Author Topic: Where did you get that scoreboard‽  (Read 2081 times)

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Where did you get that scoreboard‽
« on: February 19, 2022, 02:31:05 AM »
Quote from: Decar
Based on the awesome work of Scott: My Artscow Scoreboards

Where did you buy this scoreboard???  :o Is there a C1 version??  >:D

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5769.0
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 05:25:49 AM by Decar »
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
Re: Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 07:38:11 AM »
Everything that arrived yesterday was from either ArtsCow or CowCow.

Meepledrone made the file for the mini C2 score track: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=597

I ordered it as a mousepad. Since the score track is smaller than a mousepad, the rest of the mousepad was white. You can cut those parts away with scissors.

If you want a C1 version, you would need to find or make a scan of the C1 track, size it down as needed, upload to ArtsCow, get a mousepad, trim the excess...

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 11:01:51 AM »
Wow! I thought was an original scoreboard on cardboard... I will wait for that on C1 maybe on etsy someone will do it soon...  :yellow-meeple:

Offline smbusa

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 10:23:06 PM »
Where did you get the 100-point C2 score track?

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 10:48:38 PM »
Where did you get the 100-point C2 score track?
Snearone made it for me. It’s in the downloads section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline smbusa

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 01:36:49 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 01:50:00 AM »
Congrats on yout first posts, @smbusa.

You can find the C2 100-point scoreboard here:
https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=618
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 04:57:34 AM »

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=618

It will be a C1 version??  >:D

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 06:48:47 AM »

There is also a C1 version in the downloads section, but the quality is not as good.

Offline smbusa

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 12:07:08 PM »

There is also a C1 version in the downloads section, but the quality is not as good.

Is there a thread on exactly how you take these wonderful downloads, whether for this scoring track or for the fan expansions, and actually turn them into usable tiles or score tracks?  I know you can purchase blank tiles from Cundco but then what?  Specifically, what quality printer do you need?  What do you print them on?  How do you get them to adhere to the tiles?

I admire the creativity and talents of the many contributors to this site.  I would very much like to utilize what has been generously shared with the community by these contributors.  I just don't know how to make that happen.  Any guidance/recommendations/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2022, 12:28:53 PM »
Is there a thread on exactly how you take these wonderful downloads, whether for this scoring track or for the fan expansions, and actually turn them into usable tiles or score tracks?  I know you can purchase blank tiles from Cundco but then what?  Specifically, what quality printer do you need?  What do you print them on?  How do you get them to adhere to the tiles?

I admire the creativity and talents of the many contributors to this site.  I would very much like to utilize what has been generously shared with the community by these contributors.  I just don't know how to make that happen.  Any guidance/recommendations/advice would be greatly appreciated.

In the case of the scoring track, I went with mousepad material, so my contribution is merely uploading the artwork to a company that does the printing for me. Here is what I ordered for the 100-point score track: https://www.inkedgaming.com/products/custom-16-x-10

For the mini scoring track, I used a Chinese supplier: http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/mousepad/large-mousepad-160. Some trimming was required to get rid of the excess material, which can be done with scissors.

For tiles, you can order blank tiles directly from Cundco, which makes life very easy. I print the artwork on full sheet mailing labels (Avery 05625) so that I don't need to worry about pre-cut seams. I fit as many things onto a sheet as possible, print it out on a regular colour printer, cut with scissors, and then you can stick to the blank side of the tiles because label paper is self-adhesive.

For anything other than square tiles, some mini-expansions from Cundco come with a chipboard backing which is the same thickness as tiles, so I used that for Land Surveyors and extra tollbooth tokens. As above, I print the artwork on full sheet mailing labels (Avery 05625) so that I don't need to worry about pre-cut seams. I fit as many things onto a sheet as possible, and print it out on a regular colour printer. Cutting the label sheet with scissors is next, but you don't need to cut perfectly at this point. I cut the label sheet into rows, because that helped me to fit the letter-sized sheet onto two separate and smaller pieces of chipboard. Once the labels are adhered to the chipboard, I cut the tokens out using a very ordinary utility knife (aka box cutter). I do my cutting on a self-healing mat (they are usually green with a grid pattern on them, and come in a few sizes) so that I don't have to worry about damaging anything. With the first cut, I'm just barely cutting into the surface to create a groove in the material. On subsequent cuts, I'll push harder and let the groove guide the blade of the knife. For straight cuts, I use a metal ruler to line up and guide the knife. (Never use a plastic ruler.) You can use some fine-grit sandpaper to clean up the edges a bit when you're done.

The other thing that I've made is tuckboxes. These are made on a regular colour printer using 110lb cardstock (easily available from your local office supply store). I cut them out with scissors and use a quick-drying white glue from the craft store. Apply a small amount, press together, hold for 30 seconds or so. Sometimes I'll allow 30 to 60 minutes for the glue to set before moving on, other times I'll proceed to gluing up other parts of the box (when multiple gluing steps are required for certain box designs). I always allow 30 to 60 minutes for all the glue to dry before I put anything in the box.

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2022, 12:54:00 PM »

Have a look in the Crafter's Guild section of the Forum. There have been posts over the years on the different ways in which members
  • print out tiles direct onto sheets of blank tiles using a large commercial printer (such as those who print mousemats)
  • print direct onto individual tiles using a modified CD
  • print onto self-adhesive sheets (as Scott describes above)
  • print whole tile sheets onto semi-gloss inkjet paper, which is then cut into individual tiles, and are then spray-glued onto the blank tiles (my approach)
  • print scoretracks and glue them onto photo mount card (2-3mm) or heavier card stock
  • etc. etc.
There are also topics discussing ways to create round tokens and many other crafty things.

Some print out the tile sheets included with the rules documents (as they come) or transfer them onto their own print sheets using something like Photoshop or similar graphics software (to cram more tiles onto each sheet - I work with a 5x4 grid for A4, but I could just about manage 6x4)

I use a home inkjet printer (which is more than adequate quality) while others may have access to higher-quality colour laser printing, sometimes even through commercial outlets. I use photo quality inkjet paper with the printer set to Best Quality, as I found any plain paper gave me "muddy" prints due to ink bleed. The paper is a bit thicker than ideal, but the only thinner paper I found was only suitable for laser printers. My suspicion was that labels would tend more towards a muddy appearance.

For some things, like tokens, dividers, or non-gaming tile material I have used some high gloss paper (as I had it and wasn't using it for anything else).

There is no right way. It may depend on what you have access to, and your confidence level in using the tools.

Welcome to the Forum, smbusa, and good luck!

W.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 02:15:07 PM by wolnic »
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline smbusa

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2022, 04:51:05 PM »
Thank you Scott and Wolnic for the information.  Wolnic, when I was referring to the fan expansions, I was specifically thinking of several of your own.  I would really love to one day have them in our Carcassonne games!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2022, 03:45:45 AM »
If you haven't seen this listing of C2 fan expansions maintained by Wolnic, please have a look.

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3748.0

Offline smbusa

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2022, 01:23:29 PM »
If you haven't seen this listing of C2 fan expansions maintained by Wolnic, please have a look.

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3748.0

I have seen it and they are great.  I very much would like several of them but I especially like Bountiful Harvest and Wells II.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Did you get nice score as I do?

Started by Bumsakalaka

4 Replies
Last post June 25, 2020, 01:32:14 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Can you get Message when you get negative points?

Started by Bumsakalaka

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2022, 10:49:21 PM
by Scott
xx
What did you play last year? (2013 Edition)

Started by Bixby

15 Replies
Last post January 10, 2014, 06:04:18 PM
by AlbinoAsian
xx
What did you play last year? (2014 Edition)

Started by Bixby

6 Replies
Last post January 03, 2015, 12:46:17 AM
by kettlefish
question
What games did you enjoy at UK games expo (or other games convention)?

Started by asparagus

4 Replies
Last post June 09, 2016, 02:27:25 AM
by asparagus