Author Topic: 2021 Basegame round 3  (Read 6581 times)

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
2021 Basegame round 3
« on: March 25, 2021, 04:21:45 PM »
Round 3 of the 2021 Basegame Double League
For the rules and scoring submittings please take a look back at: League rules.

Make sure to have either BGA or JCloisterZone version 4.6.1.7 ready.

The third round will be for:
SnearonevsDanisthirty
ThodekeyvsCicirunner
BumsakalakavsDavide
Ny1050220vsBonusDucks
DecarvsSinscerly
AllograftvsLeven

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5141.0
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:31:52 PM by Sinscerly »
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Basegame round 3
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 04:21:52 PM »
reserverd
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 12:30:33 AM by Sinscerly »

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 03:35:22 PM »
I don't know whether this is a glitch, but your second post says round 2.
And what is it that is reserved here?

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 12:31:38 AM »
I've no clue ???

It's fixed now.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 05:52:13 PM »
Snearone and I managed to hook up for a few games of Carcassonne via JCloisterZone this afternoon. Here's what happened (after we'd decided that neither of us should play Blue as we both wanted to :blue-meeple: :'()...

:black-meeple: :D danisthirty (104) - Snearone (75) :( :red-meeple:
This was a tough game! Snearone got off to a good start with a nice city. I managed to ensure that it was impossible to complete but it's easy to forget that these kind of cities often tend to end up making more of a difference to the final scores if you forget about them (as I did) and it ended up being worth 13 points. I made matters even more difficult for myself by throwing myself into an unnecessary stand-off with Snearone whereby I had two meeples on roads adjacent to his cloister needing a rrxx tile to complete the road and get them back. I didn't want to do this though as I didn't want to complete Snearone's cloister, and he didn't want to complete his cloister as he didn't want me to get me my meeples back! I eventually surrendered as I ran out of meeples and needed them back in hand, but it could have been a lot worse if he had tried to hinder me there. Snearone demonstrated some excellent farming which won him an equal share of the main farm with his penultimate tile of the game. However, while I'd managed to keep my score ticking over for much of the game it looked as though things were going to be close. I was rather fortunate to draw one of the ccff splitter tiles at a point where a shared city was nearing completion. I used this tile to attack the city with a second meeple, and even though it seemed like a long shot I was successful not just in winning the city outright but also in closing it which gave me the boost I needed to win the game.

:black-meeple: ^-^ danisthirty (97) - Snearone (67) :P :red-meeple:
I was much luckier in this game than I had been in the previous one, and I'd been pretty lucky in that one too! My early attempts to trap Snearone's meeples were largely successful in that I killed a couple of meeples (one on a road, another on an adjacent city) and got another on a road that needed the rrrr tile (which I drew). My opponent expertly returned the favor by trapping a vulnerable meeple of mine too, but I had the upper hand as I also managed to trap two more meeples; one in a cloister and another on an adjacent city cap that needed a crrf to complete both. Snearone did eventually draw this much-needed tile but had spent most of the game with just one meeple in hand and so hadn't really enjoyed many opportunities to safely generate any decent points. Even with a worthwhile farm behind me the game was still very much alive and we had a last battle over the city at the top of the map which ended up being shared, and I was relieved to see that I'd done enough to swing the final scores in my favor.

Thanks for the games and for the chat Snearone. It was a pleasure! :(y)

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 02:17:48 PM »
Looks like you had two good games @Dan, I've had my first one for tonight against Decar. He got me in the start already blocking my 2 meeples in a city, but that is a story for when the second one is finished  >:D

Offline Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 02:40:20 AM »
Thanks for the games and for the chat Snearone. It was a pleasure! :(y)

Indeed, it was a pleasure!  :(y)
During the first game the points difference was not that big for most of the game, which made me nervous, until you took the city in the north which increased that difference in your favour.
In our second game after giving you the chance to block so many of my followers which you took immediately, it was really hard for me to do anything, luckily I got the tile I had been waiting for to release some but it was too late.
Thank you for the tough duel Dan  :)
Completed: Robber's Son | Gambler's Luck | Vistas Revisited | First Wells | The Flying Machines 2
WIP: The Occult Tower | Binding Deed | Wandering Preachers | City Gates Rebuilt | New King's Orders

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 01:37:45 PM »
Allograft and I have just finished our league match at BoardGameArena.
Here are the final landscapes and the scores:

Game #1:
:red-meeple: Leven vs :green-meeple: Allograft 111:79

Game #2:
:green-meeple: Allograft vs :red-meeple: Leven 52:107

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:20:54 AM by Leven »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 01:56:26 PM »
Thanks for the games Sinscerly!

Decar (119) Sinscerly (92)
You were pretty unfortunate to get two meeple trapped during the first game, so quickly.
I think you were unfortunate to point you CCRR tile towards your smaller city.
I also managed to secure they large city in the centre of the board too.  I decided to play that relatively safe but I could have finished it several terms earlier.  I really expected you to make me pay for that, but I guess you didnt want to lose another meeple in that city too!  I managed to block your attempt on the RHS too.  But did leave a very nice city for you to snatch on the left.  You had some interesting farming opportunities near the end of the game too, but they were all for pretty small farms, and you didn't manage to get the tiles you needed to glom on.  The farm on the lower left was unfortunate because I originally played it thinking to join the farmer you played.

Decar (97) Sinscerly (86)
This was a pretty weird game.  The FFFR cloisters came out early, so there was plenty of extra trapping opportunity.  I managed to get 2 of your meeple trapped again ;(  Followed by a 3rd (I'll be honest I I missed that both cloisters had been played).

I was pretty lazy with some of my thieves, and basically trapped one of my own when I played the that FFFC tile. You were quick to make sure it wasn't coming back :D
I threatened you central farm quite well, but you managed to prevent it, and glom onto one of them just to make sure it would be even, at best.
Unfortunately, those two extra meeple were put to good use between the city splitter farm on the bottom left.  I think you were unfortunate to not glom on.
But you did well to stop that other road from being worth anything significant - the CCCR tile it needed was your last move :D

Two enjoyable games. Thanks for taking the time!

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 08:03:02 PM »
Allograft and I have just finished our league match at BoardGameArena.

Leven provided fierce competition. His ability to play defensively and completely block my meeples was the stuff of legend. I have greatly enjoyed my first two rounds, but round 3 with Leven brought a level of combat worthy of the Cathars and Besiegers. It was really engaging to be forced with a completely different and exceedingly difficult tactician.

Very well played! -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 12:55:17 AM »
Leven brought a level of combat worthy of the Cathars and Besiegers.

Brutal, the Catholics reportedly massacred 20000 people at Béziers shortly before besieging Carcassonne, one of the remaining strong holds of the Cathars. 

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 10:44:22 AM »
Well let me tell you, I had plans for adding to cities, and Leven quite skillfully locked out multiple meeples of mine in the first half of our games. Playing with him really illuminated the need to know the tiles of the base game. As you know, as one adds expansions, more tile possibilities enter into the equation. But the base game is limited, and it was clear that I did not know exactly which tiles were in the base game...whereas Leven had a mastery of the territory. Counting cards is a separate thing, I'm talking about just knowing what cards are in the deck...which I didn't have a firm grasp on. And Leven took me to the gallows. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 02:27:45 PM »
You may find this C1 Tile Distribution Sheet helpful to memorize.  I made it a few years ago now.

The types are grouped, numbered and categorized

If you prefer the current art work you can find that here:  C2 Tile Distribution Sheet
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:29:29 PM by Decar, Reason: My 5800th post! »

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2021, 04:39:45 PM »
Very useful. Thanks boss. Merit!

As an aside, I must say after playing for a few months now, I am increasingly preferring the C1 art. After playing the Barber-Surgeons, I am not fond of C2.2. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 04:45:17 AM »
Thanks.  Unfortunately those images were C2.1 tiles that I brightened.  The contrast doesn't translate well on my screen.  With the exception of the CRRR tile:

And the cloister:

Both of which I find clip a continuous field into 2. I've grown to like the current art work.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2021 Basegame round 1

Started by Sinscerly

28 Replies
Last post August 21, 2021, 10:18:27 AM
by Allograft
xx
2021 Basegame round 5

Started by Sinscerly

9 Replies
Last post September 07, 2021, 11:12:53 AM