Author Topic: Jubilee Speculation Thread  (Read 16568 times)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2021, 12:22:34 PM »
House rules - combine with River II and Princess and Dragon for one three forks to combine into one lake with a volcano at the end? Muhahahahaha -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Gagoune

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 14
  • To place or not to place...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2021, 02:54:54 PM »
Thanks for sharing those pictures ! Where did you find them ? I can't see them on CarcF? :-[
It seems the new expansion will finally be a new version of the Festival ! :-\
I did hope to discover something new... But this expansion's rules could add some spice on the game because you wouldn't be able to choose between place or take your meeple back!
I'm not sure to understand the arrows in the right way: do they show the tile where the action take place? Or the direction you must apply it (regardless of the number of tiles in that direction, if you have a possibility to do so, you must do so...)?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2021, 12:29:04 AM »
I suspect HiG will do what they think is best, regardless of what they've done previously.

I'm disappointed that Bertie didn't make it into the Czech rulebook  >:(

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2021, 12:46:07 AM »
Bertie mush be in lockdown...  ???
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2021, 12:48:11 AM »
Since 2015  :(

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2021, 01:21:22 AM »
Since 2015  :(

Tell Bertie to show up. We have double-sized tiles, magic portals, crop circles and double turns in the base game now...

And multiple scorings during your turn at unspecified moments that may interfere with robbers and messages... and sending a meeple to Carcassonne.

This is gonna be total fun! Picture an abbot and a meeple sharing a monastery, or placing the abbot multiple times on the same monastery and scoring it partially... Or creating a castle with multiple meeples...  Shall we discuss ringmasters bonus when a ringmaster is placed on the double-sized river source tile? What about multiple meeples on a watchtower tile sharing the same feature? Will be be threatened with the Prime Directive?

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2021, 01:27:18 AM »
That's ok, sleepy brains are known to miss things  ;D
What I find interesting about this pseudo-crop circle, is that it is not "job specific". You can add meeples to anything, not just knights, thieves and monks. Imagine multiple meeples on WoF crown spaces, or on the tower top, or acrobat pyramid :o
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 01:29:43 AM by tp10053 »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2021, 01:31:25 AM »
That's ok, sleepy brains are known to miss things  ;D
What I find interesting about this pseudo-crop circle, is that it is not "job specific". You can add meeples to anything, not just knights, thieves and monks. Imagine multiple meeples on WoF crown spaces, or on the tower top, or acrobat pyramid :o

That'd be nonsense  :o
It probably has to be on features only, so not on tower, WoF crown, City of Carcassonne, Leipzig...

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2021, 01:37:31 AM »
Yep... I would rule out special areas including Exp. 8 castles (Should we?  >:D). Only regular features should be considered that is, those features where you can place a meeple normally.

I'm interested is reading the response to what happens when you score a watchtower with two meeples on the same city segment.  >:D >:D >:D

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
Re: Jubilee Speculation Thread
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2021, 09:45:29 AM »
Well, as of right now there is no limitation. The rules specifically say you can add to a meeple "anywhere on the play area", so the reach is the same as festival, but  unlike festival this works on meeples only (no special figures).
The Tower could be ruled out based on the physical (in)stability of the whole construct. But City of Carcassonne, Liepzig and crown spaces could work easily. The castles definately shouldn't be ruled out. Acrobat pyramid is not that weird at all on the second thought, you would just add another acrobat as if you would under normal rules - as long as it is stable.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 10:01:49 AM by tp10053 »

Offline rivellangel

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2021, 11:47:24 AM »

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2021, 12:23:10 PM »
Advanced and new rules: https://mindok.cz/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/cz-carcassonne-anniversary-dodatek-na-web.pdf

Well done! Merit!

Google Translation for the 15 tile extension starting on Page 3. I have not included translations for the picture captions:

Extension of the jubilee release
To convince the famous jubilee as much as possible, we tried to process this issue better, with nicely "glorious" illustrations, and we also added 20 brand new cards. Five of them, including the double-start "spring" to expand the river. The remaining 15 is a separate mini-grooming referring to three large extensions of the basic game that you may also know (if not, it does not matter, it does not affect the game with this mini-grinding).

Game material and preparation of the game
15 Flashes of this extension is divided into 3 groups of 5.
Each group belongs to one of these symbols.

1. Putting the card
Clote with the symbol according to all usual rules. According to which side is heading the arrow symbol, the following situations may occur:
• The new card with the symbol is enclosed by the arrow
to no adjacent card. The symbol is not activated. A player who has applied to the carrier gets 2 points, otherwise his move is as usual.
• The new card with the symbol is included so that the arrow is directed to the collection of the card. The symbol is activated and the appropriate action can be performed (see below).
• The conventional card without a symbol is enclosed by touching the flashcard with the side of the arrow. The symbol is activated and the appropriate action can be performed (see below).

2. Placing the Drušiník
The newly enclosed card with the symbol can be placed figurine according to all common rules.

However, if the symbol has been activated, you have the following options depending on what symbol is:
Instead of the location of the figurine on the card that you can add one of your Drušiník to another to another, anywhere on the game plan, so there will be two with each other.
Attention - You must not have a third partition for two existing ones.

--Page 4--

Instead of placing the figure on the card just attached, you can
place any piece on any unoccupied and unclosed one
territory (road, town, meadow, monastery, or abbot to a monastery or
to the garden) anywhere on the game board - so it doesn't have to be right
enclosed card. Please note that even the meadows are completely demarcated
they are considered open, because they are always evaluated only at the final evaluation at the end of the game.

3. Extra move
By activating this symbol you get an extra move. First, complete your turn according to all the usual rules,
in which the symbol was activated, then make a complete next move. Caution - if you have to reactivate this symbol in it, it will have no effect. You won't get a third move in a row without interruption.
You can also activate the other two symbols in an additional move.

Summary

• If you attach a card with a symbol so that the symbol is not activated, you get 2 points, otherwise nothing changes.
    The symbol is activated by placing the card with the arrow pointing to the adjacent card, or by placing another card adjacent to the side of the symbol card on the game board (with the side facing the arrow).
    A maximum of 1 symbol can be activated in one turn. If you can activate more than one, you can only choose one of them.
    If you attach a card with a symbol by activating the symbol on another card on the game board, you get the usual 2 points (because you do not activate the symbol on the attached card).

[2 meeple symbol] You can add your companion to another of your companions on the game board, so you will have 2 there (there can be a maximum of 2 companions in one place).

[1 meeple symbol] You may place your piece on any unoccupied and unenclosed area anywhere on the game board.

[2 tile symbol] You have another extra move (maximum two moves in a row).

Details of illustrations
You must have noticed the new details on the cards. The meaning of coats of arms and gardens is certainly clear to you. You will find more. Some elements (eg stables or farms) refer to certain mini-distributions that have not yet been localized into Czech. It is possible that they will appear in our country in the future.
This also applies to road bandits. They look different than usual (no wonder, they also celebrate), but they apply like regular bandits if you play with the appropriate mini-expansion (hopefully they'll be a little more accommodating). In addition, we have included in the illustrations other celebratory characters and all sorts of other references to other games from the Carcassonne family and not only them. Can you find them all? None of this has any effect on the game.

Thanks MINDOK
Thank you to everyone who has supported Carcassonne in those 20 years. Especially for those players who like to return to this great game even after such a time. Also to all who are in charge,
that the game will get from us to you, ie all honest traders and sellers. Last but not least, the organizers of all game festivals, fairs and other meetings where we are
they could always and will always meet with you in the future. Thank you very much.

Thanks to the original publisher
We would like to express our gratitude to all those who have accompanied us for 20 years:
Colleagues from the publishing house, who tirelessly developed, tested, prepared, corrected, organized, communicated, explained, etc ...
Graphic artists and illustrators who tirelessly painted and designed cards, boxes, rules and cardboard sheets of chips.
Supporters who organized festivals, fairs and various meetings with fans for us.
Manufacturers, traders and sellers, without whom the game would not reach anyone.
Of course, to all players (ie you!) Who love the game, without you none of this would be possible!
And finally, of course, to the author, Klaus-Jürgen Wredo, who had entrusted his idea to us so long ago and was still diligently supplementing it with new and new ideas. Thanks for the trust! We are looking forward to the next 20 years and more ...

:pink-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2021, 12:42:33 PM »
Make sure you give yourself a merit Allograft, you shared these links a couple of days ago!

Czech instructions as linked to from CarcF

https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=5262&sid=c5449613f3deb614fdb62ebe7d97d343&start=30#p72061

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2021, 01:05:28 PM »
Make sure you give yourself a merit Allograft, you shared these links a couple of days ago!

Did I? Oh my. I guess it took a second pass to register for me and to think about running the Google translate. I am finishing a big project...maybe I was too busy a couple of weeks ago for it all to fully register in the mind. The brain wasn't enough. The mind has to grasp. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline rivellangel

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2021, 01:25:18 PM »
Ah sorry, couldn't see it shared anywhere, my bad

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Festivals' differences (cundco.de and jubilee)

Started by Caciej

6 Replies
Last post June 30, 2017, 12:55:28 PM
by Mikeagan
xx
2017 Big Box - content speculation

Started by jungleboy

33 Replies
Last post July 16, 2017, 02:44:20 AM
by Decar
xx
20th Anniversary edition speculation #2

Started by gabrielgeek

31 Replies
Last post April 20, 2021, 03:32:33 AM
by corinthiens13
clip
Speculation: What will be next product for 20 years of Carcassonne?

Started by Bumsakalaka

48 Replies
Last post May 07, 2021, 10:54:01 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Test thread for any member, the Umlauts challenge

Started by Paul

20 Replies
Last post July 11, 2014, 07:14:13 AM
by Jéré