Author Topic: Barns Farmers and Pigs  (Read 1504 times)

Offline RubyDoo

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Barns Farmers and Pigs
« on: June 27, 2022, 12:00:17 AM »
If the blue player has a farmer and pig and the red player has a farmer on the same field. When a barn is placed on that field does the pig score any points.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5990.0

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Barns Farmers and Pigs
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 01:56:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum, @RubyDoo !

Blue will receive +1 point per completed city or per castle in the field when the barn is placed.

So, for example:
* Blue will receive 4 points per completed city and 5 points per castle (Blue pig --> 1 extra point per feature)
* Red will receive 3 points per completed city and 4 points per castle (no Red pig --> no extra points)

Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 03:48:21 AM »
You might also be interested in this thread at BGG:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/326278/did-we-play-barn-correctly:
It *almost* sounds like the barn breaks the game.

See also Element of the week: Barns (great series by @Whaleyland) for a variety of opinions about Barns.

And welcome to the Forum!

Offline RubyDoo

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 04:22:16 AM »
If the blue player has a farmer and pig and the red player has a farmer on the same field. When a barn is placed on that field does the pig score any points.

Thanks you everyone so far. We had a hotly contested game last night (they mostly are!) and came to a draw. I was feeling that I had missed out as my 'pig' points were disallowed which I thought was the wrong decision so decided I needed to investigate ! Really appreciating your answers and clarifications.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 05:35:21 AM »

Thanks you everyone so far. We had a hotly contested game last night (they mostly are!) and came to a draw. I was feeling that I had missed out as my 'pig' points were disallowed which I thought was the wrong decision so decided I needed to investigate ! Really appreciating your answers and clarifications.

Funny fact is, when joining two fields where one has Barn and second has farmer, you are able to place pig to field and then you get extra points.

But this other situation, not placing Barn, but join field to field with Barn.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 06:26:59 AM »

Funny fact is, when joining two fields where one has Barn and second has farmer, you are able to place pig to field and then you get extra points.

But this other situation, not placing Barn, but join field to field with Barn.

In this scenario, if the barn is added by connecting fields, the scoring goes as follows:
* Blue would receive 2 points per completed city and 3 points per castle (Blue pig --> 1 extra point per feature)
* Red would receive 1 point per completed city and 2 points per castle (no Red pig --> no extra points)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Farmers, Pigs, and Barns

Started by PapaGeek

12 Replies
Last post October 01, 2021, 05:22:21 AM
by kothmann
question
The Pigs & The Barns – Element Match-Ups #19

Started by Whaleyland

3 Replies
Last post January 31, 2016, 02:32:43 AM
by Hounk
xx
Why can't you capture pigs and builders with a tower?

Started by joe_abbot

3 Replies
Last post January 06, 2023, 08:21:44 AM
by kothmann
xx
Pigs and Pig herd tile

Started by cidervampire

4 Replies
Last post December 18, 2022, 06:05:05 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Messenger - Score a follower and remove it from the board - 2 farmers