Poll

When completing two or more roads connected to Leipzig and we send a meeple from one of them to the Wainwrights quarter, besides the road sending the meeple to Leipzig if it has at least 2 meeples, which other roads can get the Wainwrights quarter bonus?

A. None in this turn (the Wainwrights quarter bonus is received this turn as an edge case)
2 (15.4%)
B. All other roads in this turn (the Wainwrights quarter bonus is received immediately this turn)
2 (15.4%)
C. Only those scored after sending the meeple to Leipzig (scoring order is important)
8 (61.5%)
D. Another option. Please explain.
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Markets of Leipzig - Multiple roads completed  (Read 3653 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Markets of Leipzig - Multiple roads completed
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2022, 06:21:09 PM »
Sorry, but in the German rule is no problem.
You can only score a road if you have the majority onto it. It is a base rule from the base game.

The German rule says (2nd sentence) "Für den anderen Meeple..." We use only one other Meeple (but we know there could be more than only a 2nd meeple"

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2022, 06:36:55 PM »
1) On completed roads connected to Leipzig, those players with the majority may send a meeple at the beginning of 3. Scoring a feature to establish the new configuration of Leipzig bonused for this turn.
Yes
2) After that, you reevaluate the majority and perform the scoring as usual, but considering the new situation in Leipzig for any bonuses to be granted.
Yes.
With our previous assumptions, a meeple on a road connected to Leipzig with the fairy assigned to it, could get the fairy bonus before going to Leipzig, that is, meeples where sent to Leipzig after scoring (so the bonus was effective the next turn).
The 1 fairy point takes place at the beginning of your turn before 1. place a tile
With this update, it seems that meeples are sent to Leipzig before the scoring actually starts (although the majority is computed twice), so the Leipzig bonus effect is immediate. If so, there is no edge case... Roads with one meeple cannot score any points for the road or the Wainwrights quarter bonus when sending that meeple to Leipzig because there is no meeple left to score the road.
Yes
I didn't understand your "edge case" - I never saw this in any rule books.
Does this make sense?
Yes, olny this result makes sense.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 06:40:34 PM by kettlefish »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2022, 06:41:52 PM »
The voting question - I can't answer it with voting.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 06:44:02 PM by kettlefish »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2022, 02:28:39 AM »
Two comments:
* I was referring to the fairy 3-point scoring bonus for the completed road. Sorry if I was to sparse.
* The edge case is a generalization of what you are explaining. I elaborate a bit more:
   1) Players decide what meeples go to Leipzig (meeples eligible: those on completed roads connected to Leipzig where the player has the majority)
   2) Players remove those meeples and place them in Leipzig (These meeple do not score points or receive any bonuses).
   3) Scoring takes place as usual now by considering the majority after removing the meeples sent to Leipzig and the updated situation in Leipzig.

The voting question - I can't answer it with voting.

As far as I understand your option is B, since the Wainwrights bonus would be activated right before scoring and it would apply to all your roads.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 02:39:18 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline OneEyedOwl

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • Based in Germany, at the Swiss border
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2022, 03:13:17 AM »
I think that all features should be scored at the same time, because they all are completed at the same time.

This should be the default situation, but this cannot be always the case if you involve robbers, the teacher or batthouses. Scorings have to be done in a given order so players decide what points are stolen by robbers on the scoreboard or recieved by the teacher, or the meeples going to empty bathhouses.

Aren't the rules quite clear regarding those circumstances?
Robbers, Castles etc: Simultaneous scoring, Person gets to decide what score to take
Should extend to School

The bathhouses are an edge case but it specifically mentions the active player (by the usage of a relative pronoun) chooses in which turn the scoring happens
(which, in my opinion, is a really bad wording for "choose which meeple get sent to the bathhouses")

or is there something I am missing?
No interest in 1st edition, but glad to help anyone looking for them. If you see something on ebay-kleinanzeigen.de and need someone to ship to your country, hit me up ^^

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2022, 03:37:12 AM »
The issue is that HiG releases a lot of expansions focusing on the base game and not on their interactions or compaibility...

We are trying to find ways to make them coexist peacefully.

The issue about "who decides the order of scoring" has ben dangling around for a few years. You only have snippets of what is expected by each expansion:
* Robbers:
   - Each player scoring points decides the order they will be scoring theit points (in order to decide which points robbers can steal).
   - Robbers will steal points from one of the scoring figures on the same space, so the first scoring is key.
* The School:
   - Each player will decide the order of scoring of their features if scoring for more than one.
   - The player with the teacher will choose one between the first scoring of each player.
* The Barber-Surgeons:
   - If multiple scoring involving one meeple take place, the active player decides the order of the scorings (that is, what players will be sending meeples to bathhouses, if any is empty)
   - Each player will decide the target bathhouse.
So all these expansions are competing for the order in which points should be noted on the scoreboard.

Castles and Watchtowers, for example, add a level of complexity to the order of evaluation... Where you have to resolve dependencies so the outcome unique no matter the order of subsequent scoring.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 08:24:15 AM by Meepledrone »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Markets of Leipzig - Meeples sent to Leipzig

Started by Meepledrone

11 Replies
Last post January 31, 2022, 05:09:59 AM
by Bumsakalaka
question
[SOLVED] Roads with multiple branches: how to count the points?

Started by Matsya

6 Replies
Last post May 18, 2017, 10:17:27 AM
by Halfling
clip
Markets of Leipzig - Tanners quarter bonus for fields during the game

Started by Meepledrone

3 Replies
Last post December 11, 2021, 08:23:06 AM
by Meepledrone
clip
Markets of Leipzig - Crossroads with trees