Author Topic: My 2nd edition is ALMOST completed... or is it?  (Read 2723 times)

ac1982

My 2nd edition is ALMOST completed... or is it?
« on: March 16, 2022, 01:41:28 PM »
Following the list used on Wikicarpedia, I've been trying to collect every piece of Carcassone 2nd edition for some months now and I've ALMOST completed my collection... just in time for the 3rd edition to show up  ;D  I just wanted to ask for a couple of hints/confirmations about things I don't already have from that list:
  • 20th Anniversary Expansion
  • 20th Anniversary River
These are both things included in the 20th Anniversary box, right?
  • Japanese Buildings
Where the HECK do I find these? It's not even in the list of the rarest pieces from this very forum, but I can't find them anywhere... except for an ebay listing... for USD99! I do love Carcassone but I'm not spending 90€ + shipping fees for six tiles  ;D
  • Spiel Promos
This is the only "expansion" I can do without, so I'm just wondering how many of you have these? Outside Germany I mean!
  • Cutcassonne
Couldn't find a link anywhere... i didn't even understand if this is free or not.

Thank you!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5835.0

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
Re: My 2nd edition is ALMOST completed... or is it?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 02:23:00 PM »
20th Anniversary Expansions and River are included with the 20th Anniversary Edition and these are C3, not C2.

I don't have Japanese buildings either. They came out slightly before C2 but are in C2 style.

I have three Spiel promos thanks to kettlefish. If I can I'd like to get them, but they're rare.

Cutcassonne is something that is available in December the last few years. It may be available again this December.

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • Merit: 3
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 02:31:17 PM »
I’ve Japanese Buildings and every Spiel tile but the 2015. I don’t know how I could have missed that one.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 04:00:16 PM »
Japanese buildings was indeed one of the first things in C2 that came out, before the art change was fully over and done. Interesting times...

It came bundled with the Japanese Base Game, although HiG also decided to release it as standalone expansion, beating the Japanese publisher Möbius to it.
So if you can find a Japanese base game, there's your Japanese buildings (no, don't. They are maybe even harder to get and even more expensive these days. So unless you have a contact in Japan, don't worry about m)
Last year (or was it the year before?), the Japanese buildings were actually also available in the Cundco Easter sale. That sold out quickly.

Spiel tiles are also best found through Cundco. After Spiel, they usually have some available for sale, although they run out quickly (last year it was less than a day I seem to remember). So they are available to get outside of Germany, but you have to be fast. In terms of finding older Spiel tiles, that can be tricky due to the fact that it's mainly collectors who buy them, so they don't come up for sale too often, and the Spiel 14-17 tiles have been quite pricey!
Since 2017 I think I got all mine through Cundco. 14-16 I've been able to get through this forum. I remember the great big bundle that Halfling got from Germany, which I got 14&15 from for example. My set of them is complete, although I rarely play them.

Cutcassonne is part of a little cardboard box that HiG/Cundco use for bundle sales. In the last few years, it has been what their Advent bundle was packed in. Perhaps it will come around again in December, as Scott mentioned
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 04:25:55 PM »
(last year it was less than a day I seem to remember)
Yeah, I think it ran out of stock in like 10 hours or something close to it...

Offline gamgeefan2

• Duke
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 05:41:14 PM »
Cutcassonne has been on the bottom of the Christmas bundle box for multiple years (since 2014?).  I found a forum member who had bought the bundle more than once and didn't want their extra box, so was willing to mail internationally to me (cut to just the tile portions to save on postage).  Maybe there are more extras out there?
Cutcassonne is part of a little cardboard box that HiG/Cundco use for bundle sales. In the last few years, it has been what their Advent bundle was packed in. Perhaps it will come around again in December, as Scott mentioned
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 06:35:15 PM by gamgeefan2, Reason: clarify »

Offline gamgeefan2

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 06:34:04 PM »
Do you know if there are plans on Wikicarpedia to break out Carc3 "Newest Edition" from Carc2 "New Edition" now that HiG seems to have adopted the distinction too?
20th Anniversary Expansions and River are included with the 20th Anniversary Edition and these are C3, not C2.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 08:03:43 PM »
Do you know if there are plans on Wikicarpedia to break out Carc3 "Newest Edition" from Carc2 "New Edition" now that HiG seems to have adopted the distinction too?
I’m not part of the team that runs that, so I don’t know. It would make sense to me to make the distinction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 01:17:06 AM »
now that HiG seems to have adopted the distinction too?
Where have they adopoted it?

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2022, 03:02:13 AM »
They've announced the new base game and BB7 as being Carcassonne V3.
On the box of the base game they even made a small comparison between C1, C2 and C3

ac1982

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2022, 05:15:25 AM »
Is this true? I thought only the new edition of the base game (the one with the new font and cover image) was already C3.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 05:58:37 AM »
Yes, I would say 20th anniversary is more C3 than C2.
It came out before the C3 was a thing with HiG, but following the logic of graphic design, it was done with inputs from Marcel Gröber.
It has the busier cities, etc
As the tiles have the UV print and extra decorations, it could be seen as something standalone, but I'd say at its base it's C3

Offline OneEyedOwl

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • Based in Germany, at the Swiss border
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2022, 08:04:22 AM »
I'd consider the 20th anniversary to be a special version of C3. Same design of the walls, clipped buildings that go to the end of the Tile, etc. But the additional glossy Printing makes it somewhat different from the regular C3. It's a special edition after all (is that one word?).
No interest in 1st edition, but glad to help anyone looking for them. If you see something on ebay-kleinanzeigen.de and need someone to ship to your country, hit me up ^^

Offline gamgeefan2

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2022, 08:19:59 AM »
now that HiG seems to have adopted the distinction too?
Where have they adopoted it?
Here - https://www.hans-im-glueck.de/news/Carcassonneversion3.html.

ac1982

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2022, 02:05:35 AM »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB: Bridges, Castles & Bazaars (ZMG English 2nd Edition)

Started by Scott

9 Replies
Last post January 26, 2022, 11:48:12 PM
by Scott
xx
WikiCarpedia - German Cathedrals 2nd edition

Started by Bumsakalaka

27 Replies
Last post March 28, 2021, 01:13:06 AM
by Meepledrone
clip
Markets of Leipzig - Multiple roads completed