Carc Central Community > The Marketplace

Most expensive Carcassonne item ever on eBay?

<< < (9/9)

danisthirty:
Excellent! I'll have ten...  :o

JT Atomico:

--- Quote from: Scott on September 18, 2013, 09:44:07 PM ---I especially have a problem with people who buy things so that they can sell them right away for even more money.
--- End quote ---

I totally agree with this sentiment. It stops others from getting a fair shot at building up a collection, which no true fan would do in my opinion. I hope that regular CarcCentral folk are better than that.

Die Windrosen was making a lot on eBay a month or two ago, but I wouldn't have dreamt of selling the copy that I got through this forum. The first thing I did when I got it was tear off the plastic unpunch the tiles and play with them!

Lotas:
That Big Box auction, wth!?  And why is it 500 bucks plus in the By It Now, but in the description it says:

$267.60 $360.95

Is the seller away and he didn't want to take the auction down so he made it unbuyable?  I've seen that before, $10 items for a thousand with an "I'm away" message in the description.

JT Atomico:

--- Quote from: Lotas on September 23, 2013, 12:59:54 PM ---That Big Box auction, wth!?  And why is it 500 bucks plus in the By It Now, but in the description it says:

$267.60 $360.95

Is the seller away and he didn't want to take the auction down so he made it unbuyable?  I've seen that before, $10 items for a thousand with an "I'm away" message in the description.

--- End quote ---

The "Buy It Now" price ($535.20) is exactly twice the price in the description ($267.60) and the seller had two copies available. I guess he just messed up his maths a bit! Worked out well for him though, he's already sold one copy.

Why would anyone pay this for Big Box 3? Especially when you can buy al of the constituent parts individually for much less!

Lotas:
Ah, so that's it.  You're right, still way too much.  If somebody paid that much they deserve to lose their money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version