Author Topic: Playing a game with 2 copies of the same expansion  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
Re: Playing a game with 2 copies of the same expansion
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 01:34:24 PM »
Nice game @carca82 thanks for sharing.

It's no different from playing 2 different games in a row. I guess it depends on the group, my friends always want the game to be over whenever it lasts more than 1 and half hours.

You are very very wrong on this one. Leaving aside the reasons already stated above, would you rather have one win in 3h game or three wins in 1h games 8)

I've played multiple games with doubled and tripled expansions and they can be great, but can also be horrible, depends on expansions used. flashbacks from tripple gold mines  intensifies

Well, the beauty of board games is that you can make whatever house rule you want, so you can try it out  :)

Exactly that! And beauty of Carcassonne lays in the tiles. You can use just the tiles without expansions rules to add variety and extend it a bit more.
Completed: Robber's Son | Gambler's Luck | Vistas Revisited | First Wells | The Flying Machines 2
WIP: The Occult Tower | Binding Deed | Wandering Preachers | City Gates Rebuilt | New King's Orders

Offline Drodo

• Duke
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Playing a game with 2 copies of the same expansion
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2022, 02:35:22 PM »
If in your group everyone is a die hard Carcassonne  fan and they have time, I guess a double set game wouldn't be so bad.

In my experience, though, after 1 hour of playing most people just want the game to be over already, and if there's time, play a different game afterwards like Catan or Stone Age. In the rare case that people want to play a more competitive and longer game, they ask me to add a few expansions. Each extra 6 tiles expansion adds around 15 minutes to the game session.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Playing a game with 3 copies of the same "expansion"

Started by carca82

2 Replies
Last post August 17, 2022, 12:23:06 PM
by kothmann
xx
A few "the plague" copies found

Started by txema25

9 Replies
Last post May 09, 2017, 11:56:05 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
Was the C1 version of Hills and Sheeps printed in like 10 copies or what?

Started by carca82

9 Replies
Last post October 01, 2022, 12:35:38 PM
by carca82
xx
How to play with two copies of Carcassonne Mists? (Help)

Started by Meles

4 Replies
Last post October 22, 2023, 09:46:37 AM
by Meles
xx
King/Barron scoring on same size cities

Started by pigskinlover

7 Replies
Last post October 08, 2015, 03:46:46 PM
by Hounk