Author Topic: First I thought it's a joke...  (Read 1782 times)

Offline SxN

• Duke
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
First I thought it's a joke...
« on: February 14, 2021, 07:59:38 PM »
... but no, El Caganer (The Pooper) is a real tradition. Google it, it's a worth little research.

Meanwhile, the Carcassonne connection: https://carcassonnepiezadeinicio.blogspot.com/2015/12/noticion-devir-apuesta-por-la-expansion.html

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5058.0

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Re: First I thought it's a joke...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 09:57:23 PM »
... but no, El Caganer (The Pooper) is a real tradition. Google it, it's a worth little research.

Meanwhile, the Carcassonne connection: https://carcassonnepiezadeinicio.blogspot.com/2015/12/noticion-devir-apuesta-por-la-expansion.html
Not a joke. It’s a catalan christmas character. I’m catalan. But I don’t understand why do you share now this... It’s about 6 years... and HiG didn’t.
And I can understand why hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 10:54:37 PM »
Ha ha, thanks for sharing  ;D

The German publisher Hans im Glück has taken the opportunity to invite all publishers that distribute its franchise game to participate in an interesting competition. Throughout the world, company managers must develop a new expansion for Carcassonne, with elements of their own country. The proposal selected by Hans im Glück will be part of the new edition of Carcassonne PLUS 2016 (Big Box). It will also be used as a gift for Carcassonne lovers who attend the most iconic board game fairs in Europe.

What was "The proposal selected by Hans im Glück"?

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 01:59:41 AM »

The German publisher Hans im Glück has taken the opportunity to invite all publishers that distribute its franchise game to participate in an interesting competition. Throughout the world, company managers must develop a new expansion for Carcassonne, with elements of their own country. The proposal selected by Hans im Glück will be part of the new edition of Carcassonne PLUS 2016 (Big Box). It will also be used as a gift for Carcassonne lovers who attend the most iconic board game fairs in Europe.

Nothing... was unended project

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 02:48:29 AM »

Nothing... was unended project

Oh, too sad  :'(

Offline SxN

• Duke
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 09:47:03 AM »
Dr.Meeple, apologies if I offended, that was not my intention. I'm Romanian and find that reading Catalan comes easy to me. Not knowing about this tradition, I was incredulous at first, but then I learned: in English, Catalan, French and Castillian - there is plenty of info online.

Why now? I'm new in the world of Carcassonne, I'm "discovering" things, and other new folks may enjoy my discoveries, while old hands may enjoy a trip on the memory lane.

Now, if this was part of a contest, would you know what else was proposed at the time?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 12:29:45 PM »
In Catalonia it is a tradition in nativities... You can find traditional caganers and some other versions with famous people, politicians,... anything goes...

Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 01:41:51 AM »
Dr.Meeple, apologies if I offended, that was not my intention. I'm Romanian and find that reading Catalan comes easy to me. Not knowing about this tradition, I was incredulous at first, but then I learned: in English, Catalan, French and Castillian - there is plenty of info online.

Why now? I'm new in the world of Carcassonne, I'm "discovering" things, and other new folks may enjoy my discoveries, while old hands may enjoy a trip on the memory lane.

Now, if this was part of a contest, would you know what else was proposed at the time?
No!! You didn’t offend to me!! For me was stupid if Devir finally did it for C2 but was funny for WE ????

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
New old rule from HiG or 1st April joke

Started by Yashin-n

2 Replies
Last post April 04, 2016, 01:18:21 PM
by kettlefish
clip
Nice joke

Started by Dragonlord

1 Replies
Last post February 13, 2017, 03:40:28 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Just when you thought YOU were winning...

Started by danisthirty

9 Replies
Last post November 21, 2014, 05:54:18 AM
by BabyGamer
xx
The Voyages of Marco Polo - First plays, first impressions (image heavy)

Started by franks

5 Replies
Last post November 16, 2017, 06:07:57 AM
by franks
xx
WTB: First Edition, First Print with 70-point scoreboard

Started by Perimones

45 Replies
Last post April 27, 2016, 01:52:37 AM
by Decar