Author Topic: Phantom/Fairy interaction  (Read 7845 times)

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
Phantom/Fairy interaction
« on: July 21, 2014, 03:56:53 AM »
The CAR seems pretty clear that a player could move the fairy and then play the phantom. I can see that this might be the correct interpretation. But I am not entirely sure.

The reason for my concern is that AFAIK the wording is different for the fairy than for other "move wood" actions. Most of the rules state that you can "do X instead of placing a follower". For the fairy the wording is "If the player does not deploy....". I would have thought that this different language also applies to the phantom.

I think it would be nice if the CAR was correct on this as the fairy needs all the love she can get.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=896.0
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:58:52 AM by asparagus »

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
Re: Phantom/Fairy interaction
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:42:28 AM »
Your interpretation is correct, per the official clarification in footnote 384, page 125 of CAR v. 7.0:

Question: Does the phantom have to be second to a true follower, or can it be placed in
addition to a non-follower piece? Answer: The phantom may also be placed as a second piece in
addition to the builder, pig, or any other “move the wood” piece such as movement of the fairy or
placement of a tower piece.

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
Re: Phantom/Fairy interaction
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
Your interpretation is correct, per the official clarification in footnote 384, page 125 of CAR v. 7.0:

Question: Does the phantom have to be second to a true follower, or can it be placed in
addition to a non-follower piece? Answer: The phantom may also be placed as a second piece in
addition to the builder, pig, or any other “move the wood” piece such as movement of the fairy or
placement of a tower piece.

Yes I see now, thanks.

I notice that there is however such an interaction between the princess and the phantom which is documented at the princess end of the turn order. Footnote 386

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Fairy / Messengers interaction

Started by FireDoor

3 Replies
Last post August 15, 2020, 03:26:24 AM
by FireDoor
xx
Interaction of Magic portal and Fliers

Started by Snowmax

3 Replies
Last post July 08, 2020, 02:47:30 PM