistent quality, but I simply don't have the time.

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2022, 05:25:39 PM »
I have no issue with the boxes being translated - I'll see if I can find the original office documents for you both.

Thank you very much!

Could you please also provide the tuckboxes for base game and major expansions or a complete package tuckboxes.

The Easter box is all ooh_jim's. I never made boxes for fan expansions. In any case, all my source files are on Apple Pages and I don't believe they open properly anymore, which is a personal annoyance. I am half tempted to remake all of these in Illustrator so they are of a higher, more consistent quality, but I simply don't have the time.

i.e. your original Tuckboxes collection is no longer available for download - or only the source files?

Anyway, thanks for your beautiful boxes.

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2022, 11:12:08 AM »
Here's a link to the editable files of the boxes I designed.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xUHFktNpx9k_0txW2oJuQI7SBMIF3gtU?usp=drive_link *

edit: Whaleyland, I rememeber managing to convert your pages file to a microsoft document, but I've had a check and I don't think I have a copy of either anymore I'm afraid.

*edit 2024: I've been doing a little spring cleaning and moved all of the files over to another Google account. If you're struggling to find them, try this link.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 08:17:50 AM by ooh_jim »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Get the Abbott back when a Cloister is finished?

Started by IrrationalDesign

8 Replies
Last post December 23, 2017, 06:58:15 AM
by IrrationalDesign
smiley
WTS multiple C1 expansions and some meeples and accessories

Started by corinthiens13

11 Replies
Last post December 06, 2021, 01:38:55 AM
by corinthiens13
xx
Some notes/questions on the "Hunters and Gatherers" spin off