Author Topic: Complete list of every unique piece of Carcassonne ever published  (Read 5102 times)

carca82

Re: Complete list of every unique piece of Carcassonne ever published
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2022, 09:00:28 AM »
Just finished organizing my collection in its current state, after retrieving A LOT of infos from the infamous Collections and Expansions page:

Since I've spent the whole Saturday doing this I'm also sharing the results with you, just because  :)
I basically listed each and every "piece" of content from every Carcassonne container I own. Then I put everything in a table so now I can promptly answer useless questions like "How many red meeples do I own? And where are they exactly?".

Yeah I know I need a life but I'm waiting for the postman to deliver eleven (11) new more Carcagoodies... I can't afford to have a life  O0

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2022, 04:10:31 PM »
Ahhhh! What a delightful picture and what a magnificent set of Excel tables summarizing everything. Hope the experience was somewahat rewarding after listing everything under your belt.

Congrats!!!
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • Merit: 3
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2022, 02:04:30 AM »
Just finished organizing my collection in its current state, after retrieving A LOT of infos from the infamous Collections and Expansions page:

Since I've spent the whole Saturday doing this I'm also sharing the results with you, just because  :)
I basically listed each and every "piece" of content from every Carcassonne container I own. Then I put everything in a table so now I can promptly answer useless questions like "How many red meeples do I own? And where are they exactly?".

Yeah I know I need a life but I'm waiting for the postman to deliver eleven (11) new more Carcagoodies... I can't afford to have a life  O0
Bello, complimenti

carca82

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2022, 07:17:44 AM »
I have a doubt about Crop Circles.

The Collections and Expansions page lists Crop Circles I as an unboxed expansions, but the related page specifies there's actually two versions of the expansion:
  • Crop Circles I (standalone expansion in punchout format)
  • Crop Circles II (tiles included in the other minis, one each)
Now, it seems to me the tiles from I and II are exactly the same, with no difference whatsoever. Can anyone confirm this? Since my goal is to get one version for every piece of content, it's quite important to me so I know if I'm already satisfied as I am right now or if I have to dive deeper and look around for the punchout  ;D

Offline Maiday

• Freeman
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2022, 07:25:33 AM »
I have a doubt about Crop Circles.

The Collections and Expansions page lists Crop Circles I as an unboxed expansions, but the related page specifies there's actually two versions of the expansion:
  • Crop Circles I (standalone expansion in punchout format)
  • Crop Circles II (tiles included in the other minis, one each)
Now, it seems to me the tiles from I and II are exactly the same, with no difference whatsoever. Can anyone confirm this? Since my goal is to get one version for every piece of content, it's quite important to me so I know if I'm already satisfied as I am right now or if I have to dive deeper and look around for the punchout  ;D

The tiles are different and can be found at

https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Crop_Circles_(1st_edition)

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2022, 07:27:21 AM »
Unfortunately Crop Circles I is different and very hard to come by.

Good luck, prices on BGG range from 150-250 euros for the six tiles.

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2022, 07:28:46 AM »
They are not the same!!!
CCI has tiles with a different layout and has been included in special editions of german base game and also at CundCo at one time.
CCII is collected from the 6 minis from 2012 or from BB4 (in C1 at least). You can find tile differences on wica.

carca82

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2022, 08:02:13 AM »
Oh boy, I completed missed out on the tiles configuration... let's dive deeper then...

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2022, 08:12:19 AM »
CC 2 is not listed on the C&E page, as it was never released as a standalone expansion.
As said, it was only available through collecting the 6 C1 mini's, or in BB4, and for C2 in BB6 and C3 in BB7
The rules are the same though.
So I guess that could be considered missing from the C&E page  ;D
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

carca82

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2022, 08:57:04 AM »
So I guess that could be considered missing from the C&E page  ;D
I don't think it's missing. I think it's correct that it's not listed in the C&E page. Maybe the best thing is to rename Crop Circles I into Crop Circles, since that page talks about both I and II, what do you think?

In other news, now I want to play a game with base game + FOUR crop circles expansions, the three IIs I already own and the I that I still have to get... if I aver manage to do that  ;D

« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 08:58:47 AM by carca82 »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2022, 01:04:33 PM »
Intristing is, that FFFF tile changed - added Watertower. Something is comming for them, finaly?
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2022, 01:15:09 PM »
Intristing is, that FFFF tile changed - added Watertower. Something is comming for them, finaly?

Watertowers, but no besiegers... Why not both? :(
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline lr

• Duke
  • Merit: 2
  • Carcassonne player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2022, 01:18:39 PM »
It will be for the C IV version in a few years... ^-^

carca82

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2022, 02:18:38 PM »
Ok I have yet another question. I own the following box, and I saved it as "Base Game C1" in my collection.

But I just noticed that the Collections & Expansions page includes a "Basegame with river" piece in the "Limited editions" section... and this indeed *is* the basegame with rivers. Then I noticed that the box image for this version is included - Italian column - for both the Base Game row ("2nd edition Venice Connection") AND the Basegame with river one ("Venice Connection").

So... how should I consider this one? Now I think I should save this box as "Basegame with river" instead, and look for a version of the Base game without the river...  O:-)

I hope I explained my doubt clearly. Keep in mind that my goal is to own one every piece of Carcassonne (no matter the version) and I'm using the C&E page as reference.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2022, 03:38:24 PM »
We've put the base games with river with their own row as well, but it is also part of the "normal" run of C1 base games.
This older Italian one stands fairly by himself, but for example RGG included the river in their 3rd edition, then not in their 4th edition, and then back in their 5th edition (of the top of my head)

So base games with river expansion are listed twice indeed.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Complete list of Carcassonne game components?

Started by SRBO

19 Replies
Last post May 03, 2016, 02:35:27 AM
by Clownfeet
xx
Complete List of Carcassonne Elements

Started by Whaleyland

4 Replies
Last post November 04, 2014, 03:38:21 AM
by Whaleyland
xx
Unique Carcassonne merchandise found in a Swedish store.

Started by Paul

4 Replies
Last post November 10, 2014, 11:14:02 AM
by Paul
xx
Does anyone have a complete list of all expansions?

Started by robnhill

3 Replies
Last post January 24, 2022, 02:46:20 PM
by corinthiens13
xx
Published (official) English rules

Started by Murphy013

4 Replies
Last post August 18, 2020, 08:34:23 AM
by Murphy013