Carc Central Community > The Marketplace

FYI: The Board Game Geek market place is closing from Sept 1st.

<< < (2/4) > >>

gamgeefan2:
Thanks so much!  Merit from me.

DIN0:
You are a hero Wilem! +1 merit and thank you.

With that out of the way, I think announcing the shutdown less than a month before its realization was a very dubious decision.

The-Edge:
This is what Scott Alden wrote on the post. He's an admin at bgg.

As we announced previously, we are shutting down the Classic GeekMarket. It was not an easy decision, and I was personally gutted. Over the last few days, we’ve read your suggestions and spent a lot of time discussing how we could retain at least some of the utility of GeekMarket. We think we have a sustainable solution. We’re not ready to share all of the details, but essentially the plan is, with some tweaks, to turn GeekMarket into a classifieds system.

Please give us some time to work on this; we are still ironing out the details and will have answers to your questions soon. In the meantime, though, we were not happy with how the game-specific Flea Market forums were evolving, and we intend to remove them entirely tomorrow, along with any posts. I apologize, but with only a few days of posts, it shouldn’t be too much of a loss.

Meepledrone:
Is he referring to all the speculation going on for retired items?

Decar:
Thanks for telling us about this egmar.

Interesting they didn't like the FleaMarket posts; I thought they said they were happy with them in the shutdown post.  Seems like they can't have it both ways.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version